• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDA dosage question

Feels

Bluelighter
Have a pill of MDA I'm planning on taking very soon, it's purported to be 95mg and I have no reason to doubt that. My question is, should I take half or just all of it? From what I've read, 45-50mg isn't a very high dose at all and I don't want to be disappointed. Then again I don't want to be reckless, of course...

maybe I'm ignorant about dosing/re-dosing and whatnot, but I'm just wondering-- would taking half then taking the other half a bit later if/when the inital effects aren't sufficient produce a lesser experience than if I just took all 95mg's at once? (In the same way that taking a hit of acid and then taking another one a few hours later probably won't give you as strong a trip as if you just took em both at the same time...)

Yeah I'm thinking I'm just gonna swallow it whole. IIRC Erowid does say that 50mg is 'common for sensitive people' but even then it's the lowest possible dose, before 50mg it's just threshold dose.

I am definitely skinny and generally fairly sensitive to a lot of drugs, but still, I don't think half would be worth it. An example: last time I took MDMA I was told to only take half the roll as it was really strong, but I just took it whole, rolled balls, had an amazing time-- definitely didn't feel like it was too much, and taking half definitely would have just been a disappointment.

Haha, yes it is. Good to have two AC albums in the same thread together! Hah. Now we just need a Sung Tongs and a Merriweather Post Pavilion, etc...

That's my favorite AC album by far. And to keep it on topic, Animal Collective are absolutely my favorite band to listen to while rolling. The first time I ever rolled, feels was on! Did You See The Words is such a euphoric way to start a roll...

I'm so excited haha. Fall Be Kind is also awesome to listen to while rolling, as is Merriweather, but Feels is definitely my favorite.

To add to the thread and elaborate on what I said above, I have not personally encountered MDA but really think you should go with taking it all at once. I know the dosage is slightly less with MDA than MDMA, but I think half of 95mg will just leave you wanting more. 95mg isn't an overwhelming dose for MDA, as far as I'm concerned, and so I don't think you need to worry about taking too much... Go for the whole thing and have a great time. I'm jealous!

With MDMA, dosing once and then redosing later will extend the peak and increase some of the intensity (as opposed to acid, where anything after an hour doesn't do a whole lot), but if you start too small (half an MDA pill and then redosing another half later) I'm pretty sure you're going to feel disappointed because it'll never get as intense as you want it to be.

I had a really really nice (but strong) roll with 120 mg of MDA a couple of years ago. Go ahead and take it!!

How do you know that it's MDA did you test yourself? Just curios?

@sj: hah yeah I bet Did you see the words would be perfect whilst rolling. i might find out in a little bit...

@ShAYZoN: nope, didn't test, but source is pretty reliable i think.

and anyway right now i can confirm that this is probably MDA and i will be in for a fun night. :)

a follow-up question: how long should I wait to take some LSD after taking that MDA last night? It'd only be one hit so I really want to make the absolute best of it and not have the experience tainted because of the recent MDA dose.

i took 100mg of mda few mothns ago......floored me all night.....i prefer mda over mdma.

alright, so would 2 1/2 weeks be long enough before taking one of these again? roughly the same dosage. i took a hit of acid a couple days after the MDA, otherwise I haven't taken any psychedelics or serotonin-depleting drugs like MDA or MDMA at all since. figured this didn/t quite warrant its own thread.

You need to keep it a month apart, same as mdma. a month is minimum really, more is better. And I wouldn' say there is no cross tolerance between MDA and MDMA., people who started at 100mgs of mdma and worked themselves out to 200-300 in a single dose are gonna need a little bit more MDA than someone who has never tried either, but MDA is definitely excellent at getting someone rolling balls if they've been having trouble on mdma.

Some cross tolerance I would say, but not a large amount.

Are you sure it is in fact a cross-tolerance and not an entirely different issue, such as lack of serotonin caused by the MDMA or something of that nature?

I'm absolutely in love with MDA. call me a bit crazy, but a pill with MDA (anyone remember sunflowers in 2003???) has probably been one of the best experiences I've had with a pill.

Lucky to have gotten your paws on some.

SO JEALOUS

I get MDA all the time. Never in pills though. I'm having a hard time believing it's this rare.

Nothing like being literally blind for 2 hours cause your eyes are wobbling so bad while your car's seat is turning into a girl and giving you a lapdance and cars driving past are turning into trains.. with sounds and everything. I fuckin love MDA lol. That was a high dose though lol.