• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Prescribed Adderall; Doctor took it away

BriellesMomma09

Greenlighter
Ive been prescribed Adderall ir and xr for 4 years until last week when my doctor said she received emails from someone telling them I abuse it. Not to mention this was the second time someone made it important to tell my doctor i was misusing my medication. However she ordered me to take a serum drug testing for 314.01 which is amphetamines the lab i went to did not have the blood test for that so the guy at the lab called my doctor and asked if i was able to take a 10 panel drug test by unrine and she said it was fine. I advised the guy from the lab that there potentially could be marijauana in my system from earliar on in the month.i told him to call my doctor and let her know so there would be no surprises. However my doctor said that the reason for giving me the test was to make sure that i had amphetamines in my system. and there was and there was also the weed i smoked in there too when she got the results back today. she had her secretary call me to tell me that she could not prescribe it to e any more but when she began giving it to me four years ago i informed her of my marijuana use when i could not sleep. so the question i have here is can she discontinue my script because i had marijuana in my system?

You're asking if she can? Of course she can. Especially with "illegal" drugs in your system.

As stupid as it is for marijuana to be illegal, it is, and many doctors see its use as drug abuse and will not prescribe any controlled substances to you because of it. This is common practice.

She's your doctor.
She can take any perscription away from you.

The thing is, that doctor isn't your father. He has no right to just drug test you and shit because he received and email. who who email your doctor anywho? what a doucher

It sucks but you gotta look at it from her point of view your a liability to her if you get caught by the police abusing/selling your pills, your doctor gets some heat for it. Although when a similar incident happened with my adderal the doctor said even though I was abusing them they had a duty to treat my symptoms, After working my way from Modonafil, to concerta, to Ritilin IR, to Adderal XR, to Adderall IR, Dexedrine XR, and now Dexedrine IR (over the course of 2 years)now a year later I have the doctor giving me 20 mg of Dexedrine a day. Tell her you can't cope without treatment and suggest a less abusable drug such as Vyvanse, Nuvigil, Phentermine or if your lucky Concerta.

I have Narcolepsy but chances are you were getting them for ADHD at the very worst you could still have her give you Strattera or Wellbutrin.

If the doc still wants to be a dick just order some MDPV or Ethcathinone(can't vouch for it never tried it) but stimulants are one of the easiest things to get doc or not. (just don't go buy meth or coke thinking it will help)

Another option is always Selegiline (L-Deprenyl) taken with Phenethylamine. (again can't vouch cus I havn't tried it)

Who was the person that called the doctor? Because if It was a parent it'll be a lot harder.

Last edited:
I know of people who has their freinds call there doctor on them alledging they were sellin gthe schedyle 2 pain meds and got them cut off,cold turkey after the second call,,after the quack doctor who was running a pill pill..he was known in a 100 mile radius to opiate users for giving out large amounts of hydromorphone(dilaudid) he gave the people in know 240 each,each month,,and then put them on Oxycontin 40mh (original brand name ones) and he gave out percocets, and methadone also.The person that called him was a "friend of the people she got cut off" and was jealous that they got 240 k4's each a month while she had been going to him longer and was getting 150 or 180 k4's per month and sold them for $cheap each...anyway they got back with the doctor after a few urgent phone calls etc.. but not after the woman had sold them and me some of her k4's and made cash,,she was mad becasue they had in the past been buying there opiates from her spending a lot of money as had I,,and when they went to that doctor they had the opiates in much larger amounts than her an dsold them for half of what she did(to me and friends) and the had me sell some for full price in eschange for my own supply at cheaper than usual which was really cheap an dplus fronted them to me and gave me extra pillls for free for seeling the pills for them...goes to show you do not let anyone know who your doctor is outside of your family unless you do not trust them,or a jealous person or someone who wants to have some power over you mat call your doctor and report you abusing meds or selling them..this really scaresa doctor especially with schedule 2 drugs and opiates schedule 2 and 3...schedule 2 and 3 drugs and also shedule 4 but mainly schedule 2 and 3 make up 50% of an average family doctors income,,patients obtaining these drugs legitimately do rather,and if they lose there right to prescrob eschedule 2 and 3 drugs as one doctor told me they lose approx.. 50% of their income from patients who are prescribed those drugs..

*mod edit* - no prices outside of the 2010 price thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Davis.....punctuation marks are a FABULOUS thing! Christ, my eyes are bleeding after trying to read your post.

LOL

:0)

why play such silly games with your doctor? some 3rd party is emailing your doctor about how you use your prescription drug? there are such weird posts on bluelight.

This is the reason you NEVER let anyone know your doctor....it's like a junkies number 1 rule around here. Not only do you gotta worry about this shit, but you gotta worry about people you told flooding that doctor for pills.

your doctor can quit prescribing you adderall for pretty much any reason she wants. if someone indicated to her that you were abusing drugs, a positive drug screen for any other illegal substance would corroborate that information. she could face all kinds of liability if you then harmed yourself or others under the influence of drugs she prescribed you or a combination of those drugs + other substances, after she had evidence that you were potentially abusing them. i'd either try to talk to her about it and explain that's not the case- offer to take random drug tests or whatever- or go see another doctor.

So here's the burning question: Have you been abusing your meds? If so, well....maybe it's for the best.

Perhaps from the test she was able to tell you had too much in your system or something, thus proving abuse. Not sure where you go from here brother. :(

^if the lab did the serum levels, they'd get a good idea of dose but the 10 panels just confirm presence.

Doctors can cut you off for any reason, you abused your drugs so they *did* have a reason... I'm not sure there is much else to discuss. I'll leave this open to see if we get any discussion but for future reference, this is more so blog material

No one except my mom and my husband knows where I get my meds from. I might tell someone the city of my doctor or the hospital they are affiliated with, but that's about it. That's not info anyone needs to know about me.

I'd say find a new doctor. Say that your insurance doesn't cover him anymore or something like that. Bring in all your bottles and prescription records and I'm sure you'll find a doctor who will script you these same meds at the same dosages. Then keep that shit private, no matter what and no matter how close you feel you are to someone. It's not something anyone outside your immediate family needs to know about you. Hell, even your immediate family doesn't need to know.

The doctor can do whatever they want meaning they can stop scripting you drugs. It was their choice to start you and its their choice to end it. There is nothing you can really do but to find a new doc which really is never that hard. I never had a problem and I usually am on at least one schedule 2 drug.

My doc would suspend my ritilan prescriptions if she discovered that ocasionally I take even benzos.

Well of course she can because she is the one "allowing" you to be on the meds. Also by having marijuana in you system tells her that you already use "substances" for recreational use. At least if you have sleeping problems you won't any more =/

then keep that shit private, no matter what and no matter how close you feel you are to someone. It's not something anyone outside your immediate family needs to know about you. Hell, even your immediate family doesn't need to know.

qft

My docror took my addys away from me last mouth. Did a pee drug test on all his patients that he gives pain meds and addys to. Something new he started i was told while handing a cup to by the nurse. I had no idea i had to take my addy every single day twice a day. I been taking it for almost 2 years now Sometimes i feel im not getting the full benfit from it and i would get off of it for 5 or so days. Never no more then 7 days. I have only done that 3 times in the 2 years of taking it. Anyway, It was not in my system at the time of drug testing. he said if i can go 72 hours without it then i dont need it. He act like i was a drug dealer. I do understand he has to be carefull. but, Have anyone heard of that reason it was taken away from someone ?

Welcome to BL!

It is common for doctors who drug test to test for levels of the drug in the patient to make sure they are using the medication at prescribed dosages and not diverting it.

Although this is more commonly done in pain management, some doctors choose to do it with other controlled substances. I personally think that this method is unsuitable for stimulants, but the bottom line is that it is your doctor's prerogative.