• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Can one time use of dxm cause permanent damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trical

Greenlighter
I'm not inexperienced with drugs by any means and the day after I trip or do drugs I expect to feel a little off and by the 2nd day I feel normal but it has now been 3 days since I chugged only 1 bottle of robitussin and my brain still feels a little stunned. The only thing I can compare it to is when your exhausted after a long day and your mind just isn't as sharp ad normal. But I feel worse than the aftereffects of mdma. Is this normal and should I be worried?

You ought to lurk more. SRS. You sound intelligent.
Why not introduce yourself in the introductions thread? http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=143 Just say hi and a shout for your place.

No, one time use of robotussin cannot cause permenent damage.
Your mental condition and physical well being will be ok in about 5 days.
DXM is not a safe drug. Many a people find that it is cool or good to experience because its the only drug they can score. Robotussin is for the birds.

^What beagleboy said.

Its useful in small amounts as a potentiator for several other drugs, but as a recreational drug on its own....no great shakes.

If you took a high enough dose or mixed it with certain drugs like anti-depressants, tramadol or meperidine/pethidine then yes it could cause permanent damage with just one use. However what you are describing sounds like the typical DXM hangover. It can last a few days for me where im just not feeling right. Not as bad as a alcohol hangover but it still sucks none the less.

Drink plenty of fluids, try and eat healthy and avoid taking any rec drugs for awile. Your brain will return back to it's normal state soon enough.

Agreed. Though beware if one were to take extracted DXM. As if somebody creates a product that is not pure, some of the ingredients used can cause brain damage, birth defects etc.

Sigh* noobs.. your gonna be fine, ever trip lsd? Bet you didnt feel @ baseline the next day.. its called a hang over and can last for several days usually no more than 2-3 if your not a habitual dxm user, i however, am.... And personaly i find the hangover amusing as well... I never really expierence a duration of time in which i feel bad... just loopy lol Try taking a a benzo towards the end of the trip to induce sleep... this usually helps with the "hang over" effects

This seems to have been answered sufficiently. Try Basic Drug Discussion for these types of questions next time.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.