Drug/Bluelight specific acronyms/abbreviations/terminology guide?

Ben So Furry

Bluelighter
Hi all,

Suggested in PD that maybe a guide to all the abbreviations and acronyms that are specific to Bluelight or certain drugs would be a good idea?

In the Greenlighter guide there is a general abbreviation guide, things such as LOL, WTF? etc. but for someone who is new to these forums or some of the terminology used it can be slightly confusing.

Things such as OEV's, CEV's and IV'd etc. these things may seem completely obvious to the initiated but to new users (myself included) or people unfamiliar with the 'scene' or specific drug it can become confusing and sometimes breaks the flow of a thread or creates uncertainty for the information trying to be extracted. Which can sometimes make a thread feel like a closed door or a very special and selective group for the un-initiated.

If something like this does exist my apologies for bringing this up and could someone please point me in the right direction if it does?

Many thanks.

BSF

(^^that's Ben So Furry btw, oops, lol, srsly, wtf? )

As you noted - we have the basics covered in our FAQ (linked for those who haven't found it yet.

As to adding some more BL relevant terms...
RFD: A Guide To Bluelight Acronyms v2009
and
Abbreviation thread?

which leaves us in a good spot to do what you're suggesting ;) If we can just get a good compendium built ... Care to contribute what you think ought be included (with definition)? And perhaps others can contribute as well, then we'll get them all pulled together and pushed out there! :D

Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction, it can be a little daunting at first finding the information I need, so thanks again for your patience with a noobie, and I'll do my best to contribute when and where I feel necessary and appropriate.

I guess when I get up to date with the latest slang some of these threads are going to take on a completely new meaning!

Thanks again!

Check out OD Forum Standards (the link is in my signature); the 3rd post is a list of abbreviations that are common to Bluelight, more specifically, Other Drugs (aka OD).

I think APAP needs to be added as that one took some getting used to im sure most casual readers are like wtf?