PDA

View Full Version : (bupe) *New Suboxone film * official thread*

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

cire113
28-04-2011, 18:53
Well I've read that it is much better to spread it around not just under your tongue but other spots around the mouth for better absorption. Since if u keep it in one spot under your tongue you are losing a lot but keeping it only there and not a lot is being absorbed in that one spot, as apposed to around your mouth. No?

Honestly i spread it between my gums and under tongue... Cause it does cause significant irritation over time if you use the same spot.....

joepep
17-05-2011, 04:42
This is the most informative page I have found anywhere on the net...Just wanted to thank James Brown and Captain heroin. You have saved me a lot of money.....Thank You

Specterchild
20-05-2011, 04:41
Quick Poll Generally

1. Do you swallow after 5min?
2. Do you swallow after 15min?
3. Do you swallow after 30min?
4. Longer..

faeriegurrl
23-05-2011, 17:02
Having bad reaction to tablets now.

I wrote a while back about a bad reaction to the strips and now I'm having the same reaction to the tablets. It was fine for a few weeks, but then I had a reaction where my heart was racing, my skin was flushed, I had a metallic taste in my mouth that came in waves. It was like a really bad panic attack but worse. I know that panicking made it worse, but I'm not sure what the initial reaction was from.

I started filtering after that and it was fine for a few weeks, but then I had the reaction again. It's been a few days, and I've been very carefully taking tiny doses (injecting) every five to seven hours. But it's not enough medication, so I've been taking a little bit orally too.

I know it wouldn't solve the issue of the initial reaction, but is it possible that I'm putting myself into withdrawal or something because I'm taking it intravenously and sublingually within the same day? I've been basically feeling like crap for the past few days. When I inject it, I have a very minor reaction similar to the major reaction, but I've noticed that concentrating on not panicking helps. But I'm also having a minor bad reaction when I take it orally. I've been having some minor kidney pain a couple times a day, but I get kidney stones regularly so that might be unrelated.

I'm not set on injecting, but it takes less Suboxone to do the job when I do it that way, and I only have a few left so I'm trying to use as little as possible.

So my questions are... am I making myself have symptoms b/c I'm using it too different ways at once? Also, does anyone know if maybe they changed the formula? Maybe I could be reacting to some of the new fillers/binders? I am filtering, but I'm just using tightly-packed cotton pads. I don't know what micron filters are or where to get them.

To answer the person who asked if people get high off of it. I'm not judging (of course) but that's not the purpose. To my knowledge, one of the purposes is to NOT let you get high off it. If you haven't taken any Suboxone in a few days and you shoot it, yeah you'll feel something, kind of like taking Vicodin. But when I did that, I threw up a few times too. And if you're already taking Suboxone orally and then you switch to shooting, I don't think you'll feel anything different. I never expect to get high off it. I just shoot it b/c I've been addicted to the ritual, and I can use less that way.

i are spectre
24-05-2011, 20:15
http://wsam.org/files/bup%20pain.pdf

interesting, it says the sub-lingual range absorption was from 15%-95%
the doses were from 2-20mg for chronic pain.

i burnt the hell out of my shoulders on sunday skating around the marina in the sun. apparently the euphoria may stop around 0.5-2mg but the analgesic effect tends to go far beyond, some have said. so i give it a shot for the awful pain around my blistered shoulders.

someone else mentioned some tissue alterations and/or damage to their tongue, which i have noticed as well. small patch of tough yet tiny bumps, where it seems to be constricted a bit from blood flow. is there anyone else out there with these changes?

what are peoples feelings about chronic pain management with this? does it work in the 8-16mg range for pain or do you think this is a waste...? perhaps in the same fashion maintenance users find it unnecessary to go into larger doses as well?

thanks

faeriegurrl
25-05-2011, 00:07
Sorry... I'm just trying to subscribe to the forum & can't seem to do it unless i post. So i'm posting. Newbie issue.

Anyway, has anyone had issues w/ simultaneous sublingual & intravenous dosing? Does this cause withdrawal? I'm asking again b/c i can't find info anywhere & i'm feeling like crap. Keep switching back & forth to try to solve the issue & wonder if i'm making it worse. Taking extremely small intravenous doses & then oral when i can feel the withdrawal symptoms starting? Any experiences w/ this anyone?

moonshield06
25-05-2011, 01:28
Been on the suboxone films(8mg) for several months now. At first I didn't like them, but it was mainly due to the slight irritation that I got under my tongue from where I was placing it. Since then I have changed my routine, and I would NEVER go back to the tablets. When I was on the tablets, I usually had to keep it under my tongue for at least 30 minutes. With the strips, I am done in no longer than 15 minutes and it's a little bit more discreet.

I usually place it right on the bottom of my tongue, near the base. Straight up and down. Then I lower my tongue and close my mouth and within 1 or 2 minutes it's dissolved and it feels like nothings there. After 10-15 minutes, I spit out the remaining saliva and within 20-30m I start feeling the relief/effects. I think the absorption is much better with the strips. When I first switched, I definitely felt a difference in strength that I can only relate to better absorption. I've been on suboxone maintenance for a year now, and to this day -- I can still feel the effects of suboxone(a very mild buzz, related to a lift in mood) 30 minutes after dosing that usually lasts for an hour or two.

I used to swallow the remaining saliva, but I started to feel kinda off and would get headaches. I then switched to spitting it out, and the "off" feeling and headaches went away and I noticed no change in effect between swallowing the saliva and spitting it out.

Long story short: Love the strips and recommend them to anyone using suboxone who has yet to switch over.

moonshield06
25-05-2011, 01:37
Also, I'm wondering if anyone can answer me a question I've been curious about ever since I switched over to the films. Has anyone tried to inject these? Like to let them soak in water till they dissolve and then filtering the solution through a micron filter? Does it work? I know people say you shouldn't be injecting naloxone but I've also heard from numerous people that it's inactive even if injected and the warning is only put there to try and deter people from injecting their meds.

I have injected 4mg of suboxone before, but it was in tablet form. I have not tried with the films, and most likely will not even if it's possible. I am doing just fine taking them sublingually as directed, and have been for the past year. I have only deterred from the normal ROA once, and like I mentioned, it was IV'd. I don't remember if I got a rush or not when I injected sub. It's been a long time. Mainly I just ask out of curiosity. Thanks to anyone who can answer my question.

faeriegurrl
25-05-2011, 18:14
It is possible. I even saw a video on it. But when i did it i had a horrible reaction. I was using 2mg of a strip & injecting it with 1 cc of water. When i got about 1/10 of it injected, i started to feel weird so i took out the needle & just stopped moving. I thought i was starting to feel high like when i used to inject opiates. But quickly i realized something was wrong. My face and chest turned a bright red worse than sunburn & my heart raced really fast, about 120 bpm. I went outside into the cold air & that seemed to help. It only lasted a few min but i will never shoot a strip again. Of course, i've heard of other ppl doing it all the time.

curiouskittykat
25-05-2011, 19:35
I just prescribed 8 suboxone, I know they are for coming off of opiates, but I am not coming off anytime soon...............what happens if you take them while still on opiates??

curiouskittykat
25-05-2011, 19:36
***juts GOT prescribed****...........sorry

coastin
25-05-2011, 20:07
ive been on suboxone for about 5 years now and i switched to the strips in november 2010, i like them alot better than the pills, the pills took forever to dissolve under my tongue. the strips are quicker and taste less as bad, just gotta open the lil packet with your teeth, i come to find suboxone wrappers all over the place haha

faeriegurrl
26-05-2011, 04:50
No do not take the sub while still on opiates. Verybad idea. U will go into very intense withdrawal. U r lucky to have the tablets & should save them for when u r detoxing. U will be so very grateful u have them then. And no matter what anyone says, u can ween urself off w/ 8 pills. I did it one time & was fine.

sp0r
26-05-2011, 22:40
I was just put on two 8mg/2 sublingual suboxone strips a day.. I was destroying all my veins banging subutex and suboxone so Im kinda glad Im on the strips now. Also when you take 4-8 mgs sublingual it dissolves so fast and hits you so hard. It is probably the best method of all the different forms of bupe.. God bless the strips (sublingually), the first few days I took them, I made a cocktail with bacolofen, vistaril, neurontin, and temazepam.. I was nodding like crazy and felt amazing.......... I loved it. So dont take the advice of the biased people, ;the strips are the bees knees. Enjoy :)
- sp0r

PolyOpinator
29-05-2011, 06:42
I have found NO problems IVing the new films. The only difference i see is you may have to use slightly more water as the gel that makes up the strip thickens the dissolved liquid a little. I can't explain it either but when I did shoot the strips they tended to hit me MUCH harder than the tablets. Maybe its because of how small the strips are I can easily hit a larger dose at once. But all of my worries about shooting these new strips were quashed with my first attempt. Plus the ease at measuring my dose is a definite plus. I neatly cut myself 8 1mg squares (they look like hits of acid :P) which is great because I could NEVER get 8 doses with the tablets, so I see myself being able to stretch my supply even further. One word of advice is do NOT use cold water as the strips tend to not want to dissolve and end up sticking to your spoon or whatever else you use...the closer to body temp the better I'd imagine. Finally, I just want to reiterate that that these strips were NOT meant to be injected so please use common sense, filter as much as you can just be careful. just had to make sure my conscience was clear. those are my two cents

Captain.Heroin
29-05-2011, 15:37
You feel it more because there are less inactive ingredients. The tablets have more inactive ingredients, which trap more of the active ingredient buprenorphine.

You should ideally micron filter the strips though, because otherwise the inactive ingredients can be harmful.

Please check out the last link in my signature to learn more about micron filtering. :)

pacmanchomps
29-05-2011, 21:02
I just iv'd 2mg of the 8mg strip less than 24hrs after taking opiates. After about 5 minutes I feel fine. No precipitated withdrawls. I filtered the hell out of it. Injected half, waited a few minutes and did the rest. No problems here so far...

Captain.Heroin
29-05-2011, 21:09
I would look into micron filtering, which is located in the last link of my signature.

I also think 4mg is entirely too much for a single shot.

i are spectre
30-05-2011, 20:56
for sublingual users...

do you feel that strips and tabs are weight equivalent in their effect?
ie 0.5mg orange tab = 0.5mg film strip (1/16th)

i recall having much better trials with small bits and pieces of the tabs under the tongue than the strips

j0nj0n
13-06-2011, 22:33
so is it safe to iv the films if the mixture is still milky/cloudy looking? I have regular cotton/ q-tips to filter these?

i are spectre
16-06-2011, 16:15
no, it's not safe.

Captain.Heroin
17-06-2011, 01:08
so is it safe to iv the films if the mixture is still milky/cloudy looking? I have regular cotton/ q-tips to filter these?

No; you need a micron filter for this to be safe. The sublingual film strips filter clear with a micron filter. You do not want to inject anything cloudy.

for sublingual users...

do you feel that strips and tabs are weight equivalent in their effect?
ie 0.5mg orange tab = 0.5mg film strip (1/16th)

i recall having much better trials with small bits and pieces of the tabs under the tongue than the strips

They are equipotent to me, although I am not dosing sublingually.

Nurseebol
17-06-2011, 14:09
They r pretty cool. My doc doesn't count but they did bump up my counseling again, I was off it! It is so annoying cuz he doesn't deal with payment, then u have to chase his recptionists at the other office cuz they deal with billing but don't take visa-so no phone payment-i don't write checks so now I gotta run cash out to the office to schedule another appt! I am too busy for this shit!

Puppy Dogs
17-06-2011, 14:42
so anyway ill be getting more strips monday and hope to get mostly back on them, i love the energy and the good feeling they give me, i feel great while taking them, lots of energy, GREAT, and i hope to find a new job since the one i have hasnt been working me full time like ive been wanting. ill just go back to taking a quarter strip a day and feel great while doing it. i love working and i cant wait to get back into my routine... anyway guys, just my 2 cents on the suboxone strips, plus some extra info. i like extra info lol so sorry to those it annoys. i like to and tend to ramble and am trying to get more involved in this site, as my 3 years of heavy drug use has given me a lot of knowledge and experience that i think i can really contribute to this site. actually, a lot of what i know i have gotten from this site, in the past 4-5 years!!!!

also i leave the strips under my tongue for about 25-30min, i shoot for 30 but sometimes the spit gets too much, then i grab a coca cola to wash down all the spit. i try to let the spit build up in my cheeks and keep it away from getting under my tongue and dilluting the medicine down. ive thought about spitting it out, as less than 10% is absorbed by your stomach/intestines, but i rethought that as i want to get every little bit into my body that i can.

damn it happened again i tried to finish my post and got automatically logged out and lost it all!!! fuck!!!!

captain.heroin, i love hearing your advice and look at you as a very knowledgable individual. and you have lots of experience and thats how i like to run off of, experience and if someone doesnt have actual experience i question that they even know what they're talking about. anyway.... on to my question

can you tell me HOW and WHY you shoot suboxone? i knew it was safe to shoot subutex...no naloxone. but i cant believe you put straight naloxone into your veins, lol. this is my worst nightmare. im sure if you ONLY use suboxone the buprenorphine isnt really affected by the small doses of naloxone. and im sure you inject rather than use sublingual as to use this expensive and valuable medication sparingly. am i correct? so i would like to know what dose you use. and also, do you ever use any other opiates? and how much of these do you use at a time? and how much in a day? how often do you dose suboxone and how much do you use? you get the idea of the kind of stuff i want to know. also, do you ever go a day or two without dosing anything? i do this on days i am able to lay in bed as to bring my tolerance down and/or keep it down!!! look forward to hearing from you captain.heroin.

comatoserct
17-06-2011, 21:52
can you tell me HOW and WHY you shoot suboxone? i knew it was safe to shoot subutex...no naloxone. but i cant believe you put straight naloxone into your veins, lol. this is my worst nightmare. im sure if you ONLY use suboxone the buprenorphine isnt really affected by the small doses of naloxone. and im sure you inject rather than use sublingual as to use this expensive and valuable medication sparingly. am i correct? so i would like to know what dose you use. and also, do you ever use any other opiates? and how much of these do you use at a time? and how much in a day? how often do you dose suboxone and how much do you use? you get the idea of the kind of stuff i want to know. also, do you ever go a day or two without dosing anything? i do this on days i am able to lay in bed as to bring my tolerance down and/or keep it down!!! look forward to hearing from you captain.heroin.

As is explained in the first page of the main bupe thread, the naloxone in suboxone doesn't serve a purpose, as buprenorphine is a very powerful opiate that binds to your opiate receptors very tightly. It's binding affinity is higher than that of naloxone, so it never reaches your brain. This is why a buprenorphine overdose cannot be overridden with a narcan shot. The only way the naloxone could possible be effective is when someone takes their initial first shot after being on other opiates. It could perhaps cause worse precipitated withdrawals than if taken sublingual.

Suboxone was created by Reckitt Benckiser as a way to patent bupe and make money off of it. They explained to professionals and doctors that the naloxone would make it abuse proof, and that subutex shouldn't be prescribed unless necessary. Even my sub doctor believes this.

I personally filter my strips with a micron filter in a bacteriostatic vial, which allows me to have a (mostly) safe solution in a sealed device that I can divvy out accurate doses with. I personally IV my suboxone because I have a previous needle habit from heroin and I want to take things one step at a time, as I believe getting off heroin completely is a pretty monumental change for me. I believe that over time I will start taking them sublingually, but for now, I enjoy the fact that IV can give me a precise dose, fast onset, and help me get the most out of my medication, as the bioavailability for IV is 98-100% and sublingual is ~30-40%

mayunholdup
12-07-2011, 14:10
So, now that the Suboxone Film has been out for a while is there an exact BA chart? I take 1 16MG dose daily and I've been on SM for almost two years now and I still manage to get a little buzz off of my dose. The longer I space it out, the more intense the buzz so I try to space it at least 24 hours, sometimes I skip a day which feels rather nice but I don't like doing that too often. Obviously, I take a rather large dose so I could probably only do two ROA which is sublingual and intrarectal. So, that's why I'm most interested in learning BA's of both methods.

Also, does anyone have any directions on the IR method? I've searched the thread but I haven't found an exact measurement system. From another forum, which I can't seem to find now I want to say they recommended 1CC of water per 8MG strip, does that right? I don't have an oral syringe so I assume an empty enema bottle would work? Also, should I just use regular, room temp water or could I use a room temp saline solution? I want to make sure that I do everything completely correct since I give my girlfriend my prescription every month and she gives me two a day. Since, when I first started sub I was taking them as prescribed, sometimes a little less but after a while, I started doubling up my dose and I couldn't stop, so at the end of the month I would go from 16MG daily all the way down to taking 2MG every other day. Sometimes, I run out 80 hours plus before my doctor's appointment and it just sucked. Sure, when I finally took the subs again it was like magic but I just don't want to go through that again so I just gave her my sub prescription and she gives me my two a day then hides the rest like a super ninja since I've never found them. So, I'm limited to my one dose a day and I don't want to mess that up so detailed instructions would be very much appreciated.

Redd_loves_OC
13-07-2011, 04:53
So I've got this problem...

The pill 8mg subs used to be one of my fav buzz's out there. Intra nasal 2-4mg at a time

and the high would last better part of 8 hours. Great buzz. Now Ive got these strips. I

just cant seem to find that sweet spot. Ive tried all different ROA's and multiple doses.

And the burning is so much worse up the nose. I mix with various amounts of water in

a modified oral syring, snort, and....almost nada. Yeah, I know they are for

maintianence and all but I WANT my buzz back. Suggestions?

PS. have not tried IV or smoking yet. Everyone says its safe to IV but no one has

commented on the possible euphoria I am looking for

Thanks guys, keep me off the H please!

mayunholdup
13-07-2011, 06:13

The pill 8mg subs used to be one of my fav buzz's out there. Intra nasal 2-4mg at a time

and the high would last better part of 8 hours. Great buzz. Now Ive got these strips. I

just cant seem to find that sweet spot. Ive tried all different ROA's and multiple doses.

And the burning is so much worse up the nose. I mix with various amounts of water in

PS. have not tried IV or smoking yet. Everyone says its safe to IV but no one has

First of all, smoking Suboxone would just be about the dumbest thing in the world. Secondly, if you want your buzz back, skip a day of subs. So, at the minimum go 48 hours without subs, the longer you wait it out, the better the sub will feel and it really isn't that hard to do. You can easily go 48 to 60 hours without sub without even feeling any noticeable W/Ds. The best thing to do on the day that you skip sub is keep yourself busy. Get out of the house, watch a movie, work out, chill at a friends house and smoke some weed. Before you know it, it will be time for bed. Your mind will breakdown and tell you that you need sub before your body does. If you start craving smoke another bowl or just try to keep your mind off of it and remind yourself the longer you wait, the much better the reward. I've been on sub maintenance for almost two years. I started off with the pills and took between 24 and 32 MG, got down to 16mg (What I'm still currently taking), then started abusing them and doubling up my dose. So, usually I would run out at least two days or so before my doctor's visit, the longest I went was 86 hours and near the end it started getting pretty close to unbearable. I was at the Doctor's forever, I got stuck in traffic on the way to the pharmacy, then I had to wait at the pharmacy forever. When I finally got my script I already had a dose under my tongue before I was out the door and let me tell you, I was super buzzed. Not nodding off, but a burst of energy, pure euphoria, that warm, fuzzy feeling. If I had a top ten list for best opiate highs, this would certainly make it. It was probably just as good, if not better as railing that first 80 of the day. So, that's it....That is the secret to getting a nice buzz if you're on a reasonably high dose of Suboxone, just skip a day or two.

If you want to get an even better buzz going is on the day you skipped double up your dose since you'll have an extra one left over anyways. Trust me, do that and you'll be feeling great all day long.

sveets
13-07-2011, 06:20
I would suggest just using a more recreational opiate. Ive been on subs for almost a year and even tho they are a wonder drug for helping me stay clean i would trade em all for a daily dose of oxy or heroin. I dont understad how people can use it strictly for recreational purposes, imo sub have ZERO recreational value. I have never felt high or even a slight buzz ONCE.

etard7007
13-07-2011, 07:15
SERIOUS QUESTION.

I am now on subutex pills because the nolaxone in the suboxone films gave me wicked headaches and awful nausea. However, I was on the sub films for about a month before they switched me.

While on the strips, I started out injecting them. I was using micron filters. I want to be clear on this fact, that I always used a micron filter.

Anyway, I would first cotton filter and then proceed to push the solution through a micron filter.

After shooting so many doses into a vein I noticed that it would COMPLETELY harden and close up... I now have lost the two previously HUGE bulging veins in the crook of my left arm completely.

I have no idea how this has happened, especially since I used micron filters. Has this happened to anyone else?!?! I am noticing now that one of the veins are slowly opening up and getting less hard but still what happened?!

HdoubleODeezy
13-07-2011, 08:04
SERIOUS QUESTION.

I am now on subutex pills because the nolaxone in the suboxone films gave me wicked headaches and awful nausea. However, I was on the sub films for about a month before they switched me.

While on the strips, I started out injecting them. I was using micron filters. I want to be clear on this fact, that I always used a micron filter.

Anyway, I would first cotton filter and then proceed to push the solution through a micron filter.

After shooting so many doses into a vein I noticed that it would COMPLETELY harden and close up... I now have lost the two previously HUGE bulging veins in the crook of my left arm completely.

I have no idea how this has happened, especially since I used micron filters. Has this happened to anyone else?!?! I am noticing now that one of the veins are slowly opening up and getting less hard but still what happened?!

Question:

what happened?!

Answer:
After shooting so many doses into a vein it would harden and close up

My guess is you weren't rotating injection areas correctly and had those as your favorite spot

mayunholdup
13-07-2011, 10:05
I would suggest just using a more recreational opiate. Ive been on subs for almost a year and even tho they are a wonder drug for helping me stay clean i would trade em all for a daily dose of oxy or heroin. I dont understad how people can use it strictly for recreational purposes, imo sub have ZERO recreational value. I have never felt high or even a slight buzz ONCE.

Everyone just has a different body chemistry I suppose, since I have been on subs for nearly two years and I take 16MG of the sub film once daily and they still give me a nice little buzz. Lately, before I take my subs I put a little bit of mouthwash under my tongue, and clear out the area any food or bacteria, allowing for better absorption. Then, I put one strip under each tongue with a little mouthwash since bupe dissolves wonderfully with alcohol. I also take 900 to 1200MG of St John's worst before my dose as well since I've read online it can increase potency, and It could be, but I also take 20-30MGs of generic IR adderall before my dose as well, I usually will snort half and pop the other half. I know there is no scientefic data supporting it but Adderall and Suboxone really seem to work well together, almost like the adderall prolongs the effects of the bupe. Before I was on full sub maintenance, I would take Subutext/Suboxone for recreation and it would really fuck me up. Yes, obviously oxy and H would hit me really, really hard at first but the sub hit me fairly hard at first too and had a much longer duration period. I would usually take 4-8 MG and one dose would keep me happy all day long. The same with all of my friends since they were fairly cheap...usually between 15-20 for one and one tablet would be good enough to get you high for 2-4 days versus spending the same amount of money on heroin which would be one dose, or hydrocodone which would only be a few 10 MG pills, or a low dose of oxy.

If I can ask, how many MGs are you on, what is your preferred ROA, what form do you take it in? Do you take sub tablets or film? Or do you take subutext?

@Redd_loves_OC

Sorry, I kind of misread your post. I thought you were on sub for maintenance and looking for a way to catch the occasional buzz.

mayunholdup
13-07-2011, 13:09
SERIOUS QUESTION.

Exactly how much of it were you shooting up? I've read more than a few times online that you should never shoot up more than 2MG of the film at once, otherwise the water gets very viscous so the veins have a very hard time transporting it.

Captain.Heroin
13-07-2011, 13:34
So, now that the Suboxone Film has been out for a while is there an exact BA chart? I take 1 16MG dose daily and I've been on SM for almost two years now and I still manage to get a little buzz off of my dose. The longer I space it out, the more intense the buzz so I try to space it at least 24 hours, sometimes I skip a day which feels rather nice but I don't like doing that too often. Obviously, I take a rather large dose so I could probably only do two ROA which is sublingual and intrarectal. So, that's why I'm most interested in learning BA's of both methods.

Also, does anyone have any directions on the IR method? I've searched the thread but I haven't found an exact measurement system. From another forum, which I can't seem to find now I want to say they recommended 1CC of water per 8MG strip, does that right? I don't have an oral syringe so I assume an empty enema bottle would work? Also, should I just use regular, room temp water or could I use a room temp saline solution? I want to make sure that I do everything completely correct since I give my girlfriend my prescription every month and she gives me two a day. Since, when I first started sub I was taking them as prescribed, sometimes a little less but after a while, I started doubling up my dose and I couldn't stop, so at the end of the month I would go from 16MG daily all the way down to taking 2MG every other day. Sometimes, I run out 80 hours plus before my doctor's appointment and it just sucked. Sure, when I finally took the subs again it was like magic but I just don't want to go through that again so I just gave her my sub prescription and she gives me my two a day then hides the rest like a super ninja since I've never found them. So, I'm limited to my one dose a day and I don't want to mess that up so detailed instructions would be very much appreciated.

The bioavailability stays the same no matter what the form of the medication is.

Have you read through the last link in my signature?

Captain.Heroin
13-07-2011, 13:37
SERIOUS QUESTION.

How many shots were you doing per day? Were you cycling your injection sites?

etard7007
13-07-2011, 13:37
^^ We'll the strange thing is... I've been injecting opiates, mainly oxymorphone, for a little over a year now and this never happened until I injected the sub film strips.

And the veins I used for the sub strips I had basically never shot into...

I have serious nerve compression damage in my right arm, which initially left it mostly paralyzed... after over a year of PT it is finally almost back to full functionality... because of this I could never inject into my left arm because my right hand was pretty much useless. This injury is what began my prescriptions to dilaudid and fentanyl and then opana IR and opana ER... for an entire year I always shot into my right arm and occasionally my ankles... because my right arm was so weak most of my veins on that arm were pretty much impossible to hit so I continuously shot into the same vein in the crook of my right arm... I know i should have rotated sites, although for an entire year that one vein never collapsed and always was easy to hit (I never reuse needles and have good technique)...

Anyway, after over a year of shooting pills (with micron filtering for the last 1/4 time) that vein never hardened or collapsed...

however, after only shooting basically 2 times into a vein with the strips the vein completely hardened up. the only times I ever shot into my left crook was RARELY when i was using with my friend and he hit it for me... right about the time I got on suboxone my right hand was strong enough to use for injection (although it is still difficult)... so my first dose of suboxone that i decided to inject i shot into a vein i hadn't touched in who knows how long... i shot into the other vein in my left crook, back into the first one and later i realized that they were both hardened and closed up.

this is really confusing me... so i should really advise that people reconsider injecting these strips, especially without micron filters...

mayunholdup
13-07-2011, 16:59
The bioavailability stays the same no matter what the form of the medication is.

Have you read through the last link in my signature?

No, I didn't take a look at it till I read your reply since being and IV user just doesn't interest me anymore due to the fact I have literally the most hidden veins in the history of mankind. I've gotten lucky a few times and gotten them in only or two jabs but there have been other instances where I've really messed myself up. Even Medical Professionals have a hard time finding my veins. They almost never get it on the first attempt, usually between the second and third, sometimes even more than that so IVINg just isn't worth the hassle anymore...Unless I got my hands on some tar but I've clean for two years now so I'm not going back down that road.

I just wanted to know how much liquid I should use per a 8mg film so I can plug it. I've never tried it before and I'm very anxious to try a different method. I've read countless posts of people plugging the tablets but never one for the film.

Captain.Heroin
13-07-2011, 22:47
^^ We'll the strange thing is... I've been injecting opiates, mainly oxymorphone, for a little over a year now and this never happened until I injected the sub film strips.

And the veins I used for the sub strips I had basically never shot into...

I have serious nerve compression damage in my right arm, which initially left it mostly paralyzed... after over a year of PT it is finally almost back to full functionality... because of this I could never inject into my left arm because my right hand was pretty much useless. This injury is what began my prescriptions to dilaudid and fentanyl and then opana IR and opana ER... for an entire year I always shot into my right arm and occasionally my ankles... because my right arm was so weak most of my veins on that arm were pretty much impossible to hit so I continuously shot into the same vein in the crook of my right arm... I know i should have rotated sites, although for an entire year that one vein never collapsed and always was easy to hit (I never reuse needles and have good technique)...

Anyway, after over a year of shooting pills (with micron filtering for the last 1/4 time) that vein never hardened or collapsed...

however, after only shooting basically 2 times into a vein with the strips the vein completely hardened up. the only times I ever shot into my left crook was RARELY when i was using with my friend and he hit it for me... right about the time I got on suboxone my right hand was strong enough to use for injection (although it is still difficult)... so my first dose of suboxone that i decided to inject i shot into a vein i hadn't touched in who knows how long... i shot into the other vein in my left crook, back into the first one and later i realized that they were both hardened and closed up.

this is really confusing me... so i should really advise that people reconsider injecting these strips, especially without micron filters...

It's a good idea to advise people not IV the film strips without micron filtersm as that is all around good advice.

I understand your concern; as I know what it is like to be unable to use an arm for IVing due to an injury. I think if you switch to micron filtering for IM use, and give your veins a break, it will help out considerably in healing your veins.

Captain.Heroin
13-07-2011, 22:51
No, I didn't take a look at it till I read your reply since being and IV user just doesn't interest me anymore due to the fact I have literally the most hidden veins in the history of mankind. I've gotten lucky a few times and gotten them in only or two jabs but there have been other instances where I've really messed myself up. Even Medical Professionals have a hard time finding my veins. They almost never get it on the first attempt, usually between the second and third, sometimes even more than that so IVINg just isn't worth the hassle anymore...Unless I got my hands on some tar but I've clean for two years now so I'm not going back down that road.

I just wanted to know how much liquid I should use per a 8mg film so I can plug it. I've never tried it before and I'm very anxious to try a different method. I've read countless posts of people plugging the tablets but never one for the film.

I would try plugging 2mg or less at first to gauge your tolerance.

You can easily fit 8mg into 1mL of water (maximum solubility is around 18mg/ml).

DeLee
24-07-2011, 04:42
wrong

HdoubleODeezy
24-07-2011, 05:57
wrong

what did i miss?

and i just wanted to try my first post on the new BL... it looks so different. it looks like..like,. everyone elses forums :( .

mrflowers00
24-07-2011, 06:14
i haven't tried them but my dad says they taste just as nasty as the pills do

HdoubleODeezy
24-07-2011, 06:36
^ they do.. but they only take a fraction of the time to dissolve under the tongue than a large 8mg tablet does.

Naptown Wicked
25-07-2011, 04:11
Then, I put one strip under each tongue with a little mouthwash since bupe dissolves wonderfully with alcohol.

How many tongues do you have?

HdoubleODeezy
25-07-2011, 04:37
^

LOFL.. HAHA Thats fucking hilarious.

cire113
25-07-2011, 04:58
i took oxy for a few days and it sucked.. I hated it.!! so many ups and downs.. felt like shit...

Subs are way better IMO... :)

Captain.Heroin
25-07-2011, 05:23
i took oxy for a few days and it sucked.. I hated it.!! so many ups and downs.. felt like shit...

Subs are way better IMO... :)

Yeah man that's what I'm talking about!! =D

I would prefer waking up feeling OK or maybe only somewhat crappy (typically will only happen when I am using d-amp, cannabis, bupe, and even possibly benzos before going to just bupe the next morning/day after sleeping in a long time)... compared to heroin's morning wake up in hell routine. 8( Argh... I could never go through that again willingly. :|

The only reason I would ever use a full agonist opiate again: extreme nerve/bone/tendon pain, although the last time I had full agonists for extreme pain they gave me pathetic shit pre-surgery, but IV midazolam and IV fentanyl together during the surgery really hit the spot. %)

Even if I hit my head on something accidentally (but not severe) I wouldn't ever consider using a full agonist ever again. I hope to never have extreme pain ever again, especially not four months of it.

BHannon24
25-07-2011, 05:33
i will post this here as well how do we know that bupe is evenly distributed across the films or even pills? like how can we say a quarter is for sure 2mgs?

Znegative
25-07-2011, 08:35
First of all, smoking Suboxone would just be about the dumbest thing in the world. Secondly, if you want your buzz back, skip a day of subs. So, at the minimum go 48 hours without subs, the longer you wait it out, the better the sub will feel and it really isn't that hard to do. You can easily go 48 to 60 hours without sub without even feeling any noticeable W/Ds. The best thing to do on the day that you skip sub is keep yourself busy. Get out of the house, watch a movie, work out, chill at a friends house and smoke some weed. Before you know it, it will be time for bed. Your mind will breakdown and tell you that you need sub before your body does. If you start craving smoke another bowl or just try to keep your mind off of it and remind yourself the longer you wait, the much better the reward. I've been on sub maintenance for almost two years. I started off with the pills and took between 24 and 32 MG, got down to 16mg (What I'm still currently taking), then started abusing them and doubling up my dose. So, usually I would run out at least two days or so before my doctor's visit, the longest I went was 86 hours and near the end it started getting pretty close to unbearable. I was at the Doctor's forever, I got stuck in traffic on the way to the pharmacy, then I had to wait at the pharmacy forever. When I finally got my script I already had a dose under my tongue before I was out the door and let me tell you, I was super buzzed. Not nodding off, but a burst of energy, pure euphoria, that warm, fuzzy feeling. If I had a top ten list for best opiate highs, this would certainly make it. It was probably just as good, if not better as railing that first 80 of the day. So, that's it....That is the secret to getting a nice buzz if you're on a reasonably high dose of Suboxone, just skip a day or two.

If you want to get an even better buzz going is on the day you skipped double up your dose since you'll have an extra one left over anyways. Trust me, do that and you'll be feeling great all day long.

It's funny how you talk about what you do when you skip a day of suboxone. I have not been able to do that in over a year, and I feel it mainly is because I don't go out much. It totally is a mind thing though, at least for the first two days. I think I might try to skip tomorrow though, see how it goes. I had been adjusting to 4 mg/day for 3 weeks but last friday I bought a bundle, and after two days of shooting dope, I switched back over to 16 mg of suboxone, and then today 12 mg. I suppose it shouldn't be hard to taper down again, but skipping might make the process more enjoyable (skip suboxone for three days, and then take 4 mg.)

One weird thing I noticed about this last heroin binge, was that I am starting to think I don't like opiates that much anymore and prefer suboxone to heroin. Now when it comes to opana it's a different story, but heroin just doesn't do it for me like it used to. Unfortunately I also love cocaine so it doesn't solve my substance abuse problem, but it is progress.

Krys
29-07-2011, 14:28
So I am a 26 year old single mother of one, I have been on suboxone tablets since 2005, recently my doc left his practice and left me needing a new doctor, got into a place and I guess there policy is only film, I have been on the film now for about two weeks, it gives me horrible headaches and I just feel all around crappy why??? If there exactly the same as the tabs! I don't believe it! Anyways I just wanted to throw my frustration at the people on here who are iving this stuff, or abusing it in any other way! Its not why it was made! You are the reason why my doctor won't put me back on the tablets, I'm going to get a new doctor because I feel like I'm the patient and I can choose what form of medication I want to put in my body, I have been a good girl never abusing or selling my meds and I don't feel it's fair If I feel like crap on these new films why can't I get my tablets back? Is anyone else experiencing these symptoms with the film or do u prefer them? I guess I am just so use to the tablets and was doing so well I haven't felt like using in over 3 years now after the switch it seems to be all I think about:(