• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Is it possible that MDMA improved my appreciation for music??

boltfan909

Bluelighter
Hey guys, I was doing some thinking and I honestly think after just 2.5 pills of MDMA (1.5 one night and 1 the 2nd night, was in Vegas and knew I wouldn't be rolling for a long ass which is why I went two nights ina row) I think my appreciation for music has been increased! I am not sure if this is a placebo type of affect or if it really has happened?

Before I had popped E I reallllllly didn't like Techno/House/Drum n Base etc etc. I thought it was rather annoying in fact. I was never really INTO music, I would listen to my Sublime, Bob Marley with a mixture of some Thrice/Pennywise/Rise against and the semi rare 2-Pac/Eminem etc. However none of the music (other than maybe some Bob while blazing) meant shit to me. It was just background noise, something to break silence. Now that I have rolled I can actually sit on my laptop with my bad boy headphones cranked up and listen to Tiesto/Deadmau5 etc and REALLY enjoy it! The beats and different instruments and noises all seem so much deeper and more enjoyable now. It's almost like I can't help but want to dance and move my head when listening!

Now keep in mind for my first roll I was not at a Rave or any place that had this type of music! I was at a regular nightclub/lounge then ended up back at my hotel room listening to random music. We did listen to Tiesto (in my buddies car) on the way out to Vegas, but I hadn't rolled yet.

So anyway I just was curious if anyone else has experienced, or heard of anything like this? Thanks in advance!

-Boltfan

The short answer is fuck yeah, MDMA can increase your appreciate for music.

Highly recommend you start listening to BassNectar.

=

yep!

=

yep!

You guys are making me feel like it was a retarded ass question lol! I mean, I DEFINITELY knew that while on MDMA you will appreciate music more, however the fact that its been nearly 2 weeks and my appreciation seems to be growing even fonder is interesting to me!

you've unlocked a massive appreciation of music. start going to some proper trance, etc music events... if you really start to love the music it will be the best time of your life. the atmosphere is amazing. i can recommend a fuck load of tunes that you will love

you've unlocked a massive appreciation of music. start going to some proper trance, etc music events... if you really start to love the music it will be the best time of your life. the atmosphere is amazing. i can recommend a fuck load of tunes that you will love

I am game...

I used to listen to only metal bands, mostly deathcore and some grindcore and some electronic music. After doing mdma I really started like acoustic music, and I still love acoustic music.

I used to listen to only metal bands, mostly deathcore and some grindcore and some electronic music. After doing mdma I really started like acoustic music, and I still love acoustic music.

Yea I hear ya. I have always LIKED acoustics but I definitely never APPRECIATED it like I do now. It's almost like my brain cause absorb EVERY LITTLE sound and instrument. I used to just hear music all at once before...Thats the best for for me to put it..

same shit for me, i was always really annoyed by techno/house music. but after i rolled, i cant roll to nothing else, i guess i understand it now i guess. but mdma can make you apperciate anything! not just music.

Just be careful not to wreck your ears with the headphones baby.

without a doubt, i have an amazing appreciation for music after rolling, listening to your favorite songs of all time while you are rolling will make you cherish them so much more, a while back I played one of my favorite childhood songs, Tevin Campbell-Stand Out, from a goofy movie =D, and holy crap it was one of the most amazing songs ever, I highly recommend playing some of your favorites, even if they are from disney movies lol<3:)=D

yes, mdma definitely has a semi-lasting effect on music appreciation (particularly on kickdrums :D).
when i take mdma (about once a year) it reminds me why i listen almost exclusively to electronic music the whole year :)

but lsd has a much greater, more profound and longer lasting effect on music appreciation than mdma for me. since i've done acid i can feel the sounds as shapes in my head (and body), that remind me of specific colours, when i concentrate on the music.

Well, first I started listening to EDM a bit (I used to be a giant metalhead/grindcore/etc) and then I decided to roll. Now I listen to EDM all the time ^_^ On occasion I'll listen to grindcore still but usually it's just way to angry D: I want happy music. Lovey music.

wen i was 12 i discovered pot got a whole new appreciation for music, then discovered mdma and again a whole NOTHER level of appreciation. so i'd say its possible.

Good lookin on that Bassnectar fellas! I smoked some budz a bit ago, got my headphones on and am fucking diggin' this shit!!

Abso-fucking-lutely yes. :D

Let me give you some Dubstep/DNB/House/Trance/etc... that I think you'll enjoy:

Sub Focus
Pendulum
Caspa
Rusko
Flux Pavilion
Doctor P
Swedish House Mafia
Felguk
Dirtyloud
Kaskade
Above & Beyond
Afrojack
Dirty South
Dada Life
Chrispy
Andy C
Dirtyphonics
Armand Van Helden
Wolfgang Gartner
MSTRKRFT
Gareth Emery
Nero
16 Bit Lolitas
Aly & Fila
Sean Tyas
Simon Patterson
Marcus Schossow

If you need anymore, PM me, but that should be a good start. :p

Abso-fucking-lutely yes. :D

Let me give you some Dubstep/DNB/House/Trance/etc... that I think you'll enjoy:

Sub Focus
Pendulum
Caspa
Rusko
Flux Pavilion
Doctor P
Swedish House Mafia
Felguk
Dirtyloud
Kaskade
Above & Beyond
Afrojack
Dirty South
Dada Life
Chrispy
Andy C
Dirtyphonics
Armand Van Helden
Wolfgang Gartner
MSTRKRFT
Gareth Emery
Nero
16 Bit Lolitas
Aly & Fila
Sean Tyas
Simon Patterson
Marcus Schossow

If you need anymore, PM me, but that should be a good start. :p

Noooo shit, thanks for all that man! I will def check each and everyone out!