(answered) subscriptions ???

hobhead

Bluelighter
This is probably about operator malfunction - something dumb that I have set up or do .
When I view a thread somehow or another it becomes a subscription that is set for instant notification.
I have looked about in my control panel and see no way that I can have set this in motion nor a way to halt it.

Sorrowfully computers are 'magic toasters' as far as my savvy goes .

I would appreciate some direction if it was forthcoming .

regards,
H

In user CP choose edit options, second category is 'Default Thread Subscription Mode' I think you want to pull down the choices there and put it on 'Do not subscribe'

EoTorv.
Many thanks as it would have been eons before I would have thought to go to 'edit options'.

Subscriptions are a pain. Before i had like 20 email notifications of threads because accidently suscribed to all threads posted before..

lol

I find automatic subscriptions helpful but I choose the 'no email notification' option. Some way to active threads that are of a bantor nature I just manually kill the subscription.

^Thats what I do too, I got rid of my email notification but I like having the subscribed threads

Go to userCP, on the left choose 'edit options' there is a pulldown menu in 'Messaging & Notification' in the subcategory 'Default Thread Subscription Mode' I'd choose 'no email notification to just get notification by clicking userCP in the future. But however you want it that is where you choose it.

Need answer please help

is there a way to automatically go to whatever thread u posted instead of searching for it and also is there a way to automatically go to threads where u have answered other peoples questions to see if anyone wrote u back? i cant remember all the different threads i went to and questions i answered. im new here and was just wondering> thanx so much :)

not automatically (as far as i'm aware) but you can subscribe to threads by pressing the thread tools button above the original post, and if you click your username just beneath the log in button and go to your statistics you can see threads that you 've recently posted in. :D
happy posting

As a matter of fact, yes, there is a way to look at all of the posts you have ever made. First, click on your name where it says "welcome, YOUR NAME" in the top. Then in the mini statistics window on the upper-right hand corner (below your name) click the "show all statistics" link. This should open up a window near the middle of the page with a link that says "find all posts by YOUR NAME".

Simple enough, right? I hope this answers your question.

Homeless ---> Support

There is a way to set "subscriptions" so that any thread you post in or start will automatically be added to your subscriptions list. Go into "User CP" (in the bar at the top of every screen) then you'll have a list of options on the left side of your screen. There you will have some "edit" options, in one of those you will find "automatically subscribe to threads" You may want to change the email notifications so your email doesnt get flooded.

I've also merged this with another similar thread.

Last edited:
If you do use email subscriptions, please make sure you use a valid email address. In the near future we may start clearing all subscriptions from bouncing email addresses.