PDA

View Full Version : (amphetamines) Massive Headache while on crystal meth? (PS maybe Im dehydrated)

Galloantrax
25-08-2010, 01:35
Have any of you ever had a bad headache while high on meth?
I did two lines of ice about 25 min ago or so, and I keep getting these headaches, which make my high a little less enjoyable.
And it makes me real cranky /:

Ive done meth for about a week and half non stop.

Have you felt this way? What did you do to feel better? (as i believe pain killers would be bad while on meth)

Tommyboy
25-08-2010, 02:15
Ive done meth for about a week and half non stop.

I think thats the main problem. I got headaches from adderall which is an amphetamine. I think its more from not sleeping, not eating much, and your muscles tensing up. A benzo always helped, but I don't like recommending other drugs to treat drug side effects.

Sweet P
25-08-2010, 02:24
Meth has never really caused headaches for me, and I was using it pretty much daily for 3 years. I'm guessing the headaches you get may be caused by lack of sleep, food and hydration. It's important to keep your fluids up while on meth, as you tend to sweat more. Most painkillers should be fine to take while on meth - I can't think of any reason why it would be dangerous to take them.

jamesBrown
25-08-2010, 02:25
Yea there is a very easy way to fix this problem....STOP DOING METH!!. Im not saying your wrong for taking the drug im just saying that since it is basically a poison to the body there will be some side effects from taking it. Headaches are probably the least of your worries if your going on week and a half long meth binges.

Just quit it for a while, eat some good, natural, healthy food.....get some sleep....then a few days later you can take it again, but for gods sake dont BINGE on it. Take it for a day then lay off for a couple days.....that is, if you wanna stay healthy as possible while still being a meth user.

Captain.Heroin
25-08-2010, 02:47
Headaches might be coming from a low blood sugar level (due to the lack of an appetite that meth consistently delivers), or it might be from dehydration, or you might be tense, and need to stretch. Stimulants often cause muscular rigidity and encourage people to sit in a still position for long periods of time.

TheCrackFairy
25-08-2010, 13:54
Yeah I get this all the time. Do you feel real tranquilized on them too by any chance? I've been doing dexedrine for ADHD for about a year now so I've learned a thing or two. When I get those headaches I often get drowsy and a bit depressed too. I usually feel much worse if I take a low dose, a high dose and I'll be pleasantly tranquilized. When I don't redose and let the amps wear off I notice that I start feeling really good and have loads of energy but if I redose when I'm like that I'll get tranquilized again and be prone to those headaches and depression. If I take some opioids while I'm in that tranquilized state then the opioids completely revert the effects of the amphetamines and I go from feeling like shit to feeling real good.

Soap MacTavish
25-08-2010, 15:53
^Yeah I have this effect too sometimes where I get heavily sedated and feel zaps when I take amphetamine. It is really strange and annoying, I'm not trying to fall asleep but sometimes it acts like a sleeping pill and knocks me right out, although the majority of the time I am speeding.

to the OP: as far as the headaches, you might want to see if you can adjust your dose. I have read that really bad headaches are a sign that you are susceptible to a stroke.

TheCrackFairy
25-08-2010, 17:18
Thats 3 of us, we might be able to isolate some of the factors behind this. Whats your normal base physiology/state like? Mine is like being on benzos all the time, I'm exceptionally relaxed, happy and fairly numb to pain and emotions. Alcohol just makes me tired and benzos do nothing to me. I think I have an underactive nervous system. Does anyone here that gets these amphetamine headaches have similar physiology?

chompy
25-08-2010, 17:33
i get headaches from dehydration and not enough nutrition. also get some sleep

JUNKSTER
25-08-2010, 17:56
dont snort it ..shoot it up !! soo much stronger harder & better effect !! a full body orgasm !!! once u do it then u will understand ...its the only way to fly ..lol

Tunnelfission
25-08-2010, 19:21
I almost always get a headache on dexedrine. I usually play it off as my body just "speeding" through all annoyances then later when I notice I haven't eaten or rested a moment that I'm getting a headache...the pressure has to give somehow, people run mainly on nutrition and rest. not

UP UP UP!!

Galloantrax
26-08-2010, 02:59
dont snort it ..shoot it up !! soo much stronger harder & better effect !! a full body orgasm !!! once u do it then u will understand ...its the only way to fly ..lol

The only way I've ever done it has been snort, and by shooting up I guess you mean inject. And I'd never ever do that.

iameatingjam
26-08-2010, 07:51
I rarely get headaches on meth, if I do I just keep drinking water and take an advil. Works like a charm.

ro0ga
26-08-2010, 08:40
There are many reasons you could get a headache from meth, as with every drug, meth has side effects and you may be experiencing just one of them. One thing that could be a possibility, however, is that your headache is being caused by a massive spike in blood pressure due to the meth. This can be serious, as people prone to hypertension can end up in a "hypertensive crisis" while abusing stimulants such as amphetamines. I'd check yourself out and make sure you're not walking around with high blood pressure...a headache is one sign of highly elevated blood pressure. You may be at risk of a stroke or heart attack if this is the case.

Again, it may be nothing but a simple side effect that is common with that type of drug, but I prefer to always play on the safe side of the fence.

Sweet P
26-08-2010, 09:41

Great harm reduction advice. 8)

Galloantrax: don't start shooting meth. Trust me, an IV meth addiction can be one of the nastiest and hardest habits to break.

BlowinKush32
26-08-2010, 10:03
When I take amphetamines in a usually high dose the headaches seemed to be triggered by high blood pressure and when I sit down it usually seems to relieve it a bit

jamesBrown
27-08-2010, 21:44
Great harm reduction advice. 8)

Galloantrax: don't start shooting meth. Trust me, an IV meth addiction can be one of the nastiest and hardest habits to break.

Amen...."just say no!"

zerog33k
28-08-2010, 06:29
I get crazy bad headaches in the back of my head from neck tension. Shit starts creeping up on me and turns into a staggering headache after long enough.

I also get really really really stiff joints after about 48 hours of use. The headache after 24 hours. I know I dont stay hydrated enough but I do consistently eat.

HdoubleODeezy
28-08-2010, 13:38
a opiate or benzo wouldn't be a bad idea at all to relieve the headaches..
if its pain an opiate will get rid of it (hopefully)
and if it's due to tension then a benzo will relax your muscles enough to get rid of the headache. (hopefully, again lol)
or try some clonidine or a beta blocker (atenolol, proranolol(sp?) ) if you think it could be from high blood pressure.. cuz i know when i don't take my clonidine and atenolol i get a headache from high blood pressure and i can feel my heart literally pounding in my head, damn it hurts.. but if it's not like that, try a benzo or opiate and lay off the meth for a bit and let the headache go away, and drink some gatorade or powerade to rehydrate you. NO CAFFEINE even though it does help headaches.. it will just make this one worse most likely.

EDIT: just noticed this was from 4 days ago.. hopefully the OP's headache is gone by now.

ashakilee
08-07-2011, 11:49
Relieving this thread because it's the same question but hasnt't quite answered it.

I started meth few weeks ago, and have been doign about a point on a weekend.

First few weeks were great, but then one time i smoked a bit and a pulsing, throbbing headache came on. Quite intense. Kept smoking, got worse, took a panadol, subsided after about an hour, and i enjoyed the high like normal.

Since then it has been happening every time, and it comes on sooner and more intense every time. Now it comes on straight away and it gets almost unbearable. I'll take a toke and it'll hit couple minutes later, THROB, THROB, THROB, THROB, and slowly slowly ebb away but it'll take quite a while to completely dissappear. In face it carries on for a few days even when i'm not smoking again.

What is this???
What should i do???

Please help. I miss that lovely high i used to get.

ashakilee
08-07-2011, 11:53
PS - it comes on after the very first toke, so it's not muscle tension or dehydration or not enough food or something like that.

dokomo
08-07-2011, 13:30

Way to give absolutely stupid advice on a harm reduction website 8)

Relieving this thread because it's the same question but hasnt't quite answered it.

I started meth few weeks ago, and have been doign about a point on a weekend.

First few weeks were great, but then one time i smoked a bit and a pulsing, throbbing headache came on. Quite intense. Kept smoking, got worse, took a panadol, subsided after about an hour, and i enjoyed the high like normal.

Since then it has been happening every time, and it comes on sooner and more intense every time. Now it comes on straight away and it gets almost unbearable. I'll take a toke and it'll hit couple minutes later, THROB, THROB, THROB, THROB, and slowly slowly ebb away but it'll take quite a while to completely dissappear. In face it carries on for a few days even when i'm not smoking again.

What is this???
What should i do???

Please help. I miss that lovely high i used to get.

You should probably consider cutting back or stopping using altogether. Headaches like this can be caused by hypertension (high blood pressure) and its quite possible you're experiencing this from your use. Chronic hypertension puts stress on all of your blood vessels and your entire cardiovascular system, not something you want to risk for long.

'medicine cabinet'
08-07-2011, 17:06
its not a migraine is it? If you have never had one before you cant possibly imagine how horrible they are, if feels like someone is is shooting you in the eye with a 357 at super slow motion...itds like drilling throbbing pain, nausea and so on...

meth once triggered a really bad migraine once that was debilitating as i dont know what...

masamune84
16-04-2012, 07:06
vasoconstriction of blood vessels in the brain ? not sure on this,

hope you feel better

plur

lcrlover
16-04-2012, 07:55
I used to take one tylenol C3 with food. Still fixes headaches for me

5000m
17-04-2012, 03:40
Every time we got on my gf gets headaches, I can't really say I ever do. She often seems to tense her muscles and clenches/chews/swallows a lot more as well

PriestTheyCalledHim
20-04-2012, 17:29
I've only taken low doses of Dexedrine/Adderall and I've never used crystal meth. The last time I took any I took 15mg of adderall years ago when studying for a university exam and reading an entire history textbook. I did redose not long maybe an hour or so after taking 10mg and later that night when I came home from hanging out with a friend I got a really bad headache and I felt sort of dizzy but I figured it happened from not eating enough even though I had forced myself to eat some food earlier, and I probably was dehydrated even though I drank water and drank a gatorade or powerade while driving with my friend that night.

When I took the amount I was prescribed at 5-10mg I never really got bad headaches.

madog11
20-04-2012, 17:51
Please don't bump old threads, it is unlikly the OP will see the responses now. Please start a new thread if you have any questions.

Venrak
20-04-2012, 18:53
^What about everyone else that is wondering what that headache they got when on amphetamines was? This thread is not just for the OP.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the fact that it may be an overdose. Not overdose in the "Go to the ER, you're dying" sort of way, but in the sense that you dosed over what you should have. The one time i was careless about my dosing, upon come-up I got a killer headache that didn't go away until I started coming down a bit. And that was my first dose of the binge, too.

ErgicMergic
21-04-2012, 00:27
Vasoconstriction headache? You can take some Aspirin or Ibuprofen/APAP. Also, amps use up water at an ungodly rate, stay hydrated.

Venrak
21-04-2012, 03:33
^Yeah, that's the culprit of these headaches. That or hypertension. Possible combination of both.

fyouzz
02-05-2012, 14:00
Hmm I shoot meth on occasion and one time, it was the first time in a few months (shooting criss), i shot and right along with the high was a KILLER headache that lasted a few hours. It really sucked, i took Tylonel but didn't help at all. But out of the say 20 times I shot criss it only happened that one time. I shot like 2 times sense and I've been fine.

firsttimer123
06-05-2012, 09:45
thanks for all the info on this i just did meth and it was the second time i've ever done it the first time i smoked it but this time i injected it and it felt amazing for about two minutes but then this massive headache came on and nothing i have done for the past hour and a half has done anything to help i took aleve and then some generic tylenol with a sleep aid ... i need you guys to tell me something thats going to work immediately please i dont think i can handle this much longer :( .... somebody shoot me please....

ErgicMergic
06-05-2012, 12:48
As listed before, try out Aspirin, maybe 81-325mg. I would recommend 400-600 ibuprofen but you already took Naproxen.

Also, drink a glass of water every 15 minutes at the least, while trying to get some some food in to you. Force feed yourself if you have to. Since I eat so often (4 hours), one way I eat whole wheat bread when I'm not hungry is to take a bite, and then get a mouthful of water to get the bread wet; should be much easier to chew and swallow that way. Protein bars and shakes are another easy addition to the bread, and an easy way to get some good fats is to make an olive oil bread dip.

kisps
06-05-2012, 13:28
thanks for all the info on this i just did meth and it was the second time i've ever done it the first time i smoked it but this time i injected it and it felt amazing for about two minutes but then this massive headache came on and nothing i have done for the past hour and a half has done anything to help i took aleve and then some generic tylenol with a sleep aid ... i need you guys to tell me something thats going to work immediately please i dont think i can handle this much longer :( .... somebody shoot me please....

Before you use meth, prepare yourself for it. Make sure you have an exact date in mind you plan on using. On the days leading up to your dose, exercise, eat a healthy diet, practice discipline on yourself knowing you will be giving your brain reward. If you do not focus on maintaining health before using drugs, you are rewarding yourself without effort (which is exactly what ingesting drugs like meth does on a neurological level, activates rewarding releases of dopamine & serotonin synthetically).
When drugs are used solely for their reward, we sacrifice our ability to use them properly as tools. Meth used on a whim can cause physical distress when we do not calculate as many factors as we can about the metabolic implications of the substance (this applies with all substances as well). NOW, back to the topic A headache develops while on meth, now the responsible thing any Bluelighter would do is gaze over common sources of info containing Methamphetamine's effect on the human body. Many explanations about meth headaches have been offered, I think dehydration is the culprit with any amph headaches. A very basic property of meth is its hygroscopic quality (moisture-absorbing). This being said, it can draw moisture from any tissue it comes into contact with, thus it is dehydrating. My advice, stock up on distilled water, others will tell you that it doesn't contain minerals but you should be consuming those with foods you eat. Distilled water tastes better when you're dehydrated and doesn't contain free radicals that tap water often carries. Every 2 hours fill up a 20oz bottle of filtered water, set a reminder every 2 hours after that on your phone to remind you for "water time". Make sure your water is drank after the alarm goes off (and be sure to fill it back up). Practice discipline, the people who made your drugs used discipline to create the drug, don't you think a fair exchange should be made? The more focus on your health & fitness, the more sweet the reward will taste.

oldskooluser
18-05-2012, 13:22

oh man take care of what your doing seriously this s**t is not fun!!! believe me... sounds like you had a dirty wack!!! maybe using dirty equitment?? did u use a filter when filling the needle?? DONT EVER use a smoke butt to filter it.. use the ones that come in the pack.. the smoke ones actually have tiny shreds of fiberglass in them that can actually be sucked up into the needle and into your vein then into ur heart and what ya get is a ripped artery!! CRAZY STUPID!!! if it felt like a migrain it most likely was dirty.. it could even be that the dealer used dirty equipment to bag it up?? make sure u clean EVERYTHING with hot water from kettle before use and use fabric like ur t shirt to dry it dont ever use tissues.. or better yet do what i did and quit it man before its too late.. whoever taught u to use it like that is an idiot and who ever tells people to use needles instead coz it feels better!! seriously they are nut bags who have already gone to far and killed way too many brain cells!!! you get more addicted to the needle than you do the drug you are using.. i dont know how old you are but i really wish you get someone to talk to and get out of the habit before your like me and still abbusing 13 years later!!! sooooooooo nottttttt worth IT!!!! cheers

oldskooluser
18-05-2012, 13:24
it sounds like none of u users have heard of having a dirty wack???

Fineagain
09-09-2012, 11:52
Please don't bump old threads, it is unlikly the OP will see the responses now. Please start a new thread if you have any questions.

I really don't understand why it is a problem, I google searched the same
question/issue and this was the first thread I clicked on and even though its
From maybe 4 months ago, I was
Able to better understand why i was getting the headaches, it Really helped me and From what i see its helping many others just by reading all the feedback From the others. Thank you everyone for sharing.

Fineagain
09-09-2012, 12:15
oh man take care of what your doing seriously this s**t is not fun!!! believe me... sounds like you had a dirty wack!!! maybe using dirty equitment?? did u use a filter when filling the needle?? DONT EVER use a smoke butt to filter it.. use the ones that come in the pack.. the smoke ones actually have tiny shreds of fiberglass in them that can actually be sucked up into the needle and into your vein then into ur heart and what ya get is a ripped artery!! CRAZY STUPID!!! if it felt like a migrain it most likely was dirty.. it could even be that the dealer used dirty equipment to bag it up?? make sure u clean EVERYTHING with hot water from kettle before use and use fabric like ur t shirt to dry it dont ever use tissues.. or better yet do what i did and quit it man before its too late.. whoever taught u to use it like that is an idiot and who ever tells people to use needles instead coz it feels better!! seriously they are nut bags who have already gone to far and killed way too many brain cells!!! you get more addicted to the needle than you do the drug you are using.. i dont know how old you are but i really wish you get someone to talk to and get out of the habit before your like me and still abbusing 13 years later!!! sooooooooo nottttttt worth IT!!!! cheers

I know your only trying to look out, but please try to be more,...well, LESS judgmental when responding. I don't like when people put down, or call people they don't know names like idiot. People come here for a place
To get help,answers,advice and maybe support about issues that most of the time are really hard to bring up due to fear of judgement, being ridiculed or talked to like a piece
Of crap. We don't know everyone's story or what they have been through, this is actually to everyone bashing the people who iv it. Until you walk in their shoes, don't judge. I agree that the needle is more addicting because I had that addiction before I had a meth addiction. I'm not gonna go into my whole story but
Please guys, I know MOST of you are just looking out, but you dunno what someone's dealin with. Don't forget about the depression that comes along with the meth. Try to choose your words more carefully. We're all guilty of something and nothing makes us better than someone else. <3

KuntryBoySwag419
14-11-2012, 06:26
yea i have had very intense throbbing headaches. I get them almost right after I smoke. and b4 I smoke I eat n am well rested n drink plenty of fluids cuz I know i wont be doin any of this! So ned a new answer please!

LucidShroomDmtier
30-05-2013, 05:40
the serious headaches come from hypertension . if you feel the pain pumping in your head its meth hypertension . thing is i never got many headaches in my life now after 2 weeks of use i still get headaches if i get a bit tired or under warm water in the shower or when the tension abit rises the pain begins from the backof the head and continues ap the skull peak(crown chakra) feels like a rod is being inserted i got that while binging one night i was smoking quiete alot about 1.5g with no tolerance in about 6 hours at 4 hours i got extreme pumping pain inside my head while siting and when i stood i felt relive .. i fear that i might had a stroke or something ...

'medicine cabinet'
31-05-2013, 22:43
It could have caused you a migraine from all the vasocontriction. There serotonin receptors contrick and give you that pounding feeling. I once took 2 bad blair witch pills like 8 years ago and they were just cut with dirty ass crank, gave me one of the worst migraine heeadaches ever. I wanted to cut my pounding vein on my templar artery.