• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe *New Suboxone film * official thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
the hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is a gelling agent - probably not great to inject but could possibly be filtered out. It is related to the "wax" in slow release tablets like MS Contin and Oxy Contin. I just had a quick look at some solubility info: example
swells to form colloidal solution
- need further investigation to determine safety, methinks...

White ink etc probably not great either but would be in small quantities compared to the hypromellose thus less of a concern

After reading through this forum and finding that only a few members had posted the results of their IV film experience, I thought that I would add mine.

I prepped about 1/2-1/3 of a film in one cc of water. The solution was much thicker than I had anticipated, and it took a good bit longer to draw up than a regular sub or just about any other pill I have banged would. I then proceeded to filter through a .2um whatman filter. It wasn't terribly hard to push through the filter. After I drew up the final solution I stalled for a good bit and continued to read through the forum. It was somewhat difficult to get the air bubbles off the walls of the barrel due to the thickness. Eventually I manned up and just did it. Everything went smoothly. I don't feel like IVing these things regularly is at all safe though.

I don't think I will be IVing any more films. Fortunately for me the one film I had came from a friend of mine who also is on sub maintenance, and I still currently use the pills. I actually tried to get the films last time, but was unable to because the pharmacy did not have them.

I like that the solution is clear rather than bright orange, but I think I will stick with the pills for now unless I am forced to make the switch. IMO IVing these films is not worth the risk.

My computer was lagging, and i clicked it twice.

But yea the micron filter is ideal, defiantly. But for those who choose not to use it for one reason or another. I do recommend using a syringe(no needle) to pull it through at least 2 fairly large cottons before loading the rig(syringe w/needle). It may take 2 min. longer but even a dope fiend can wait that long if it decreases the chances of infection greatly

This is definitely what I would do (using a needless syringe to pull it through cotton). Some people put a small cotton around the needle tip, or stick the needle tip in the cotton in the spoon; I think this dulls the needle tip which is not ideal for making your shot, or for keeping your veins healthy.

the hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is a gelling agent - probably not great to inject but could possibly be filtered out. It is related to the "wax" in slow release tablets like MS Contin and Oxy Contin. I just had a quick look at some solubility info: example - need further investigation to determine safety, methinks...

White ink etc probably not great either but would be in small quantities compared to the hypromellose thus less of a concern

It is soluble in water, I don't know much else about it. Thanks for sharing the information about it as being a gelling agent.

What else contains hypromellose (aka hydroxypropyl methylcellulose)? Other than the Suboxone film strips (because that's already been established)

Adderall XR, Ambien tablets, Atarax tablets, Benadryl tablets and capsules, Concerta, Dexedrine XR, MS Contin, Opana ER, Seroquel, Wellbutrin, Xanax XR.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=534538

Last edited:
Does anyone have further insight into the effects of IV hypromellose (aka hydroxypropyl methylcellulose)? Saftey, complications, or otherwise.

^ cool, will be interesting to see what you get for results.. if i was you i would have filtered it through a cotton first and then let the filtered liquid evaporate so you get rid of most of the binders/gelatin or whatever it is made out of. You would probably get a powder-ish type substance that way.. i think this way you might just get a ball of goo. Who knows.

You hit the nail on the head my friend, I ended up with a big un-snortable ball of goo (which I ended up IVing, to avoid wasting my Bupe ;) ) But I think perhaps I will try the pre-filter method you suggested, & see if that a yields better, more powdery result, although I think it may persist in its gooeyness since the hypromellose seems to be water soluble (does anyone have any info on the safety risks of this?).

Last edited:
Never bang the film

Okay so all my fellow BLers DO NOT BANG THE FILM.

Heres my story.

So I have experience in IVing. About 8months but I've banged it all. You name it, its been in these veins.

I even have banged the old suboxone tablets. Now my arm was numb for a day after but I got a rush and slight opiate high.

So after reading through this thread (having to skim through the dick sizing and argueing) I came to the conclusion I should double filter and use a small dose. So I dissolve .5mg, draw, refilter, draw. I slowly press down 10cc in a 50cc needle (so about 10mcg) and at first, a nice relaxing feeling, i press down now double...this time I got this INTENSE SENSE OF DREAD followed by waves of un easyness in my body, followed by intense crams. I quickly pull out, dump the rest, and take the other .5 under my tongue as perscribed.

In conclusion...I dont know what they did but they deffienedly figured out how to make shoot proof...deffinedly. I know Im about to have like four people tell me that I didnt feel this, it was my anxiety, etc. I know my body, that wasnt anxiety, or anything else. That was the naloxone.

DO NOT BANG. IF YOU DO ITS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

I got the films yesterday. I think they're way better if your SL'ing them, they take like two minutes to dissolve, and the BA is WAY higher. I ended up taking 24 mg throughout the day. seems like they leave your system faster though, as I shot up .3 bags of dope 6 hours after my dose and felt it. no lie, but like I posted in the other suboxone megathread,, I think I'm begining to become immune to the blockade effect.

80mg, it sounds like you may have missed your shot.

I have shot subs quite a lot. Both the tablets and the films.

The tablets tend to immediately burn like a mother fucker when you miss even the tiniest portion of your shout.

The films however, are weird. I have missed maybe 1 unit in a .5cc syringe. Instead of burning its a weird kind of rushy / pressurized / funny bone twitch kind of feeling.

It is definitely not something you want to IM thats for sure.

I have been Iving the films for probably about 2 months or so now, and my veins seem to be handling the films much better than they handled the tablets. My injection sites are virtually undetectable.

Over all I think these are not too unsafe, as long as you dont miss your shot.

BTW, from your post it doesnt sound like you are quite as experienced with IV as you have said. A 10cc shot is HUGE. I think you meant 10 UNITS on a HALF CC syringe. Also, When properly banging suboxone tablets or films, or anything for that matter , your arm shouldn't be numb for any amount of time.

In conclusion, You had a bad reaction to a shot. and now think that its because of the suboxone film, and the naloxone in it.

I can tell you for certain that they did not make it "shoot proof" because me and several other people are Iving these daily.

Last edited:
80mg, it sounds like you may have missed your shot.

I have shot subs quite a lot. Both the tablets and the films.

The tablets tend to immediately burn like a mother fucker when you miss even the tiniest portion of your shout.

The films however, are weird. I have missed maybe 1 unit in a .5cc syringe. Instead of burning its a weird kind of rushy / pressurized / funny bone twitch kind of feeling.

It is definitely not something you want to IM thats for sure.

I have been Iving the films for probably about 2 months or so now, and my veins seem to be handling the films much better than they handled the tablets. My injection sites are virtually undetectable.

Over all I think these are not too unsafe, as long as you dont miss your shot.

BTW, from your post it doesnt sound like you are quite as experienced with IV as you have said. A 10cc shot is HUGE. I think you meant 10 UNITS on a HALF CC syringe. Also, When properly banging suboxone tablets or films, or anything for that matter , your arm shouldn't be numb for any amount of time.

In conclusion, You had a bad reaction to a shot. and now think that its because of the suboxone film, and the naloxone in it.

I can tell you for certain that they did not make it "shoot proof" because me and several other people are Iving these daily.

Jesus fucking christ...is everyone on forums a dick? You obviously know what I meant. So for you to be like "oh you dont have experience" because while I was typing it I was going through percipitated withdrawl, feeling like Im going to die, and accidently put cc instead of ut is just typical, forum "im smarter than you" bullshit.

So let me paraphrase what happend, this time politicaly correct.

I banged 30 UT's all together. The cramps were in my lower bowel snd then I started too sweat, and feel sick.

Obviously YOUR the one withouth the experince because IMing it wouldnt have given me these results in a matter of seconds as described. If your able to bang the strips, congardulations. All I know is I DEFFINEDLY went through percipitated W/D and would never do it again.

^I don't understand your argument. If you went into precipitated w/d... then it worked, right? Please help me understand what you're saying.

Also, please try to stay calm. No one is attacking you... People just have opinions on this, obviously.

Yeah 80mg, you experienced PW symptoms, this is a potential effect of Suboxone, whether your IVing, SLing, or snorting the bastards, this can happen if you do not use Bupe properly (i.e. while another full-agonist is parked on your receptors) It has nothing to do with shooting, or any ROA at all. While the safety of IVing these strips may be debatable, that does not make it any less "shootable" than any other water soluble pharm, nor is this the cause of your problem,

how can you inject those things when you can even see through the solution. i dont trust it. the films allowed me to stop injecting suboxone.

i hate the films because i feel like theyre less effective than the pills. ill take a full strip and it doesnt seem to last as long throughout the day. it seems to wear off faster than the pills.

i just like the pills better. i dunno. maybe its in my head? maybe im just so used to the pills, i dont like the change.

can anyone tell me how long it takes for the subs to wear off?

Itook one 4mg tablet about 40hrs ago.. could i take a couple methadone and feel any euphoria?

^I don't understand your argument. If you went into precipitated w/d... then it worked, right? Please help me understand what you're saying.

Also, please try to stay calm. No one is attacking you... People just have opinions on this, obviously.

Huh? What worked? All I said was too NOT BANG THE STRIPS So I don't know what your asking. If your asking if the naloxone worked...then yes it did. But my post wasn't something along the lines of "the naloxone dosent work" my post was "do not bang the strips" soooo IDK just re read what I posted, it should make perfect sense.

Yeah 80mg, you experienced PW symptoms, this is a potential effect of Suboxone, whether your IVing, SLing, or snorting the bastards, this can happen if you do not use Bupe properly (i.e. while another full-agonist is parked on your receptors) It has nothing to do with shooting, or any ROA at all. While the safety of IVing these strips may be debatable, that does not make it any less "shootable" than any other water soluble pharm, nor is this the cause of your problem,

Okay...so let me paraphrase this, for the last time....

I SHOT UP .3 OF A SUBOXONE SUBLINGUAL STRIP. I HAVE BEEN TAKING SUBXONE FOR MONTHS NOW. I IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM WAS UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ANY OTHER TYPE OF OPIATE BEFORE, OR AFTER THE SHOT. IN TOTAL I INJECTED 30UNITS FROM A 50UNIT SYRINGE THAT WAS LOAEDED WITH .5MG OF SUBOXONE

So how is this NOT the cause of my problem? I'm not argueing with people who shoto them up, if you can do it fan fucking tastic but if your someone who stumbles on this site from a google search I strongly advise against it or be prepared to go through what I went through. I realyl don't know how to say it any other way. If you don't understand what I said you may seriosuly be developmentaly challnged...seriously. It's in plain english now soooooo yeah...

and yes, youl lbe fine subliminal 4mg = 18hrs

Last edited by a moderator:
^ the naloxone is not active..........so im thinking that it didnt work.......

also, we are trying to provide a positive environment......please take the attitude elsewhere.......

also.... we dont double post.....you can click edit, and edit in your words to the previous post....

Last edited:
ive been banging the strips and i mean. idk how safe it is. it could be doing all kinds of shit to my veins but it works how i want it to and i actually think it works better than shooting the pills. i see people saying they "arent as effective" but i disagree. i do believe they dont last quite as long which is understandable because they hit harder and faster when taken sublingual or iv(compared to the old tablets). i havent injected one in a couple days because last time i did it, it registered, i pushed and at the end it slipped out and i missed some of it and it burned like a mother fucker and it kinda turned me away. sometimes ill get a weird feeling as im injecting it, even when im not missing like a total dumbass. just please if something shitty happens to anybody that reads this or someone hears something, please send me a red flag message so im not still doing it. really dont wanna lose a limb but i enjoy the quick onset and buzz and i feel its better to shoot 2mgs of sub every couple days or so than to shoot 16-28mgs of dilaudid on a daily basis.

i personally don't like the strips as much. i used to only insufflate the pills (less than 2 mg always, usually .5-1) bc of faster onset/better effects, and w/ the strips, i don't really get that at all or even get the same kind of good feeling i used to get sometimes snorting small amounts of the pills. i guess the problem is i don't ever feel high from buprenorphine w/ the strips. anyway, i don't want to make a nasal solution out of the strips really, but i guess i could try. any tricks to achieve faster onset/better effects w/ these things? (short of IVing, etc. - like can your nasal membranes absorb one of these strips solid?) thanks

^I'm in the same boat, it seems. I'm probably going to experiment with a few saline solutions, and also just dropping shavings of it up my nose and snorting water. I'll be sure to report back on my results!

Status
Not open for further replies.