• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ativan (Lorazepam)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunmo

Bluelighter
So i know theres a thread and i read most of it. So i saw a divide between eating and snorting them. So Lorazepam has a high nasal avail...

What do you guys prefer if you ahve tried to snort a few MGs

I have a few here, and I am considering trying them for the "psychadelic" effects people are speaking of. About snorting them I don't know, but I will follow this post cause if they do have a high BA by snorting I will give it a shot!

snorting will do nothing but make your nose cold as hell. just place them under your tongue

well i snorted a few and it wasnt bad however sublingual is the best i believe from trying both.

Psychedelic effects? That's BS. Kind of like the few that claim to get high from eating lots of lope. The BA of snorting is extemely low, honestly it's a waste of meds. For someone with no or low benzo tolerance, Ativan is a pretty strong benzo.

Not true psychedelic effects, sid3. But many people report having some strange effects from lorazepam. Even I recently made a post about this. It felt so much different than other benzos. Not true hallucinations, but something was there. A small red dot kept shooting across the room. I was very confused.

i've heard of people getting strange hallucinogen-like effects from ativan. never expierenced them myself though. just feels like a straight benzo, and a good one IMO. sublingual for the win, oral if you are unwilling to keep your mouth closed for a bit.

most people on bluelight have no idea what the intranasal bioavailablity of lorazepam is, but they are correct in saying it is best not snorted.

doing excessive amounts of lorazepam can lead to extreme times one may not have control over nor remember. said with experience

Last edited:
I know a girl who gets the weird affects off of ativan, to me it's just another generic benzo. And for the six trillionth time snorting benzos is pointless.

ativan works for anxiety etc. its great for alcohol withdrawals as well.

with that said, when I first started taking ativan for anxiety at 1mg, doubling the dose made me see floaters in the corners of my eyes. its hard to explain but there is a "trippiness" to it and ataxia is more pronounced than with other benzos such as xanax

so i ate 7 1mg pills and just feel great. Like no visuals or anything but i mean if you take enough you can get a nice effect

There is one thing i can say about people that have psychedelic experiences on ativan. At around 8MG dosages and weed and other fun stuff i def heard auditory noices like songs that weren't being playing from anyway..... anyone know or hve experience with this?

Last edited:
Im scripted Ativan (2mg a day) and this shit is awsome. IMO xanax is the most powerful benzo, but this shit is still good. my highest dose was 14mg and i think it was awsome lol

Your barking up the wrong tree if your looking for psychedelic effects from this particular drug. You could possible take a large enough dose to become completely detached from reality, but that can be done with ANYTHING. I'll add also, seconding what others have said, benzos are best enjoyed sublingually. I don't have science to back this up, but I don't believe that lorazepam is water soluble, and for this reason won't be readily absorbed by the mucous membranes in your sinuses.

Swallow it, or put it under your tongue man.

Kunmo: Sick avatar by the way, Disraeli Gears is probably my favorite work of Cream!

Actually, recently i have found snorting it gives me a "rush", but ends quickly, but im going back to sublingual becuase its to much of a hassle to snort

Actually, recently i have found snorting it gives me a "rush", but ends quickly, but im going back to sublingual becuase its to much of a hassle to snort

That's cool man, if it works for you. It's possible that it's just placebo though, the rush you're experiencing. In all honesty I'd say that benzos don't really have a rush period, and I've had them in a drip.

Could be, but i still got buzzed, but probably not as much as if i had taken them under the tongue

Im scripted Ativan (2mg a day) and this shit is awsome. IMO xanax is the most powerful benzo, but this shit is still good. my highest dose was 14mg and i think it was awsome lol

xanax is not the strongest benzo. Ever try triazolam? It is about 4x as potent as alprazolam mg per mg.

Status
Not open for further replies.