• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids post workout recovery supplement's help with withdrawals?

jdmtyteeeyo

Greenlighter
so i been reading on here for a long time about withdrawls and was curious about after workout recovery supplement's. i have taken them before like afte i worked out and helped alot with muscle achs etc so was curious if they wouldhelp with the restless legs/muscle cramps etc. anyone try this.. hoping i dont have to try this out bc w/d sucks big time..

thought i would bring this up since i have not seen it posted on here and if it helps then hopefully it will bring relief to people..

I think you would need to list EXACTLY which "work out recovery supplements" your talking about...and list there active ingredients.

Only then can anyone properly answer your question...otherwise were just blindly giving answers about a mystery supplement.

I have been clean off opiates for 6 days now, and I have been taking my super mega multivitamin with lots of iron, ginko to help my brain stay focused, went jogging which was brutal but helped, moved to a new apt. so alot of heavy lifting. Also stay as active as possible....sitting at home thinking about w/d is the worst thing you can do!

I have been clean off opiates for 6 days now, and I have been taking my super mega multivitamin with lots of iron, ginko to help my brain stay focused, went jogging which was brutal but helped, moved to a new apt. so alot of heavy lifting. Also stay as active as possible....sitting at home thinking about w/d is the worst thing you can do!

Thats cool....but I think he was trying to find info on a supplement that would help with the RLS, muscle cramps, and restlesness aspect of withdrawal.

RLS is only cured IMO by loperamide....which as you know is an opioid anyways. It helps to keep my legs in check at work....also running as stated above, and constant stretching.

You can pick up 20-2mg loperamides anywhere for dirt cheap. They also help with the cramps and shits.

for example xxxxxnamexxxx Nutrition After Max Post-Workout Maximum Recovery, Chocolate Sundae, 68.32-Ounce Tub
Ingredients
Proprietary Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Glutamine Peptides, Whey Protein Isolate, Hydrolyzed Whey Peptides), Maltodextrin, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Salt, Acesulfame Potassium, Vitamin/Mineral Blend (Ascorbic Acid, D-alpha Tocopheryl Succinate, Maltodextrin, Niacinamide, D-calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Chromium Polynicotinate, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Palmitate, Biotin, Folic Acid, Cholecalciferol, Cyanocobalamin), Sucralose (Splenda Brand). Typical Amino Acid Profile Per Serving: Alanine (2465 Mg), Arginine (765 Mg), Aspartate (3672 Mg), Cystine (408 Mg), Glutamic Acid/Glutamine (Approximately 50% of This Amount is From Glutamine) (10338 Mg), Glycine (1105 Mg), Histidine (578 Mg), Isoleucine (1998 Mg), Leucine (3587 Mg), Lysine (2788 Mg), Methionine (534 Mg), Phenylalanine (893 Mg), Proline (2270 Mg), Serine (2200 Mg), Taurine (1000 Mg), Threonine (2601 Mg), Tryptophan (the Tryptophan In This Product is Naturally Occurring) (9 Mg), Tyrosine (672 Mg), Valine (2117 Mg).

that was a random one i picked
and loperamide is good.. besides the exlax you have to take after so you can poo

here is another one.

they all seem to be the same for ingredients
Serving Size 3 scoops
Servings Per Container 20
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories 185
Calories from Fat 5
Total Fat 1 g 1%
Saturated Fat 0 g 0%
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 25 g 8%
Dietary Fiber 1 g 4%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 20 g 40%
Calcium (as Dicalcium Phosphate) 115 mg 12%
Potassium (as Potassium Gluconate) 71 mg 2%
Sodium (as Sodium Chloride) 79 mg
Golden Protein Complex 25,000 mg
Golden Carb Complex 26,000 mg
GFH Complex 9,000 mg

Ingredients: Golden Protein Complex: Partially Hydrolyzed Whey (Milk) Protein Concentrate (Featuring Various Peptide Lengths), Whey Protein Isolate, LeuciGen (5000mg Complex of L-Leucine and Aminogen). Golden Carb Complex: CoRi Carb (Blend of Nutrient Rich Quickly Absorbed Carbohydrates from Corn and Rice Sources), Inulin and Carbogen. GFH Complex: L-Taurine, L-Phenylalanine, Betaine Anhydrous, Dicalcium Phosphate, Potassium Gluconate, Sodium Chloride and K-RALA.

Other Ingredients: Natural & Artificial Flavors, Malic Acid, Acesulfame Potassium, Lecithin, Silicon Dioxide, Sucralose, FD&C Yellow No. 5.

I think mirapex works GREAT for RLS and restlessness. I have the 0.5 mg pills and if I take a whole pill ill be on my ass drooling knocked out within an hour. Obviously the worry of RLS is long gone at that point.

And thats exactly what I was talking about(posting all the active ingredients and what not)....unfortunately im not the one to read that info and give you an answer....hopefully somebody will stumble upon this thread and know what they are talking about..

I just knew that WHOEVER it is that ends up helping you.....will need this information to do it.

And thats exactly what I was talking about(posting all the active ingredients and what not)....unfortunately im not the one to read that info and give you an answer....hopefully somebody will stumble upon this thread and know what they are talking about..

I just knew that WHOEVER it is that ends up helping you.....will need this information to do it.

yeah. sorry about that.. i was just thinking in my head today and thought about this and thought i would share and hope that this thread will help people /myself for when people are going thru w/d
i know that there are 10000000 threads about w/d cures etc but have not seen any about this

yeah. sorry about that.. i was just thinking in my head today and thought about this and thought i would share and hope that this thread will help people /myself for when people are going thru w/d
i know that there are 10000000 threads about w/d cures etc but have not seen any about this

Yea ive never heard about workout supplements being used as withdrawal cures either.....

....theres probably a reason for that.

This is pretty much a whey protein based supplement.

L-arginine is great for lowering your blood pressure indirectly (by a negligible degree I would say), but overall, the nutrition you are getting (dissolved in something you can drink) is a lot better than not eating at all. It also probably has a lower likelihood of being vomited (though, if it is vomited, don't be surprised I guess, because you are going through WD's).

The key is to not use whey protein as a meal replacement for multiple meals out of the day. The problem with this is that your body needs more than just protein to subside. :)

If this is all you can keep down, then that's OK, but try to integrate eating healthily too while you're in WD's, it'll also help you feel better as well.

As for it being like a "cure to withdrawals", it's definitely not, you're still going to be in WD's.

thought it would be worth to post someting like this. maybe it would take off a little edge of the w/d. just my thought

Might be a little off topic but i know kratom would help relax your body and get rid of the rls.

I totally agree...I took some pre workout with all kinds of stuff from nician and vitimins for 6-10 days in a roll and felt very good...Had little wd's...Im pretty sure this and alot of water helps flush the system