• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Nightmares on xanax?

thcmike

Bluelighter
Yesterday i got a 2mg xanax bar with i split up, .5 at 5pm, .5 at 6pm, then 1mg at like 7:30. It was great fun and going to bed was a breeze (around 9:45), but i kept waking up several times experiencing terrible dreams which i have no memory of, only that i had sleep paralysis upon waking up during the night, but then fell back asleep a a few after because no matter how scared i was i still was tired.

I've been taking melatonin to help me get to sleep for the past week which has had great benefits including vivid dreams, this time i didn't take it though i know that's not what caused the problem. I'm just wondering if xanax has any connection to this? I've taken it on many occasions before with no such dreams.

Edit: I will say though I feel like I've gotten the best sleep I've got in days and I'm in a generally better mood plus two cups of coffee to help lol. And I feel generally calmer than usual lol.

Last edited:
I thought xanax messed with REM sleep so much that you didn't even dream at all?

Can anyone who's heard this too, maybe elaborate a bit.

I thought xanax messed with REM sleep so much that you didn't even dream at all?

Can anyone who's heard this too, maybe elaborate a bit.
've heard that, but I took xanax last night and had lots of vivid dreams. In one I took a handful of red hydrocodone tablets, LOL

thats pretty weird cuz its usually the opposite its usually the melatonin that gives nightmares n xanax vivid or no dreams. I think it has somethin to do wit the melatonin even tho i know u stated u didnt take it that night.

^ Melatonin has such a short half-life, it seems improbable that it would have effected the action of the xanax. Perhaps the abrupt cessation of the melatonin had something to do with it?

First.. I LUUUUUUUUUUUV DubStep.. Kudos to you..

Secondly , vivid dreams from bars when kicking..

Other than that , the thing happens when I wake up..but can only move my eyes , cant talk or breathe no matter how hard I struggle.. I immediately pray everytime , and end up falling back to sleep , unbeknown-st to it all..

But happens too often for my liking , enough to keep me away from the stuff before bedtime.. and Im no rookie , no spring chicken here..

i agree, it varies. im scripted 2mg alpraz. for sleep and i try not to take it every day...or for more then a few days in a row. its usually the first day that i take it (when i have not taken it for a few days prior) that i experience vivid or unusual dreams. like last night...i did some chick in the butt....in my dream.

Just an update, did the same thing yesterday, except split 1mg then 1mg later, with two beers (many hours earlier before i went to bed) and then took a 3mg melatonin, i woke up a few times in the same hour, around 5am, had slightly lucid dreams but no scary ones from what i remember, or paralysis. Very odd though, I've only had paralysis 2 other times in my life and that was before i ever used drugs, years ago.

i agree, it varies. im scripted 2mg alpraz. for sleep and i try not to take it every day...or for more then a few days in a row. its usually the first day that i take it (when i have not taken it for a few days prior) that i experience vivid or unusual dreams. like last night...i did some chick in the butt....in my dream.

hey i hav a couple questions for u if you dont mind
1. how long hav you bin taking the xanax for
2. do you ever take it during the day
3. how do u get 2 sleep on the days u dont take it
4. do u hav any w/d from it when not taken
i wanna know cuz i also take 2mg a night for sleep but im always scared that i will wind up getting w/d's from them i take them only when i am goin thru heroin w/d which is basically all the time.Thank u in advance.

1) ive been scripted it for 2.5 months
2) sometimes, it really depends how i feel...i take desoxyn and kolonopin aswell, and i sometimes like to mix xanax with the alprazolam instead of clonepazm
3) i dont...i just stay up, play xbox live untill i start feeling tired, then usually hop in bed and realize im still not tired, go back to xbox and then repeat the process untill i fall asleep.
4) yea, i do get an irritability if i take it for a few days consistently and then dont take it the next day. factors that increase the irritability: food, sleep, enviromental stimuli

i like to use a tea called "bedtime" by yogi when i dont take xanax....its got some "natural benzos" or something that works on the gaba receptors in the same way.

I had an operation 30 years ago. The night after the operation they gave me a sleeping pill for me to sleep well. I slept anything but well. I woke up in a sweat in the midst of a nightmare, calling for help. I don't know what they'd given me but it shows that sleeping pills can have the opposite effect of inducing a good night's sleep. I guess it depends on how your day was and what goes through your mind at a particular day.

yes, sorry i meant to say desoxyn and xanax instead of desoxyn and klonopin (EDIT)

i know what you mean xxl. depending on my state of mind, i can take upwards of 6mg of kolonpin and/or xanax and not feel drowsy, instead i feel drunk...and awake ;/

I've never had a lucid dream like I'm in the dream and saying "oh this is a fuckin dream whatever" but around any times I'm using Xanax (only benzo that does this to me) I have really vivid dreams. Like it's real. And most of the time involves 10+ people I know or have known in the past but the dreams are random not any message in them or telling me anything just random shit. But then I wake up and I can still remember everyone of them. I kind of like it though haha And it's not when I'm ON Xanax it's during times when I used it two or more days before the dream occurs and they will happen a few nights in a row. I do t understand it. But but don't mind it

IME xanax does fucking wonders to put my ass to sleep on a weekly basis my anxiety shoots though the roof ill fall asleep around 10 or 11 pm and wake up at 2 or 3 am and i know dam well im not going back to sleep
sometimes ill tolerate it but when it gets super bad i take a xanax now...fucked up i went a month without it oh well...but itll almost instantly put me back to sleep
i never have dreams while on xanax

Doesn't happen to me.
Xanax actually gives me some of the best sleep I have ever had.

Gabapentin gives me nightmares though, I have a script of it, used it for like a couple weeks, had nightmares, didn't know it was from the gaba, until I 1 day I didn't dose any and my nightmares went away. Fuck gabapentin! I have 3 full bottles of them 300mg 100 in each bottle and I don't take them for shit.