• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc 1 dose of Lyrica messed me up, help!

Volcano

Bluelighter
I got Rx'd 1x75mg Lyrica last week for neuralgic pain. I finally got my insurance back so I'm now able to get these name-brand new medications.

I took my first one last night along with Rx'd 1mg Klonopin and Rx'd 1mg Xanax. I also took a multivitamin as I am on Alli (weight loss) and a 3mg Melatonin.

Everything in that above list I take every night, except the Lyrica. The below symptoms NEVER happened to me before the Lyrica:

- I slept through the night (7 1/2 hours) -- this never happens. I usually have to pee at least twice.

- I woke up "drunk"/groggy as shit. A hot shower did nothing. I was in a grumpy, disagreeable mood and called in sick to work.

- Went back to sleep from 8:30AM-12PM so I got a total of about 11 hours of sleep in a 12 hour timeframe. THIS NEVER HAPPENS.

I took the Lyrica at around 9:45PM and went to bed around midnight. I wasn't "high" or "euphoric" or what anyone says in the Lyrica megathread. I'm taking it as Rx'd, not to get high.

What the hell happened to me?

Sometimes lyrica can do that at lower doses, especially if taken with xanax or other benzos. However, tolerance to lyrica grows quickly, so you probably don't have to worry about it happening after a couple days or so. Use caution with what you're doing til your tolerance starts to build!

Yea that's lyrica. When I take it, it makes me sleep through the night, not such a bad thing and when I wake up I have major balance issues. But not really groggy.

I got Rx'd 1x75mg Lyrica last week for neuralgic pain. I finally got my insurance back so I'm now able to get these name-brand new medications.

I took my first one last night along with Rx'd 1mg Klonopin and Rx'd 1mg Xanax. I also took a multivitamin as I am on Alli (weight loss) and a 3mg Melatonin.

Everything in that above list I take every night, except the Lyrica. The below symptoms NEVER happened to me before the Lyrica:

- I slept through the night (7 1/2 hours) -- this never happens. I usually have to pee at least twice.

- I woke up "drunk"/groggy as shit. A hot shower did nothing. I was in a grumpy, disagreeable mood and called in sick to work.

- Went back to sleep from 8:30AM-12PM so I got a total of about 11 hours of sleep in a 12 hour timeframe. THIS NEVER HAPPENS.

I took the Lyrica at around 9:45PM and went to bed around midnight. I wasn't "high" or "euphoric" or what anyone says in the Lyrica megathread. I'm taking it as Rx'd, not to get high.

What the hell happened to me?

This sounds a lot like what happens when I take a larger than normal dose of melatonin. For me, taking around half a tablet (1.5mg) is more than enough. If I take an entire 3 mg tablet then I am usually quite groggy if I wake up in the middle of the night, and am also quite sleepy the next day for a while after I wake up. This may not be the case for you, but it sounds like maybe the lyrica and melatonin had some type of reaction with each other? Or maybe the lyrica just gave you those symptoms. I'm not sure - I haven't read any of the posts in this thread yet but that would be my take on it.

i was under the impression that it will potentate benzos & opiates....

It certainly does. Actually its effects with opiates can be quite bizarre. I had hallucinations with lyrica and oxy. Lamps were turning into trees, and the like.

that is the lyrica talking,

i just want to point out that you said you took it at night, and you woke up drunk like from it..

well when you sleep your consciousness is at a loss, and well, any effects will be far greater when you first wake up, hell when i take a antihistamine , i wake up to urinate, i'm very dizzy and my nervous system feels bad (from damage, and from the med).. it's that difference in
consciousness that is a world apart. that being said, lyrica will do this to you for the first few days awake or not, but certainly much, much more pronounced in that state of being.

good luck with the pain, I hope it's not too great

-Pain :|

Last edited:
That is exactly what lyrica does when you have never taken it before, they should have told you it was likely to happen for the first week. This side effect will subside and go away after about a week.

My step dad is on it and started at 75mg and went up to 225mg over a few weeks, first week he was a zombie and took a few days off work, after a month he is mostly pain free and sleeps exactly the same as before he went on it.

Also when mixing benzos with it it is not like their effects added up, it is like them multiplied as they potentiate each other.

yeah thats quite the cocktail , take care with this combination, use only as directed goes without saying