• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids question about walking in to my pain managment

Status
Not open for further replies.

haljordan2828

Greenlighter
I have been scheduled to see my pain mgt Dr once every 28 days for the past 12 months. This month however my dr is going to be out of the office for a week and they scheduled my apointment for 35 days instead of 28. Can I just walk in on my normal 28th day and say my appointment is next week but my script is due to be filled today? It is always filled once every 28 days. Thanks in advance.

Don't just walk in on the 28th day to fill your script, especially if your doctor isn't going to be there on the 28th day. You have a lot of options if you take care of this right away. If possible, talk directly to your doctor as soon as possible. Like, first thing tomorrow morning. See if the doctor will give you a dated script. I've been through a similar situation twice about 6 years ago. One time my doctor was away for a month and in the interim I saw a colleague of his, the other he just gave me a dated script that I could fill no earlier than the specified date

I'm assuming you go to the office to pick up the script because it is a triplicate? If your doctor renews your script for you once every 28 days than it is absolutely fine to pick it up on the 28th day (even though your appointment is for the following week). You should call your doctor's office and explain that to them and let them them know that you will need to come in and pick it up to make sure that it is ready when you arrive. The doctor that is covering for your doctor should have no problem writing it out for you considering that you have been getting it for a year and that you are not trying to get it filled earlier then any other time before. Also....if your doctor hasn't left yet you can also have him/her write out the triplicate and post-date the fill date so you can have it filled on the 28th day you will be needing it.

these questions aren't allowed in OD, we're here to discuss drugs, not doctors appointments.

edit - whoops, i see you're new. please check out the rules and posting standards links in my signature so you know how the place operates. there's also the Pain Management Mega Thread for any other PM questions.

pm me if you have any questions:)

Status
Not open for further replies.