• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Pain meds and urination

Thebilducia6

Greenlighter
Everytime I take my pain meds it's hard to urinate. Is it just me or does everyone have this problem??:\

definitely. it went away after a while (daily use for a few months) in my case.

It's a common problem.

Try sitting down, it may help a little.

yea, especially if your using opiate based pain meds, trouble urinating is a side effect of pretty much all opiates. They also cause constipation alot of the time too.

But this information could have been EASILY looked up online somewhere else without having to start a thread. Please do some research before you start new threads to be discussed on BL.

I have the same problem too. It would suck in rehab when I was on methadone, they would watch us take a piss. Sometimes it would take me litteraly hours.

if you're a guy, i find it helps to kneel down in the shower and splash warm water on it; kneeling really helps relax the muscles used to urinate and so does the warm water.. works for me everytime when im smacked out of my head and the pisser's tight as a fuckin knot

^ I had the record in my treatment court for taking the longest to go. I was on 32mgs of suboxone. I would go in at 10am, and hopefully leave by 1pm. That sucked.

OP: Use the search engine, there are alot of threads on this already, so all your answers can be found there.