• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How long does a snorted Suboxone high last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritaz

Bluelighter
At the moment, I'm pretty mostly opiate intolerant, last 15mg I snorted was like 2 months ago, and I've been experimenting with kratom recently. Anyway I just obtained a Suboxone.

After doing a lot of research I took very small amounts, mini mini rails. Like .009 mg at a time. After a few lines I started get that opiate feeling and my pupils pinned. I'm still feelin great and its been like 3 hours, should I keep redosing like I would with oxy? Or does this shit last real long even when snorted? I don't want to keep stacking it up untill I end up vomiting like everyone else.

Im on maitenence but when I snort it holds me almost 24 hours exactly.

dannng, thanks, I'm done for today I guess. Should it start wearing off? Dam, I did like less then 1mg too, and I'm lit, my eyes have that, "I'm fucked up on opiates" look, hehe

LOL and I was all pumped for my order of 100 Large pods to come in too, they'll have to wait I guess.

Why do kids go straight to oxycodone, or contin to start their opiate addictions, when this stuff is a lot cheaper and pretty much does the same thing....errr am I missing something?

because those are full agonists and can produce even more euphoria.

Also, if you continue using suboxone to get high for anything over a week(about) you will see the euphoric effects diminish and it will soon make you only feel normal and not get you high. It does this VERY quickly.....and its not like taking more of it is going to help you....this has to do with certain properties of buprenorphine that im too lazy to get into here....but basically know that less is more with suboxone and once you have a tolerance too it, and your not getting high anymore, thats it, you must quit using the drug, too lower your tolerance, before you can go back to using it to get you high again.

Ok so let's say I use it recreationally for a 2 weeks, then stop getting high because of the way Bup works, so then I just keep taking it to feel normal...then what happens when I stop taking it because it ain't getting me high, I'm either going to just flat out stop? Or is my brain going to be craving to get more opiates in me?

because those are full agonists and can produce even more euphoria.

Also, if you continue using suboxone to get high for anything over a week(about) you will see the euphoric effects diminish and it will soon make you only feel normal and not get you high. It does this VERY quickly.....and its not like taking more of it is going to help you....this has to do with certain properties of buprenorphine that im too lazy to get into here....but basically know that less is more with suboxone and once you have a tolerance too it, and your not getting high anymore, thats it, you must quit using the drug, too lower your tolerance, before you can go back to using it to get you high again.

See above...Don't take advice from the above poster... he goes from one position to another depending on the day of the week and who he's talking too... See below...

First of all.....who are you talking too???

Second of all...methadone IS an opiate....so it does, in fact, fall into the opiate category. Sry if this is news to you.

And also, it does not take "clever experimentation" along with tapering to abuse or get high off of suboxone. I had just got put on 12 mg's of suboxone after using $200 IV heroin a day for 4 years....and within like 2 days I was allready taking less than 2 mg doses and was getting a high off of it.....there was no "tapering plan" or "clever experimentation"....I simply took a tiny dose of suboxone and it got me high...and it still does to this day...months and months later....and every time I lower my dose more, it gets me more euphoric.

It's important to consider the source when seeking advice at BL

Why do kids go straight to oxycodone, or contin to start their opiate addictions, when this stuff is a lot cheaper and pretty much does the same thing....errr am I missing something?

Many people prefer the extra euphoria that a full on agonist brings to them... I know that's why I prefer oxy to subs.

As for your original question though... I definitely don't feel subs for 24 hours like some people say, but I never dose more than 1mg because my opiate tolerance is pretty low, and anything more than 1mg makes me very nauseous which ruins my high. I also find that snorting does the job much better than taking them sublingually, in similar doses. When I snort 1mg it lasts around 12 hours I'd say, so yeah, pretty long.

See above...Don't take advice from the above poster... he goes from one position to another depending on the day of the week and who he's talking too... See below...

It's important to consider the source when seeking advice at BL

FUCK YOU MAN....im gonna post in here the smae fucking thing i posted in the other thread.....you truly are the master of ignorance.....you are great at taking things out of context and then going out of your way to make someone look bad in order to make yourself feel good. FUCK YOU...

..."Jesus christ man you need to chill out...first of all...you shouldnt compare those posts because they were being talked about in two diferent contexts...ill give you a break though, because from the way your posting i would guess you are a little ignorant on the subject....and probably have an anger issue.

My original post was talking about someone with NO opiate experience getting EXTREMELY EUPHORICALLY high off of small doses of suboxone(which I have witnessed many times)....in this scenario, it IS true that after a short period of time, that extreme high they were getting will diminish almost completely...BUT..they could still be able to get the small euphoric buzzes I was talking about in my other post...its just not the same "high" that I was talking about...if you read it closely enough(and read many of my other posts on this subject over the past couple months) you would have realized that and you would have realized that I do know the difference between a full agonist and a partial agonist....you probably would have also not wasted your time making yourself look like an ignorant asshole trying to bitch at me.

My other post was talking about people who have allready had an opiate addiction, meaning they have a very large tolerance to opiates....
in that scenario, the only way to truly enjoy the best euphoria from the suboxone is at lower doses like I said, and this can be done for long periods of time...I know because im doing it right now. This works because of the norbuprenorphine(which is a FULL-AGONIST) that can bind to the receptors that arent taken up by the buprenorphine(partial agonist)...because when you take very low doses of suboxone...all the buperenorphine binds to all the receptors it can until there is no more bupe to bind to any more, then, at small doses, this leaves more receptors open for the full agonist metabolite "norbuprenorphine" to bind to...causing euphoria. Understand that asshole????

Im sry that you made assumptioms that I didnt know what I was talking about just because I didnt spell everything out for you but next time try to keep your cool.

And by the way...there are MANY MANY people, even on bluelight, who attest to the fact that "less is more" with suboxone and have benefited from its euphoric properties in low doses....THEREFORE...im ont the only one as you suggested. Im defintely not the minority....and anyone who hasnt tried the method of "less is more" just hasnt had the opportunity to understand how it works....it doesnt mean it wont work for them simply because they havent tried it. Some people, as you have proven, are a little to thick headed to understand these concepts. And yes, I agree, that everyone is different....but the fact that the metabolite "norbuprenorphine" is a full agonist and the fact that it has more receptors to bind to when you take smaller doses of buprenorphine.....causing a small euphoric "high"...is true. Im sry no one ever explained that too you earlier...causing you to embarass yourself and act like an asshole out of ignorance."

This is a basic question regarding buprenorphine's duration of effects which could have been asked in the mega thread.

From anecdotal reports, buprenorphine lasts pretty long when taken intranasally, probably close to the sublingual duration (but not as long).

See the mega thread for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.