• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Fentanyl patch Q&A Thread [your generic/Mallinckrodt/Sandoz/Duragesic thread is here]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bestpatch

Greenlighter
Fentanyl patch Q&A Thread [your generic/Mallinckrodt/Sandoz/Duragesic thread is here]

If you're looking to abuse fentanyl, skip this........but if you"re a chronic pain sufferer with fentanyl patch experience, the latest generic patch available is the absolute best I've used in 12 years of chronic pain management. It's distributed in the U.S. by Apotex but manufactured in Japan. It's called a "monolith" type patch, with no obvious gel to be seen, but it has outstanding adhesive performance and in my case, the best pain relief I've ever experienced with a 100 mcg patch. Using it has reduced my need for breakthrough pain meds to near zero. I change patches every 48 hours and I am so thankful to have found this brand. Apotex signed the distribution rights about a year ago. Also in my experience, Mylan was the worst I've ever used, and until finding this I was using the generic Sandoz patch, with about one breakthrough med a day. Everyone is different but I wish I'd found this a year ago, so just FYI.=D=D

Fentanyl patch. First time using, soon.

In a couple of days, I will be getting a couple patches. I've only heard it mentioned ONCE from a friend, who simply said,
"It was the strongest high, me and my friend dipped this goo crap out and ate a tiny bit and we f*ked up for hours"... -- She claimed it's the 'strongest opiate' you can get.

From what I've read, it's a drug primarily given to cancer patients. So I assume it's strong. But I just don't know anyone who knows a thing about the patches. I want to learn as much I can about it within the 2 days, before I get it and definitely want to be as safe as possible.

From what I understand, some contain a gooey substance and some don't?
I know giving information on the patch that would be pertaining to my EXACT situation isn't possible yet, since I don't have the physical patch and can't give specifics on it's strength etc

But I guess what I am asking is general information about the patch and how much would you recommend I take/in what form: Eating/Cutting a slice of patch off and putting it on my arm) ....
My tolerance is pretty low, I've been taking 10mg norcos everyday the past 2 years straight (before that I've been dabbling since age 13, 21 now) I take 7 a day (sometimes give or take 2) I also dabble with oxy IR 30mg and methadone 30mg (only use those when my norcos run out) but I never take a whole methadone/oxy pill. So I assume I should take as little of the patch, possible?

Thanks for any information/help! :)

- NorC

my advice to you is to not touch that patch bro, your tolerance will shoot way way up, and the tolerance you have now is nowhere near enough for you to handle it all...

but if you must:

cut that patch into 16 equal parts, suck (like a wad of chew) on ONE at a time, each piece for around 20-30 minutes. work up from there.

All I will say is be careful. Fentanyl is no joke. Given your tolerance, I'd skip it all together. I am not a fan and it always gives me a migraine. I only use it to stave off WD, but I have a high tolerance. It's an easy way to die. Wanna take a craps shoot on your life?

I'm fully aware I need to be safe.
I was told an hour ago by my friend who has taken it, to do a tiny bit out of the patch at a time.

I also was just told they are 100mcg patches.

I'll probably sit on taking it for awhile, since I'm paranoid as is *hence never taking a whole oxy-30/m-dome at a time*

I'm not going to slap it on at all, prob take a tiny bit at a time out of it, orally.

be afraid, be very, very afraid...
seriously, listen to what ppl are telling you. i od'd and almost died and i have an extremely high tolerance. then, i lost one of them on the carpet, and then i saw my cat chewing on something and gagging. i love my pets probably more than anything in the world, and pets and small children can die instantly from them.
not to mention, YOU...
i have a dr. friend who's an anesthesiologist, and he told me that that is what they take when they want to get the ultimate high. BUT they (doctors) know exactly how much to take and aren't playing russian roulette with their lives...michael jackson, anyone???
whatever you do, do not smoke it, you may be a vegetable, brain dead, have a stroke or just plain ole up & die!! think i'm
kidding? NOPE.
i know it's not what you want to hear and yeh, what a buzzkill, but if it's a habit you don't yet have, steer clear. back away. 100 mg is actually pretty high. i ate a 50 and almost died and i used to take a ton of oxy and opana and hydro everyday for yrs....
think real hard here, you can't regret NOT doing something.
but if you're going to be hard-headed like me, read up and google as much as possible. i am not just jerking your chain here....peace

I'm not personally experienced with Fent, but be very, very careful. The Chemist has really given you the best advice, which is to start VERY VERY VERY low, since people with higher tolerances than you have have certainly ODed on Fent.

I cutted up an 50 µg/h-patch and dipped 5 cigarettes in the fentanyl, and smoked all 5 in one night. It was very nice, but I wouln't recommed it. Must of the fentanyl must have gone up in smoke, otherwise I had died.

And, I think the fentanyl-patches, today consist of an membrane, so it is impossible to just cut it to get the fentanyl. Earlier it was in forme of a jelly.

I still get gel patches, they're still readily available. The matrix patches contain more fentanyl tend to be stronger and last longer. I wanted to point that out as well.

If I were you I'd pass on fent.

Hey again, well first off: They are the gel packets, I just learned. I'm getting it tomorrow.

Also, I'm definitely NOT some ignorant kid trying to get a CRAAAZY high and think I'm invincible, I've never been that way. This is just something coming my way, so I'd like to know as much as possible about it. I have no intentions on using all of it, or any if it's too scary for me to even attempt. I don't even take whole pills (besides norcos) b/c the OD scares keep me restrained.

Anyways, whatever I decide to do, i'll update tomorrow... :)

ALSO, real quick, my friend mentioned last night "Well you're tiny, so be careful" ...I hear this a lot and I go figure weight/size has to do with how the strength of meds can affect someone...I'm female, 5'7 and about 115pds...so does that just amplify the fact that I should just stay away from this? or just take a dabble on my idex finger, from the patch?

FUCKING LISTEN TO US.

i'm the same size, but male.

start with a BB---literally like a BB from a BB gun-- and smoke it off foil.
hopefully, you pass out before OD'ing. and that isn't a fucking joke.

Haha, I AM FUCKING LISTENING. I'm simply trying to aquire as much info as possible... I understand trying to avoid ODs on this earth and keep people from making stupid mistakes, but you're trying to make more of a question, than need be. I ask for informative info and advice...simple, clam down crazies...I get that it's no joke, I've stated several times I'm not 100% on even taking it yet. It's a "IF I WERE TO" situation, others insterested in the patch would be getting helpful info by reading as well...answers for: What's most helpful for a good outcome and decent buzz, but not overdoing it...type info.

Isn't that what this site is for? Helpful informative information? People on forums these days, seriously...

Haha, I AM FUCKING LISTENING. I'm simply trying to aquire as much info as possible... I understand trying to avoid ODs on this earth and keep people from making stupid mistakes, but you're trying to make more of a question, than need be. I ask for informative info and advice...simple, clam down crazies...I get that it's no joke, I've stated several times I'm not 100% on even taking it yet. It's a "IF I WERE TO" situation, others insterested in the patch would be getting helpful info by reading as well...answers for: What's most helpful for a good outcome and decent buzz, but not overdoing it...type info.

Isn't that what this site is for? Helpful informative information? People on forums these days, seriously...

Clearly you don't get it, and you are behaving like a kid who ia looking for a super high. Frankly oxy is better anyways. Google the amount of accidental fentanyl deaths in tolerant people also look up how many drs Accidently of their patients on fent. A 25mcg patch is scripted to someone who can take 60mg of oxy at LEAST.

I have a high tolerance and fentanyl scares the shit out of me. My dr scripted it to me and I felt like I had a timebomb stuck on my skin. While you're googling look up on here how many bluelighters have died using fent. Someone who can still get high on norco or who cant take 30mg of oxy in one sitting has no business fucking with fent. Like I said you're playing Russian roulette.

Fentanyl highs arent even that great and the migraines from therapeutic use suck. Sorry if I am coming off as rude but I want you to be aware of how stupid you are being. Also why make your tolerance skyrocket, that is if you don't Od.

If you make it to the hospital they might not know what is wrong with you and you could die anyways. This is not a drug to be taken lightly. Get some Norcos or some Roxi and have a good time. Your money will be better spent and you're not gambling with your life. How old are you anyways? Do you have kids? Think of what you could be leaving behind.

Put it this way. I take 30mgs oxy every morning for te past year and 15mgs every 3 or so hrs later. I got a 25mcg patch 1 time and sold it because of how scary all the shit I read about it was. With your tolerance. DON'T TOUCH IT. not even a little piece.

Mallinckrodel duragesic patches

Can someone please give me info on Mallinckrodel duragesic patches 100 mcg/hr. We were getting Sandoz, they were thin and they were the best for chewing. Just wondering if anyone has been using the Mallinckrodel are they similar to the Sandoz brand? Can they be cut and chewed. Thanks for info

I actually googled to help you, and when I came back to reply I saw you just signed up and posted this as your 1st post. As such, I'll tell you to just use google - it'd be just as easy for ya as posting asking others to help.
/was there a merge, or did I post in the wrong thread? ;P

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.