• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine how much more powerfull is crack compared to coke?

die twice

Greenlighter
I have been doing coke for 6 months. Kept my life under control so far. What I want to know is crack going to destroy me? The only reason I am thinking of crack is because its so much cheaper. Half the price of coke. I am a weekend warrior basically with the powder. Is it possible to use crack recreationally? this is a real question.

This is all gonna be speculative answers so theres really no point for this thread.

I can personally do crack and I think its about the same as coke...no more addicting, no less.

Thats just me thought, everyones different.

In my opinion....dont do it...the high is MUUUUUUCH shorter and thats no fun. Stick to the snortable stuff and I think youll have a better time in the long run.

To me the effects are similiar, if you snort it your heart races a bit, you feel the need for more cos it's there. Crack- you smoke some hits you faster and really looking forward to your next hit. It's one drug I could never get a grip on doing it either way. Crack seems a bit more intense but comedown is quick. Both make me feel like a fiend. Just want.more...

do not fucking smoke crack. if you already have the habit of doing coke, you will get into the habit of smoking crack. these people saying its the same are fucking retarded. the effects are sort of simliar but its a night a day difference. like dexedrine and crystal meth. what its really like is coke iv, and crack makes you fiend like a motherfucker (more than coke iv, fucked up but true). you will seriously want to do a hit of crack every 5 minutes all night long. i have never been addicted to it, but when i do it this is what happens. with coke, i can do a line every half hour or more and be perfectly happy. crack? forget it.

and the kicker is its not even that great. the buzz is you want more. that's what it is. its so popular because it makes money. dealers make the shit available everywhere cause anyone who does it wants more, and they can just take every dime a crackhead has. just like that. you get a rush and want more crack. if that sounds like something you want a try, go ahead. if not, keep snorting coke and laughing at crackheads for smoking that shit.

Yes, I noticed that with people I was hanging with smoking crack. Suddenly get real quiet, make another call for more. An hour later, need more. I knew a guy who spent his entire check in 3 days "relapsing" That's the term they use in N.A. It messes with your mind.

"relapsing" isn't an "NA" term. If you are trying to get clean, and use, then you "relapsed". Also, an entire check in 3 days would have been a good week for me at one point lol. Although that dude probably makes a lot more than i made at that point.

Either way, if you like uppers or do heroin than don't smoke crack. Otherwise you can probably be a weekend warrior with it, but since you are already one with coke i would say don't bother.

Maybe reward yourself with crack once a month for successfully keeping coke a weekend thing?

I find with crack and IV coke when i do it, i fiend for the rest of the day but the next morning im not jonsing at all. It only rubs off into the next day if i binge, which i don't do anymore. Its much easier to control if you don't do it often basically.

Crack is cheaper because dealers can and do sell in volume.I have seen people dealing crack that also smoked some also, fill up a crack pipe with a rock and pass it around to people in the room,filling it back up with more crack as needed.These people who said sure I'll hit it once or twice were then in "fiend mode" and spent all the money the ha don them on crack and went to get more money.Thus the crack dealer made back his 2 or 3 rocks he smoked for "free" by selling $$$ 10 rocks more to like 2 or 3 people who kept going and hitting the ATM or borrowing money etc..lol..I never did that,because I stuck to powder,and I would hit the crack while they were there,then excuse myself to the bathroom and inject some coke,and be in the for 20 minutes and shoot up 2 or 3 times maybe and come back out coked up as hell,lol..but that was back like 8 years or more ago...left that coke alone ,it killed a few friends and made a few others into fiends who stole from their own family and friends for some crack or powder...sad shit man...

crack is more like I.V coke.VEry intense rush. you cannot compare it to blowing lines AT ALL. It's basically a different drug, and its MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more addicting.

Yeah - crack is a much more intense shorter-lived version of a coke high. And it seems from what I read out here more people seems to lose control with it than being able to keep it under control. For me it has been an ongoing struggle and I am lucky to just keep it under control - been smoking about once a week for 2 years and now cutting back to 2-3 times per month and even want to cut back more.... it would be great to totally control it and make it a 1 or 2 times per month treat

Put it this way, an old friend of mine who was really never that into drugs (he smoked bud once every few weeks, maybe a pill once or twice a year and the odd batch of mushrooms)

He starting doing crack about 3 years ago and I haven't seen him in about 1 1/2 years. =/

For me crack isn't that great, I prefer IV coke.

I was hooked on IV opiates for a few years (still am really), particularly hydromorphone, but when they stopped being available to me all the time I looked for something else.

I smoked crack and it was pretty good, I liked it a good bit, but it wasn't what I wanted. A few days later I got a hold of some powder and snorted it and really didn't like it. I just wasn't for me. I was never addicted to the high, always the rush. After a couple days I found more powder and shot it, and to me, but maybe because I'm a needle junkie, IV coke is better than smoked crack. I've smoked crack once or twice since but it's just nothing I'm interested in.

I think it all comes down to whether you get off from rushes or you just want to stay high. I honestly never gave a shit about being high, though it came from all the stuff I did, all I wanted was the rush. I kind of need to stay clear headed for my job/responsibilities.

Anyway, IMO, that's what it comes down to. Do you like the rush from drugs or do you just want to get high?

I don't smoke it, but I know quite a few people who do and they regret making the switch or trying the crack to begin with. They all say once the rush is over, they regret spending their money on and the comedown sucks like a motherfucker.

I would stick to coke... longer lasting, cleaner high, fiendish but not quite as much as crack.
Listen to what the people above me have to say. While their are similarities, it's not similar enough to make the switch worth it.
They guy who made the dextro/methamp comparison is right on.
If you really wanna switch it up, go for the IV coke option.

Oh and btw, if you start doing crack you will lose your teeth within a year because you will have smoked them all... lol, no offense to any of the crackheads, just wanted to throw a little humor in their.

If you really wanna switch it up, go for the IV coke option.
Awful advice. For several reasons, an IV coke addiction is even worse than a crack addiction.

But anyone with problems managing snorted cocaine is absolutely 100% guaranteed to end up in a quick disaster by switching to either method.

All these people who are bitching about how "you should NEVER compare crack with coke!!!" are being rediculous.

Ive done both and the high was almost exactly identical.....the main difference was that the crack high was much shorter. Thats mainly it.....other than that, I wouldnt have been able to tell a difference between the highs.

I guess it all depends on who you are and how you respond to it...everyones different so please stop acting like there is a MAJOR difference between crack and coke for EVERYONE...becaue that just plain isnt true.....and we dont like to spread false rumors here at BL.

Ive also IV'ed coke and it was much stronger than both snorting coke and smoking crack. So I definitely wouldnt say that smoking crack is stronger or worse than IV'ing coke.

Anyway....I dont reccomend doing crack, or coke....but if you must choose, choose coke, the high is much longer.

Ive done both and the high was almost exactly identical.....the main difference was that the crack high was much shorter. Thats mainly it.....other than that, I wouldnt have been able to tell a difference between the highs.

That doesn't make any sense in scientific terms. Maybe you weren't smoking crack, or maybe you had other interfering subjective factors.

Putting high concentrations in your lungs will result in stronger and faster effects than limited delivery through the membranes of the nose. That's just a fact, a physical law of nature. It's like sipping a beer compared to hose-bonging a six pack in 30 seconds.

That doesn't make any sense in scientific terms. Maybe you weren't smoking crack, or maybe you had other interfering subjective factors.

Putting high concentrations in your lungs will result in stronger and faster effects than limited delivery through the membranes of the nose. That's just a fact, a physical law of nature. It's like sipping a beer compared to hose-bonging a six pack in 30 seconds.

Thats a fact for most people maybe...not me

Ive done it several times and it definitely was crack.

Everyone responds differently....just like I know some people who get more high off of snorting heroin rather than IV'ing it, which wouldnt make sense to most people, but to some, thats just the way their bodies are built....not everyone is the same....

therefore these "facts" people come up with dont necessarily apply to everyone. The only facts that apply to everyone are probably the laws of physics.

you either were taking really small tokes or had really shitty crack bud to say that coke and crack is the same high. you're the one spreading false info.

how can it be false info if I experienced everything im posting?

why is it that evryone has such a hard time understanding that some people respond differently than other people?? Its a simple fact of life that not everyone is the same.
So, if for whatever reason I dont get a better/stronger high off of smoking crack, be it a biological, emotional, physical, or mental reason...its still comes to the same conclusion.....people are different than each other...and may respond differently to the same drug.

Its like you people are racist against people who dont feel the same high as you.

What I want to know is crack going to destroy me?

Only one way to find out....

Seriously, pardon me if I sound rude, but how fucking retarded do you have to be to ask that question? How do you expect strangers on an internet forum to correctly predict your future if you decide to hit a pipe? Try it if you must. And go from there. I'm not going to encourage you to do it, but there's no sense in telling someone not to do it if they're ignorant enough to not learn anything from the multitude of horror stories that's out there.

Just so you know, a snorted coke high is nothing like a crack/IV coke high. They might as well be 2 completely drugs. That's how different they are.

Oh, and one more thing, cocaine and "lasts long" do not even belong in the same fucking language. This is true not matter how you decide to take it, whether it be smoking rocks or snorting lines.
And another thing: Crack is not "cheaper" than coke. They are the same price. Only reason crack is considered cheaper is because less of it will get you high and wanting more. 10 bucks worth of rock is actually a purchasable amount. Ask a dealer for $10 worth of powder and they will laugh at you. That being said, just $5 is enough for 1 decent sized hit from a choreboy pipe.

And in response to that last question: 5% yes, 95% no. There are a few people I've encountered on this forum who keep it to a treat every once in a while, but these people are few and far between. Matter of fact, I commend them for being so strong as to not let rock get the best of them. It depends on your definition of recreation, really. If recreation to you means get high in the morning and go to work, then you can forget about crack. Once you start smoking, you will smoke it all until it's gone. The morning after is the only thing that prevents recreational people from going too crazy. Cravings are usually over when you wake up. If recreation means doing it with friends, then it depends on who you're friends with. From my understanding, after the first hit of the night, even the nicest most timid guy turns into a raging asshole to get the next toot. Again, this all depends. I can't tell you for sure, because you're just a guy on the internet. I will tell you this: A large majority of the people who smoke crack, do not see it as an enjoyable friendly high. The only reason they're there is to smoke the rock and hopefully take an extra hit when their buddies aren't looking.

If you want to talk about IV coke, this one is simpler: 100% no chance in hell. I have never met or even heard of someone who keeps IV coke "under control".

Last edited: