• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

So what exactly is a "brain zap"?

Bsiren

Bluelight Crew
I hear the term all the time, but I'm not sure what they feel like. It seems to me like a "brain zap" could really be any odd feeling in your head....no one seems to explain in detail what it's like, but the term gets used a lot...

I rolled on Saturday, and I feel like every now and then my brain has little "yawns" or pauses in activity- I'm not that worried actually, it occurred after rolling this last time, I just assume it's related. Would this be a "brain zap"?

i get a brain zap, or what i think they are, when i don't have my antidepressants which are Efexor. When i go into withdrawal from those from missing a dose for a few days, a weird wave of what is literally a zap type feeling goes through my head.

Its awful and can be very debilitating as every time you do anything except sit still *and even then* they hit you again and again. Its usually accompanied by tingly fingers. Well that's my experience anyway. It might be different for others.

They feel as if you have had a electrical shock in the brain - once you have one you will know as they are pretty scary. Some people report that their entire head 'zaps' and they have an almost ringing/buzzing sound in their ears.

Brain Zaps are not just by using MDMA and if you google it theres tonnes of information on the subject.

I get them from time to time. After it occurs I always feel like I'm going to pass out. Happens quick but it isn't very pleasant and throws my mind off things a little.

I get kind of like a shiver thru my neck and brain...a bad shock like shiver.....it happens at such odd times and varies from alot to a little i think every person is very different when it comes to that..but i'd explain the feeling as a short shock like shiver........ so glad im not going thru thAT ANy more

They feel as if you have had a electrical shock in the brain - once you have one you will know as they are pretty scary. Some people report that their entire head 'zaps' and they have an almost ringing/buzzing sound in their ears.

Brain Zaps are not just by using MDMA and if you google it theres tonnes of information on the subject.

I believe I had one once- I was trying to sleep and it felt like my brain was almost vibrating in my skull, and yes- scary. =( I guess the only comfort in experience a "zap" is knowing that it's not uncommon. Does anyone know whats actually going on physically during a "zap"?

I get these from time to time, some are worse than others. A severe one i had the other night i was asleep all of a sudden out of nowhere it seemed like an electric shock running through my brain i jumped up out of bed sweating i could feel my pulse thumping throug my body. I thought this is it! Surley these can be dangerous does anyone know?

I must add you will get these from the long term abuse from any stimulant drug, MDMA, Mephedrone, Speed etc

The thing is, I've had these before using MDMA (or at least I think they're brain zaps? all the symptoms seem to dictate so). It's just like for a few seconds, my brain shuts down, and the upper region of the back of my head feels like I'm getting shocked. There's also a weird shivering that occurs.