• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids DHC and blood tests.

Bitter and Tainted

Bluelighter
Morning all...:)

I've been for some blood tests this AM as my doctor suspects I may have rheumatiod arthritis.
She did a full blood panel (anaemia, kidneys, cell count) and some other stuff I don't understand.
I have been taking DHC for the joint pain, but also for recreational purposes at about 400mgs.

I did tell her I had been taking some codeine that was left over from a neck infection, so I was wondering if the DHC is going to show up on my blood tests and whether they'll be able to tell i'm not just taking it in theraputic levels.
I'm in the UK if that makes any difference at all..

Thank you.. <3

this one is going to be tough to answer because Dihydrocodeine (DHT) is almost no existent in the US, i'm surprised you even abreviated that, being that is so uncommon in the rest of the world.. but i would say, if they don't send your urine to the lab, then you are ok, but if they do specific tests.. they will know all. they are going to know how much you been taking (ball park) and exactly what that substance is.

I abbreviated it because everyone here knows what it is..:) (and it's DHC ;-)

No urine sent off, just a full blood count... I've had a full blood count before after taking a rediculous amount of cocaine and nothing ever got said so...........i'll stop worrying for now. :)

It's the amount I wondered about really, because obviously nurofen/panafen/ codeine containing products would show up (if they are going to show up at all) and she knows i've tried all of those to get rid of the pain.