• Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film The Human Centipede

Rate this film:

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MistaJeff

Bluelighter
The Human Centipede (First Sequence) is a 2009 horror film starring Dieter Laser, Ashley C. Williams, Ashlynn Yennie, and Akihiro Kitamura, and directed by Tom Six. It tells the story of a crazed doctor who surgically joins three victims together, mouth to anus, to form a 'human centipede'. The film won several awards at horror film festivals but received mixed reviews from critics.

Human-Centipede-poster.jpg

This movie turned out to be more disturbing than I expected. I kind of wish I could unwatch it. It wasn't even scary at all, just gross. Licking infected mouth-ass blood off a floor gross.

Last edited:
so-so imo. was weird cause like at first like when that german dude pulls up to girls in the car was hilarious so i thought cause of that n' the outlandish plot it was going to be a horror/comedy. but after that seemed to be all serious tho the japanese guy provided some comic relief.

worth watching once cause dieter laser (love that name) dude who played the crazy surgeon was awesome in it.

id like to own this poster.

Watched it and enjoyed it, even though the whole movie was one big gimmick. It was disturbing, but once the initial wtf feeling was done, the movie is quite bland. But yes, the guy who plays the doctor makes the film.

The Human Centipede: Full Sequence is the second movie they are making, due for release next year. Not sure where they are going to go with it. Its supposed to be like a companion film to the first or some shit like that.

I read that the second movie is supposed to be even more disgusting. The next centipede is supposed to have 12 people in it. I don't know what else you can do with the idea of sewing people's mouths to other peoples asses. And unless Herr Doktor is Jesus then they need a new one.

NSFW:
Yeah, since the doctor is dead, I wasn;t sure how the experiment is going to carry on further. We have to assume he has colleagues that will be taking over but who knows.

12 people, not sure how I feel about that. I mean, are we going to see the same movie with just 12 people ass to mouth? I'm not sure how far they can make another movie with the same effects on people as the first one did.

I've thought about going to see this. Now that I've read this thread it sounds like I can wait for DVD release.

My question is, do they explain how "100% medically accurate" feeding a chain of people off the feces of the person in front of them is supposed to work?

do they explain how "100% medically accurate" feeding a chain of people off the feces of the person in front of them is supposed to work?

Herr Doktor gives a nice power point presentation on it. The writers had a surgeon help them make it accurate.

Knowing my tolerance for gore there is no way I'm watching this, but at least someone was trying to get original about it.

Knowing my tolerance for gore there is no way I'm watching this, but at least someone was trying to get original about it.

There really isn't much gore in this film at all. The disturbing aspect to it is what gets you.

The most disturbing thing was how shitty the movie was. I read Roger Ebert's review, and it gave me hope that the movie might actually be something new or inspired in the genre. I kept holding out hope that it would redeem it's self at some point... thinking Ol' Ebert knows his shit... any time now the movie is going to be more than some glorified version of what you'd see in a hardcore haunted house attraction... but it never got there. Instead there was a bunch of shitty acting, screaming and anti-climactic BS. Unfortunately, it's got the "Ohh, surgical ass to mouth is DISTURBING" angle down, so I see a whole new Saw-like shitty franchise in the making.

At least the sequels will be easy to produce - "How many ass-to-mouth's this time, Bob?"

wow guys. good thing i come to bl to get movie reccomendations 8)

seriously though... it's new. and interesting medically. they did studies with rat cages, one cage upon another; the rats ate the droppings of the rats above. they did survive, though the lowest rats did get sickly

i just watched sequence (2010), i didn't see the original (can anybody give a comparison? ).

sorta spoiler:

half the movie was intro + them trying to get away, i was just waiting for the surgery because that's what makes the movie... lots of boring time but it got interesting halfway through

the human centipede should have made use of the medical lab they were in. give herr doktor a dose of his own

there was a lot more they could have done with the idea; only a portion of the movie was really creative and existentially "wow"zy

i'm glad not all movies have happy endings. this particular ending was a little short though. they would find her; they could at least have added a crime scene where everybody is like "wtf" and have the middle girl get to a hospital where the doctors are like ".....wtf"

and i thought lexx got crazy!

like my new necklace ? rofl

It got a laugh out of me, so thanks for that. :\

I'm looking forward to being able to DL this movie... just to see it. Still haven't been able to get myself to finish watching SAW VI, it's so shitty. But I've got a sick spot in me that loves seeing new ways of torturing and killing people...

I'm watching this now, the first one. It's susposed to be so sick that I can't help but watch

Edit: Just finished watching it, not a real scary movie, but pretty fucked up.
Edit 2: To the below poster, your welcome, unintentional indeed. If you're looking for gore or horror, this movie isn't it, I think that there were some very intresting psychological concepts that could've been explored deeper, and if you''re thinking about this while watching the movie theres some pretty though provoking stuff

For example, in the second to last, the Japanese guy leading the centipede and the Dr are about to face off in a stabbing duel. The Dr has been previously stabbed in the leg, so he is also crawling and is armed with a scalpel, the Japanese leading centipede is armed with a shard of glass. The Dr realizes the twisted irony of this, while crawing into the room and seems to acknowledge the "challenge" of the fight, saying "an eye for an eye" and making a dileberate pause allowing the centepede to position against him, to be a truer match. However, the japanese man breaks the tension by laughing out loud, he asks the Dr if he is "god" and says that although he may be god, and that himself is a lower form of life than an insect, it is how he "lived", greatly mocking the superiority of god, saying although god may have created him, god cannot live, and therefor just by being a human being he himself is better than god, albeit a pathethic sub-insect being. He then proceeds to make a subtle apology to the girls before slitting his own throat ear to ear with a dull shard of glass. In doing so he not only chooses his own fate, but seals the fate of the two girls as well. He has choosen that although god may create him, god cannot choose when he dies, and shows a final act of supermacy and mockery of god in that god cannot take away his ability to kill himself. He also think it will be better to kill himself, the both physical and metaphorical head of the centepede, in which the body will die, but he believes that it is a better fate for them to ultimately die of the hands of a human, and not a god, who has never "lived" and cannot make such a decision

Last edited:
^^ Thanks for the probably unintentional heads-up that this is available...

(Between Human Centipede, 2001 Maniacs, and Saw VI, I've got a line up of gore/horror movie watching ahead of me. Which beats someone's anus ahead of me...)

Wow - my sickness has been filled. Definitely worth a watch if you like sick and disturbing stuff. I love a movie that doesn't end with a happy all-neat-and-tidy ending. So I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It wasn't very gory at all, which makes me appreciate it more because it still disturbed the fuck out of me. I doubt the second one will be worth a shit (haha!) - I really think the less you know about this movie before seeing it, the more effective it would be.

Tom Six is a sick mother fucker. Original idea you have to give it to him - who thinks of something like this!??

Tom Six is a sick mother fucker. Original idea you have to give it to him - who thinks of something like this!??
i read on wiki
The concept of the film arose from a joke Tom Six made with friends about punishing child molesters by stitching their mouth to the ass of a fat truck driver.[2] When approaching investors prior to filming, Six did not mention the mouth-to-anus aspect of the plot, fearing it would put off potential backers. The financiers of The Human Centipede did not discover the full nature of the film until it was complete.[2]
dude has a twisted mind indeed, kudos to him for puttin in the work and taking that idea and making a movie out of it.

lol @ ebert's review
Roger Ebert did not assign the film a star rating, explaining that "[usually] I am required to award stars to movies I review. This time, I refuse to do it. The star rating system is unsuited to this film. Is the movie good? Is it bad? Does it matter? It is what it is and occupies a world where the stars don't shine."

i have far out ideas and the fact that movies like this are gettin made seriously like i need to get in the movie business and really so many unoriginal talentless hacks out there at least this idea was original like u said jay. /end thinkin out loud

what will they come up with next...