• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Cuts for Meth that may be a hazard when smoking it.

MazDan

Bluelight Crew
Im just wondering what sort of things are generally used for cutting meth and if they could be particularly hazardous to ones health (obviously I understand that meth is not good for you to start with)when being smoked or if by ingesting them via smoking could cause them to have unwanted effects such as headaches for example.

Also how to get an idea of what meth is cut with, active or inactive ie visually or when heated etc.

Well MSM is supposed to be fairly bad for your lungs, but I get the impression that that's more of a long term problem than an acute reaction from smoking it once.

I would be more worried about what the cooks fail to remove from the final product of the so called "base" that is around....

^Me too.

I don't have any statistics to fall on but I'd bet my bottom dollar on a lot of the base out there containing solvents like Toluene/Xylene.

Toluene is known to cause Neurological damage as well as cancer, and I'm sure it can't be good for your lungs.

I'd be giving any speed/base/meth a wide birth if it smells like Paint thinners.

^ Drug mentor sent me a pdf that was a study done in Sydney on methamphetamine that included something about purity, I wonder if there is anything in it about common cuts and impurities? I will check it out a little later on and report back. :)

Xylene and other solvents are definitely used in the manafacture methamphetamine hcl, I don't see how it'd be present in true 'base' though.

MSM is probably the most common and you can tell by how it looks; also when you smoke msm you get little wet bubbles around the top of your pipe. If your meth does that it's probably MSM.

There's heaps of other cutters too like ghb but I don't know the effects of smoking them. There's definitely some dodgy shit in some though, one time I smoked some badly cooked stuff and ended up with chemical burns in my lungs and throat. It hurt a fuck load and I couldn't speak for days.

I just had a conversation before with a friend explaining why I'd choose to buy Ice over Speed if I ever wanted to try out amps, and he didn't see the logic in what I was quoting from this thread.
What's the main difference between say snorting and smoking meth? Just a more intense rush?

What's the main difference between say snorting and smoking meth? Just a more intense rush?

Dosage, delivery, onset and duration. For a given tolerance, more is usually consumed with smoking, and first pass metabolism is essentially bypassed (with snorting some will pass through the liver).

Aside from the addiction potential, smoking is likely to increase the degree of neurotoxicity, simply because of the efficiency of delivery and the corresponding DA released, which, when metabolised, produces higher concentrations of reactive oxidative species in the brain (striatum). Alternatively, when insufflating, absorption is somewhat slower, onset is slower and duration longer for a given amount.

I'm thinking I'll just snort it as I'm not too interested in buying a pipe because I could only imagine it encouraging bad habits

Agreed. IMO, there's no such thing as having 'just one pipe.'
One will most likely turn into 2 and snowball from there.

Can vouch for that, once you start smoking snorting just doesn't cut it anymore.

I'd hate to see how much worse IVing is.