• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Suboxone/Heroin question

Status
Not open for further replies.

timewillcome

Greenlighter
Hey sry if this is a repeat post I'm a new bluelight user.

(Keep in mind that before I took the subs, my normal shot was around half a balloon of some good quality dope).

On saturday (2 days ago) I took the last of my suboxone around noon-time which was 4mg and it had the bup stuff and naloxone in it. Around 2pm the day after I tried to I/V some dope (about 1/2 of a balloon)... waited and I felt absolutely nothing so I tried the other half.... nothing. So today I I/V'd an entire balloon and I still felt nothing from it. I know the dope is good bc I know someone that did the same stuff and got rocked from it.

So what I'm asking is does anyone know if this is the suboxone preventing the effects of the dope or have any idea why I'm not feeling anything from it?

yes it is the suboxone blocking the effects you should wait 36 hours before you use another opiate if you want to feel it

So are you saying wait 36hrs after my last attempt (which was about 2hrs ago) or 36hrs after last suboxone dose?

I waited 24hrs after last sub dose before i did any dope, waited another 24hrs after the first shot didn't do anything to do another and that still didn't do shit

I shot 1mg of sub (been on it for 8 motnhs daily) and did a 2 bag shot of dope today about 5 hours later and was able to feel the high just fine but got no rush from it. I think anything above 4mg is too high of a dose and will give more of a blocking effect for longer.

weird, wonder if I'll be able to feel it tomorrow. I should since my last sub dose was on this past saturday

Well the half life of sub is 36 hours, meaning half of it will be gone by then, it should all be gone within 72 hours though. I was surprised how much I was able to feel the 2 bags though.

Well the half life of sub is 36 hours, meaning half of it will be gone by then, it should all be gone within 72 hours though. I was surprised how much I was able to feel the 2 bags though.

That's also a misconception about half life. It is true that half is eliminated in the half life, but it's not like the other half is eliminated in the second half life. Just half of what remains.

So, here's what half lives and the corresponding percentage of drug remaining will be like...

half life 1 -> 50%
half life 2 -> 25%
half life 3 -> 12.5%
half life 4 -> 6.25%
half life 5 -> 3.125%
half life 6 -> 1.5625%
half life 7 -> 0.78125%

I hope that clarifies the idea of a half life for you. :)

In my experience, it takes about 48 hours before I can feel any high whatsoever after taking 2mg of suboxone. I can imagine if you take 8mg of suboxone then it may take longer before you can start to feel the high again but I am not sure. I have never taken a whole 8mg suboxone before. Hope that helps?

Oh, I forgot, please ask these questions in the Suboxone Mega Thread from now on.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.