PDA

View Full Version : (opioids) Klonopin+Oxycodone, how safe is it

Tryptamind
12-09-2010, 00:04
hey everyone, I have a prescription for Clonazepam, and I took a 1mg pill today. After i ingested it my friend came over with 30mg oxycodone pills, which i have very low to no tolerance for. Would it be safe to bump 15-30mg of oxy while on 1mg of Clonazepam? What are the possible interactions between these drugs, I searched all around and couldn't get a clear answer

bronson
12-09-2010, 01:43
Mixing benzos and opiates is very dangerous unless you are tolerant to both of them. The two together make the likelihood of repository depression very high, even if the doses are moderate.

Please use caution and be safe.

chitown rollin
12-09-2010, 02:45
please do not mix benzos and opiates! it is not safe and I've even had a friend die from the combo. stay safe

jamesBrown
12-09-2010, 05:01
I think its a little extreme to automatically tell someone to not mix benzos(clonazepam) and opiates(oxycodone). It definitely is true that this mixture can result in extremely seious complications or even death....but when used in a responsible manner they can provide a very nice relaxing and euphoric experience.

You just need to know the correct amount to take of each drug, how to take each drug, and how to behave while on the drugs.

If you are tolerant(or atleast know your tolerance level to clonazepam) than I believe 1 mg is not that big of a dose. It is definitely not going to put you at any risk by itself. And since you say you have practically zero tolerance to oxycodone, I would recommend only taking about 15 mg's of it when mixed with the clonazepam to start off. After atleast 2 hours, see how you feel and how the drugs are effecting your respiration and heart rate and then you can determine whether or not you should take more. But I feel confident that since you have little opiate tolerance, 15 mg's would be enough to provide you with a pleasant, yet safe, experience.

But if you do chose to take more after 2 hr's, judge your next dose according to how you felt from the first 15 mg's....I think taking the oxy in incrimants of 5 - 10 mg's(and then waiting yet another 2 hrs) should be a safe way of gradually increasing your dose from there. But if you feel like you got practically zero effect from the initial dose(which I highly doubt would happen) than you might try taking another 15 mg's on top of that, maybe even 20 mg's....but this I do not recommend and you should do this with extreme caution and make sure you are very aware of how your body is responding to the medications.

Also, DO NOT take any alcohol while mixing these medications. Alcohol has the most potential of causing dangerous/deadly side effects because of its strong ability to cause respiratory depression.

Please be safe, and have fun!:)

good luck.

Tryptamind
13-09-2010, 07:45
Ty for your responses everyone. I ended up doing what JamesBrown said, ended up having an amazing night. I probably will not mix the two again though, as the dangers are real. But overall I had a great experience

HeroinGoblin
13-09-2010, 21:28
You should be fine with this combo, I've done it many times, but unlike you i have a giant tolerance.(not trying to dick size) Just remember, you can always take more if your not where ya wanna be at yet but you cant take it back once you've already done it. I wouldnt make a habbit out of either of these drugs since there both HIGHLY addictive. I wish i would of never gone down this path at all. =[ Being addicted to benzos and opiates BLOW. =[

Midflight
13-09-2010, 22:01
Well man it is really just up to you. I slam oxy with about a 200-250mg habit a day, and the only time I have every just blacked out was when I had a kolonopin. I remember nothing and apparently acted like a fool. It surely acts upon each other, so go low with the dosing.

phatass
13-09-2010, 22:04
i would go for 20mg... unless you're a big bloke, or want to nod hard and go for 30mg... yes there is an interaction, but 1mg clonazepam is a very low dose, and you are RX'ed it so i presume you have a tolerance to that

volp
13-09-2010, 22:32
Oh how I hate dosing questions. It is simply impossible to properly advise someone on how to dose or what dose is safe for them. Our individual experiences are irrelevant to what you will experience since everyone is different. I have a stupidly high tolerance, but my wife took a single 50mg tramadol for a headache and was knocked out. I know coworkers who take 5mg of vicodin and are out cold.

So if you honestly have no tolerance, then steer clear of mixing too much.

punchednthenose
14-09-2010, 01:34
i mixed 3 mg of klonopin with 3 packs slammed of very pure pwder smack today. :) I have mad tolerance though so BE VERY CAREFUL DUDE!

Dirk_Diggler
14-11-2010, 08:55
Doctors prescribe opiates with benzos all the time. But these are small, as directed dosages, not recreational.

I will say this: Of all the times I woke up in the hospital from an overdose that almost killed me (trust me, it's happened more than once) it was because I mixed benzos and opiates together. And the scary thing is you can take a "safe" recreational dose of either drug (one that wouldn't normally kill you) and mix it with even a smaller amount of the other, and you'll OD.

The first time I OD'd I took 20 15mg MS Contins (that was how high my tolerance was) and was disappointed with the lack of "highness". So I took about 10 1mg Xanax (10mg) and woke up in the hospital unable to talk because they had intubated me. So it doesn't take as much as you would imagine.

Best advice: don't do it. But if you do it, keep it small and don't overdo it. :)

80mg
14-11-2010, 08:57
Doctors prescribe opiates with benzos all the time. But these are small, as directed dosages, not recreational.

I will say this: Of all the times I woke up in the hospital from an overdose that almost killed me (trust me, it's happened more than once) it was because I mixed benzos and opiates together. And the scary thing is you can take a "safe" recreational dose of either drug (one that wouldn't normally kill you) and mix it with even a smaller amount of the other, and you'll OD.

The first time I OD'd I took 20 15mg MS Contins (that was how high my tolerance was) and was disappointed with the lack of "highness". So I took about 10 1mg Xanax (10mg) and woke up in the hospital unable to talk because they had intubated me. So it doesn't take as much as you would imagine.

Best advice: don't do it. But if you do it, keep it small and don't overdo it. :)

Lol like when I OD'd. But I took ALOT more xanax and 80mg of opana. WW.