(answered) i got 50 posts but im still green ?

Why are you in such a massive hurry to post 50 posts?

Why are you in such a massive hurry to post 50 posts?

PMs possibly? I found it quite annoying being unable to send/receive these in the beginning.
As the person is now a Bluelighter I think this should be locked.

I dont know why so many people seem to think that the flashing thing at the top is just there for fun :|

i, again, propose that we increase the number of posts required to make bluelighter to 100 posts for greenlighters who start a thread in here asking "why am i not a bluelighter yet?"

what say you?

alasdair

i, again, propose that we increase the number of posts required to make bluelighter to 100 posts for greenlighters who start a thread in here asking "why am i not a bluelighter yet?"

what say you?

alasdair

I 200% agree.

I think 50 is still good. People here for shady reasons tend to show up within 50 posts. If they are clever enough to get to 50 without outing themselves, they are clever enough to make it to 100. Some may grow tired by 100, but waiting to 100 for fuller participation could also cause some exhaustion and giving up for people who would be very good members. PMs are a part of the richness of my BL experience.

What extra benefit would come for greenlighters or the community at large by a further increase?

Congrats korei. I viewed you eagerly awaiting this moment your whole day. Rumor has it it goes to "Godlighter" after a billion posts.

PMs possibly? I found it quite annoying being unable to send/receive these in the beginning.
As the person is now a Bluelighter I think this should be locked.

That hurdle is there for a reason, as others have pointed out.

As to locking this....on one hand I would say no, because the question is raised more frequently than you might think and perhaps someone would actually see this and realize it applies to them as well; but on the other hand, if people can't be arsed to see the Big Blinky Thingy why should we think they'd UTSE or see this thread....they'll simply make their own again :| So, in conclusion, I'm going to sit on my hands. Both of them.

Temptation

Do you think it possible that some people post meaningless messages just to become blue people or to increase their total in a competitive frame of mind?

Well, of course! For some reason, peoplw feel it is SO important to get to the BL status. Other than for sourcing, which isn't permitted anyway, i can't see a reason why someone would be in such a hurry to become "blue"!?! It's not like they KNOW anyone yet, to PM!? But yes, I've noticed many GL'ers posting many seemingly "meaningless' posts, most likely to boos their post count.

Quality, not quantity, in MY opinion is what matters.

THE WHOLE "WHY CAN'T I SEND PM'S YET"? thing is sooooo damn obvious! I mean, really...ANY online community I'm a part of, I wouldn't even DREAM of sending or expect to receive a PM from ANyone for quite a while...as I don't KNOW anyone yet! DUH! It's just sooo damn obvious what these people are up to. Geez!

I'm not a mod and it annoys me....I can only IMAGINE how annoying it would be for a mod! Probably get 7 billion PM's a day asking, "WHY can't I PM total strangers yet?", and "Why do I have to post 50 times before I CAN PM total strangers?" I think each time a GL'er asks that, or a similarly worded question, they should be penalized 25 posts til BL status. Yep, that'll fix em. ;0)

Suggestion: some mods put a link to this post in their sig. Give it a title that will make them click on it. Bait em. Hehehe.

Btw, land mark post, 619 = my area code. Throw it up! Haha

Last edited:
I've seen many instances of even people that have been around here for a looong time (sometimes even years) and have many posts (sometimes even in the thousands) that post garbage. It's not fair to judge someone based on a few posts though, because you don't know about their past contributions to the board.

But yea some people just like having a huge number next to their name. That's something you see in many online forums.