• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

2c-b-ind

Phener

Bluelighter
I know this has been touched upon in other threads (can't find them - so long ago) but suddenly reappeared in my sights (not actually appeared as in just looked on wiki)

Ok it's weaker than 2C-B BUT that could actually be a beneficial thing. 2c-b was definately one of my favorites. The 5ht-2c part could be problematic but still one could hope it would be minimal.

Shame that these recent imports tend to the MASS market (mephedrone, MDMA-esqe drugs), could really do with some legal psycadelics.

2CB-Ind
2CB-Ind is a conformationally-restricted derivative of the phenethylamine hallucinogen 2C-B, discovered in 2006 by a team at Purdue University. It acts as a moderately potent and selective agonist for the 5-HT2A and 5-HT2C receptors, but unlike the corresponding benzocyclobutene derivative TCB-2 which is considerably more potent than the parent compound 2C-B, 2CB-Ind is several times weaker, with racemic 2CB-Ind having a Ki of 47nM at the human 5-HT2A receptor, only slightly more potent than the mescaline analogue (R)-jimscaline.

Jimscaline
Jimscaline (C-(4,5,6-trimethoxyindan-1-yl)methanamine) is a conformationally-restricted derivative of the cactus-derived hallucinogen mescaline, which was discovered in 2006 by a team at Purdue University led by David E. Nichols. It acts as a potent agonist for the 5-HT2A and 5-HT2C receptors with the more active (R)-enantiomer having a Ki of 69 nM at the human 5-HT2A receptor, and around three times the potency of mescaline in drug-substitution experiments in animals. This discovery that the side chain of the phenethylamine hallucinogens could be constrained to give chiral ligands with increased activity then led to the later development of the super-potent benzocyclobutene derivative TCB-2.

linked discussion thread:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=476178&highlight=jimscaline