• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

5HTP Usage

Hilights

Greenlighter
I picked myself up some 5htp 100mg pills and plan on pre/post loading with them for this weekend. My question is how much/how often to take them. I've read about people taking them twice a day for 2 days before and then the same for two days after and I've also read that it is metabolized in 2 hours so if you take it any sooner than that before rolling it won't have any effect. Anyone have any personal experience with this and care to chime in? Thanks in advance guys.

It might pay to check out the 5htp FAQ in the directory.

I don't bother with pre-loading, I've had no difference in pre-loading 1 or 2 days out.

I've found it EXTREMELY helpful the morning after MDxx usage though. I take 2 immediately upon waking up, 2 at night, and then I use 2-3 per day for 2-3 days after. Any longer than 5 days and I believe your body becomes dependent on it for seratonin production.

You can always eat turkey as well to restore seratonin, it has tryptophan in it! I always tell my friends to have 5-HTP and a turkey sandwich the day after rolling :)

Turkey does indeed contain l-tryptophan but not in amounts that could make anyone drowsy. Since one of MDMA's metabolites inhibits tryptophan hydroxylase, 5htp is better anyway.

ebola