• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids anyone ever sweat whilst on opiates?

bignbrown

Bluelighter
I never used to get this with oxy, but this past week for the first time ive been abusing Poppy pod tea heavily, been high pretty much 24/7, im just wondering if anyone else sweats quite heavily whilst under the influence and NOT withdrawing? Its starting to annoy me a bit.

Also one more question, this is the first time ive done opiates everyday for more than 3 days ever, i used to do them as a treat every few months, now ive been on them constantly for a week, if i stop now will i get any withdrawals? Im planning a break soon, i just never want to have opiate withdrawals as ive been through benzo withdrawal before and dont want to experience anymore.

thanks

I have never abused opiates, but have had them scripted before, and I noticed they would make me sweaty. I have no source for that, except that when I read this post, I realized that hydrocodone, in particular, made me sweaty. No on the oxy and other opiates, but something about hydrocodone definitely did it.

Poppy tea made me sweat. Suboxone made me sweat like crazy. I would get energy, then work like crazy and sweat so rediculously.

It's normal.

Part B: Your withdrawals should be minimal. Your legs will prob be jumpy when your trying to sleep. Don't think about it.

i have never dabbled with poppy tea, but am quite experienced with Iv opiates of evry variety. Believe me, I too with i could use opiates as a "treat" every days but as you are noticing becomes more and more difficult to serperate treat from necesity. You are traveling down a dangerous dangerous path. I've notived once i use three days in a row, all control is lost and i submit to the all mighty physical habit. having experienced both opiate and benxo withdrawal, both are friggen nasty, and wouldnt use beating benzo addiction as a justification for beating opiate withdrawal, it is TERRIBLE, and nagging. my suggestion if you dont want habit....no opiates :(

i have never dabbled with poppy tea, but am quite experienced with Iv opiates of evry variety. Believe me, I too with i could use opiates as a "treat" every days but as you are noticing becomes more and more difficult to serperate treat from necesity. You are traveling down a dangerous dangerous path. I've notived once i use three days in a row, all control is lost and i submit to the all mighty physical habit. having experienced both opiate and benxo withdrawal, both are friggen nasty, and wouldnt use beating benzo addiction as a justification for beating opiate withdrawal, it is TERRIBLE, and nagging. my suggestion if you dont want habit....no opiates :(

thanks for advice, i will have some time off.

I think it has something to do with the release of endorphins that causes our body to sweat profusely while on opiates...I could be wrong, but I think a doc told me about it once a couple years ago....when I was getting OC's for some leg injury.

yeah opiates have always made me sweat profusely, even now that i've been on subs 3+ years i still sweat, i've just gotten used to it.

On strong opiates yes, it tends to make me sweat a lot. But it's mostly during the summer months, and I'm out and about doing things while under the influence.

During the winter months when its cold, it just make me feel very warm, but sweating isn't a big deal.

-PLUR

I have gotten sweaty from heroin and other full agonists, but ive luckily never had that problem with suboxone...

...maybe its cuz I take doses lower than 0.5 mg's at a time.

^ it even happened with me when i used to iv it (yes, with a micron filter, sterile water, and benzyl alcohol) at doses of .2mg at a time, but i would shoot 3-4 times a day.

I would wake up in a puddle of sweat when I was in withdrawals.

Sweating on opiates is normal, especially with buprenorphine... for some reason it seems to aggravate hyperhydrosis.

I'm sweating right now on 20mgs of oxycodone. I can't be sure 'cause I'm high, but I think it makes your body warmer. At least it feels like it.

Just like benzos make me feel colder, opiates make me feel hot, which obviously, makes me sweat.

Opiates actually make me not sweat or stop sweating if i am... I always thought it was normal to not be able to sweat while on them =\

Yeah I sweat when on OCs. If I'm sitting in the A/C I'm all good. But if I'm moving around, cleaning, working, or out in the heat, then I sweat a lot. I sweat profusely when on Methadone. Methadone, not the best opiod to be taking when you're working as a mover and have to lift heavy ass furniture all day out in the heat constantly moving...I sweat intensely when moving on OCs too.

Yeah, i just had knee surgery and got some vicodin. i just took like 15mgs of hydrocodone and i was sweating my ass of in my chemistry class. A/C was on and there is a breeze because of the vents above each lab table, yet my lower back n hands were sweating like crazy. And i'm not outta shape either

You will likely not feel full on Wd's but you may have the leg cramps or trouble sleeping for a few days.
You possibly may feel like you have a mild flu.

The thing in your post that caught me though is that
You state you do not want to go through withdrawals.
If that is true that well you may want to stop doing opiates as your Drug of choices because ell eventually you will go on a binge and decide to take a break and find you are sick and will then go do more to keep the WD's away and well next thing you know you are trying rehabs and methadone and suboxone etc.
Just sharing what put me on the past and 27 years later I am still on Methadone and scared to death to face coming off.
I am darn almost 50 and still waking up taking something each morning to be "normal" You can not imagine how much i kick my own arse for going back to it after kicking once before