• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How to tell if H is base or HCL? Safe to IV?

• Thread starter DontWantThisLinked
  • Start date
D

DontWantThisLinked

First of all I'm posting this anonymously as I can't afford to have my account linked with heroin use. Close friends of mine read these forums and would likely disown me should they find out.

Anyway, I'll spare everyone the details but suffice to say access to Heroin is now much easier than it used to be.
The first test buy has given a rock of light brown powder. A quick tolerance test proved 50mg smoked to be fairly weak (although that may be due to the recent oxy binge ;)) and a further 50mg snorted 10 minutes later led to throwing up.

I'm just wondering how to tell if this is the freebase or HCL form?

Also if it is the base form, will it be safe to IV?

If it's base, than you have to add an acid to it, just like crack. I think. I've never seen base form heroin though.

First of all I'm posting this anonymously as I can't afford to have my account linked with heroin use. Close friends of mine read these forums and would likely disown me should they find out.

Anyway, I'll spare everyone the details but suffice to say access to Heroin is now much easier than it used to be.
The first test buy has given a rock of light brown powder. A quick tolerance test proved 50mg smoked to be fairly weak (although that may be due to the recent oxy binge ;)) and a further 50mg snorted 10 minutes later led to throwing up.

I'm just wondering how to tell if this is the freebase or HCL form?

Also if it is the base form, will it be safe to IV?

Hello, this summer I have injected brown heroin or base heroin quite a few times. However my dealer said that a lot of times with this type of heroin, when you cook the dope you need to make sure you add critic acid to help it dissolve. The reason for this he said, is because it's not as pure as white heroin.

With of all that being said, the first few times I injected tan heroin I used the acid.. but after a while I didn't even bother. For the safest route though, I would definitely add critic acid. But that's up to you, I mean I got pretty high either way.

I thought that base wouldn't dissolve unless you used citric acid? I could be wrong though, but I guess if it's having a hard time dissolving, than you know.

You could pretty much tell by your location. Or just ask the dealer.

If it's base you could snort it and smoke it without much problem, but you'd have to add citric, ascorbic, etc., to get maximum solubility when iv'ed.

If it's hcl, you could snort it or iv it without adding anything. You'd burn it if you tried smoking it as is, though.

The hcl form would easily disolve in water,depending on what it is cut with tho, Base heroin or #3 heroin base as it's known has to be mixed with a weak acid such as lemon or lime juice(citric acid) , distilled white(clear like water) vinegar for acetic acid and so on. Like phrozen mentioned in the post above mine a lot has to do with your location, as #3 heroin base is more common in Europe and rareley if ever is seen in the United States or Canada, while even in Australia #3 is most likeley available.If you are in the US,Canada,or mexico,central,or south america it's 99.9% unlikely to be #3 heroin base unless you live near a poppy growing region.