• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe *New Suboxone film * official thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have discussed shooting these earlier on in the thread, They reportedly prep for shots much more easily. I am unsure of how safe they are too shoot though - probably not any worse than the pills. You'd still wanna micron filter.

And Epiks - I think they taste pretty much the same, but at the same time the strips aren't as bad. Idk.

Am I seriously the only one to cut one of these fuckers up into a bunch of pieces and snort it "as is"? Every other post I've read about snorting these involves making a nasal spray, or just snorting up the strip dissolved in water.

^^ I wonder what would happen if you dissolved a bunch of strips, micron filtered, then let the solvent evaporate. Would you be left with powder? And im not sure but perhaps alcohol would work better than water, if anything to decrease evap time, but would this leave more or less non bupe substances? As long as it gets rid of the gel/film that's all that matters.

I think this has been mentioned before, but im not sure if anyone has done it yet and reported back with the results.

And of course it depends on your doctor, but i chose to get the strips. If i came up with a reason why i didn't like them i could go back to the pills. Maybe not everyones doctor is this chill.

Am I seriously the only one to cut one of these fuckers up into a bunch of pieces and snort it "as is"? Every other post I've read about snorting these involves making a nasal spray, or just snorting up the strip dissolved in water.

So do you just cut it up with an xacto blade and snort it like usual? I've been snorting sub for 2 years and was just switched to the film and I hate it. My doc won't switch me back until my appointment on tuesday, so if I can find a way to snort these until then, I'll be a very happy girl :p

^Cut off a piece of film equal to the dose you want and put in the bottom corner of a medicine cup or spoon, and put like two drops or so of water or preferably saline on the strip and stir it up, it will be mixed after a minute and snort that with a plastic straw.

Thanks HOOD for typing that out a bunch of times.... ;)

Thank you so much, Pegasus. And sorry for asking something that has probably been asked a million times! I'm new here, and kinda not feeling too well :/

^^ I wonder what would happen if you dissolved a bunch of strips, micron filtered, then let the solvent evaporate. Would you be left with powder? And im not sure but perhaps alcohol would work better than water, if anything to decrease evap time, but would this leave more or less non bupe substances? As long as it gets rid of the gel/film that's all that matters.

I think this has been mentioned before, but im not sure if anyone has done it yet and reported back with the results.

I tried doing this, but without a micron filter. The result I got was a gummy substance that was impossible to sniff, and I basically wasted it. However, these do disolve easily for injection, and leave you with a much more pleasing to the eye colored solution.

It's funny cause they made these things for the sake of being less abusable, but they're actually probably safer to shoot than the tablets. Thank you R&B. I also think the taste is MUCH more bareable, in fact I hardly notice it. The only thing is that it sometimes leaves me with a burning sensation on the underside of my tongue.

OK, as for BA, I'm having problems believing that these are absorbed more than the pills, but unfortunately I don't have anymore tablets to fairly compare with. Last week I quit a bundle a day habit which I've been kind of on and off of for the last few months (do bundle a day for a week or two, then get back on the subs for a few days, then get back on the dope). I've also just started a benzo taper, and reduced my benzo intake from 8mg of xanax/day to 3 mg Clonazapam.

I'm sure that it's the benzo taper, but I feel like I need MUCH MUCH more suboxone than is normal, or even rational. I've been taking upward doses of 56 mg/day. I know with a ceiling effect, this doesn't make any sense, but I feel like If I dont take 5-6 of these strips a day, I get really depressed and anxious, and experience heat sensations in my body, and these symptoms do get relieved by taking more suboxone. I'm guessing that what is happening is that with the reduction of my benzo intake, (which potentiated the effect of the suboxone for me), I'm not feeling the suboxone in the way I'm used to. Clearly this cannot go on, as I'm prescribed only 24 mg a day, and I have no insurance to pay for it. At this rate, I'll be back on the heroin in about a week because I'll have no other choice, or I'll be tapering from benzo's AND going through sub withdrawal.

Are these strips any cheaper than buying suboxone pills? Does it taste better? I hate that crappy lemon lime flavor of my suboxone pills, and I've been thinking of asking my doctor about switching to these film thingys

^Cut off a piece of film equal to the dose you want and put in the bottom corner of a medicine cup or spoon, and put like two drops or so of water or preferably saline on the strip and stir it up, it will be mixed after a minute and snort that with a plastic straw.

Thanks HOOD for typing that out a bunch of times....

+1- ever since i started doing it like that, i have zero complaints about the strips. probably prefer them

Does it feel stronger than taking the strips sublingually? I'm kinda on the fence about the strips.. sometimes I swear I just don't feel them as much as I did the pills, however, I was also snorting the pills.

Also, do you guys do your full dose at the beginning of your day, or do you split it up? I sometimes split mine up into 2 or 3 smaller doses because I feel like if I take it all at the beginning of my day (which starts at 6am) then it will wear off halfway through the day.

+1- ever since i started doing it like that, i have zero complaints about the strips. probably prefer them

^Snorting the strips is like snorting the pills, yes, stronger...

I split up my dose usually early in the maintenance (when I'm still getting full effect from the bupe), going to once daily dosing after a month or so usually, with the occasional redose on special occasions.

i believe the naloxone is in the suboxone to stop people from IV'ing the drug. Naloxone should cancell any high you might get.

Would this be correct?

no, the naloxone is minimal and buprenorphine has a higher affinity. The naloxone may make the first 10-20 mins uneasy before the bupe overtakes everything even if you were on a full agonist. I actually like precip wd only because I know it will only last a half hour at most if bupe is settling in the receptors simultaneously.

BUPE WILL GIVE PRECIP WD!!! the naloxone is a scare tactic and that is all

i believe the naloxone is in the suboxone to stop people from IV'ing the drug. Naloxone should cancell any high you might get.

Would this be correct?

Yeah, that's a myth and/or marketing ploy. The naloxone in Suboxone is, for all intents and purposes, useless.
As mentioned buprenorphine (the opioid agonist/antagonist) in Suboxone has such a high affinity for your opioid receptors it will win against naloxone every time. So yes, you can IV Suboxone with no problem. Though micron filtering is recommended to avoid complications.

Thank you so much :) Gonna give it a try in the morning. Dosing down now, for the first time in months, so I'm not feeling too great. Trying to get the most I can out of the smaller dose since I already feel kinda crappy.

^Snorting the strips is like snorting the pills, yes, stronger...

I split up my dose usually early in the maintenance (when I'm still getting full effect from the bupe), going to once daily dosing after a month or so usually, with the occasional redose on special occasions.

Thank you so much :) Gonna give it a try in the morning. Dosing down now, for the first time in months, so I'm not feeling too great. Trying to get the most I can out of the smaller dose since I already feel kinda crappy.

I hear that, been tapering down for 8months or so.

Would this be correct?

No, it is not correct. Feel free to read through the FAQ section of the Suboxone Mega Thread and FAQ.

It certainly sucks! I've been on sub for 3 years now.. sad to think it's been 3 years already. I didn't realize it has been that long until I thought about it today. I thought I'd be off of it by now. I did really good at tapering the first year I was on it. Less than a year, actually. I went from 24mg down to 4. Then back up to 6, then down to 4, then 3, then 6.. that last pattern has been repeating for the last 2 years. The past few months, I've been at about 4-5mg, but the past 2 weeks I've been on the strips, which 4mg did not feel like 4mg to me at all, probably because I was taking them they way they're intended (i know, shitty, no lectures, please). So I jumped back up, thought about how I didn't want to go over 4mg, tried to get my doctor to switch me back but he won't until tuesday, so now this week i've been on 4mg, then 3, then 2.5.. now tomorrow will be my last 2.5 day, then i'm onto 2 then 1.. really not looking forward to a weekend of shit. :/ I'm such a pussy when it comes to tapering.

And nice to meet you all, btw! I'm angela, and i swear i don't whine this much when i'm actually feeling like a normal human being :p

I hear that, been tapering down for 8months or so.

Hi Angela,

Where are you from, the United States or a Foreign Country? The only reason I ask is I have heard different States/Countries have lenient M.A.T. laws & some have Draconian laws/Rules. I hope your Taper works good for you, I am also tapering & I know how much of a B*&^ch it can be!

Hello :) I'm from the US, my doctor is in Pennsylvania. Normally he's pretty lenient which is why I was kind of surprised that he wouldn't switch me back to the pills before my next appointment. I'm a good patient! I've only had one bad drug test and that was at the very beginning, so he knows I'm not the type to try and pull anything. Most of the time he doesn't even test me until he has to (it's required every 4 visits at least, from what he says). Good luck on your taper too! How much were you doing and how much are you tapering down to? Surprisingly I don't feel all that bad at the moment. I hate the feeling I get in my eyes though.. I don't know how to describe it.. my eyes just feel different. The past week has been back and forth between feeling slightly decent and feeling like I want to cry and wishing i could sleep through the rest of the week. I jumped from 8mg to 4mg with barely any problem. I don't know why this jump feels so much worse to me.

Hi Angela,

Where are you from, the United States or a Foreign Country? The only reason I ask is I have heard different States/Countries have lenient M.A.T. laws & some have Draconian laws/Rules. I hope your Taper works good for you, I am also tapering & I know how much of a B*&^ch it can be!

Status
Not open for further replies.