• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

"Properly hydrated"

Chugalug

Greenlighter
There's buzz everywhere about how terrible drinking not enough (or too much) water is for you while rolling. So far I haven't seen anything quantitative so I pose the question, what is the right amount of water to drink before a roll? after a roll? during a roll?

I constantly drink water when I take drugs (down a litre before I pass out from alcohol, drink coffee and water in equal portions to keep my stomach calm, drink lots of water when I get the pasties on weed, etc.). Hell, downing a ton of water is even a good way to get rid of burger king induced diarrhea, But I am told constantly that doing this on E could kill me. I get quite thirsty and dry mouthed on MDMA so it's natural that I want to drink water, the question is how much?

I suspect the answer is not so dependent on dose, and more dependent on body weight and the person.

Let's collect some numbers of what has worked for people of particular body weights.

Drink if you're thirsty. If you're dancing a lot, drink a bit more often. Stay hydrated, but don't go overboard. Aka don't be dumb about it.

In all my years of taking ecstacy, I did not need some warning poster to tell me when I'm thirsty. I usually drink enough to not be thirsty.

I think the concern stems from the misconception that being on drugs = being totally out of your mind/ no free will/ impaired judgement/ losing your shit- all the time, on every drug, and applying to everyone.

Obviously this isn't always the case, and think about it like this- it's not the ecstasy that dehydrates you, it's whatever activity you're taking part in (dancing, etc) so, like a couple people have said, drink some water when you're thirsty. That's really all there is to it.

Put it this way I don’t know any cases of somebody being in a home setting and having problems with dehydration or in a rave and suffering from hyponatremia (too much water).

Problems with fluids normally arise when you take it to the extreme - dancing around going crazy/sweating buckets and not drinking enough or sitting around doing nothing and drinking too much.

If your in a home setting drink when you feel thirsty - taking small sips often is easier than trying to drink a full bottle every hour.

If your in a Rave / club then again take small sips of water often - if you can take a break every couple of hours from dancing, go to the chillout area and cool down. Splashing your face with cold water or letting cold water run over the inside of your wrists for 30 seconds is a great way to cool down.

The easiest way to remember is in a home sitting - dont drink more than you would do on a hot day. Those that have died by drinking too much have often consumed a few ltrs in a very short space of time.

▓▓......▓▓
..▓▓......▓▓..................▓▓▓▓
..▓▓......▓▓..............▓▓......▓▓▓▓
..▓▓....▓▓..............▓......▓▓......▓▓
....▓▓....▓............▓....▓▓....▓▓▓....▓▓
......▓▓....▓........▓....▓▓..........▓▓....▓
........▓▓..▓▓....▓▓..▓▓................▓▓
........▓▓......▓▓....▓▓
.......▓......................▓
.....▓.........................▓
....▓......^..........^......▓
....▓............♥.............▓
....▓..........................▓
......▓..........ٮ..........▓
..........▓▓..........▓▓

One regular bottle of water per hour or 2 or so as long as your activities aren't too strenuous.

ive found that amount works best for me as well as a bunch of my friends.
but that doesn't mean dance an hour then chug a bottle of water and keep going.
I find it best to sip water here and there and limit it to an entire bottle every 1.5-2 hrs.