Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Is it time to stop taking MDMA?

sillysnake

Greenlighter
Hi guys,

Here's my friend BAB's story. He discovered pure MDMA crystals and was taking them on average about once every 1-2 months for 2 years.

The first year, he was getting truly amazing experiences, although it would always take about 3 hours for him when he hit the peak. Then the experiences became a little bit 'hit and miss', sometimes good, sometimes he was a bit withdrawn. Although admittedly, he was abusing alcohol with the MDMA, so this would presumably make a difference.

Then for the next year, he was unable to get MDMA crystals anymore. So he started using mephedrone/4-mmc instead with similar regularity, which he also abused with a LOT of alcohol (he didn't like the long coming up and nausea, so he'd foolishly drink through it). he had some decent nights, but only once did he get a euphoric high like he used to with MDMA crystals, and because of the drink, he never really rememberd them. So completely pointless!

Very recently, he managed to get some MDMA crystals again whose quality was questionable, but he had 3 nights out on them over 3 months (with alcohol), and again the experiences were just like when he took the mephodrone. But 2 weeks ago, he acquired some PURE MDMA again, exactly like the stuff he used to get 2 years ago.

He tried this firs time on Saturday night with NO alcohol. He took 4 dabs over a 3-hour period. However, the euphoric and chatty high which he sought lasted just 10minutes, and for the rest of the night, he felt very withdrawn, monged out, wobbly, was very sweaty and had massive pupil dilation, and found it difficult to look at people. It wasn't what he wanted.

He has another big night out on Friday (he normally would NEVER have 2 big nights out so close together), but it just so happens there are 2 events happening in alternate weeks.

The question is this: what caused BABS to be withdrawn and monged out on Saturday night? Bearing in mind, it is potentially a full year since he took pure MDMA crystals.

Is it possible that he took too much before allowing himself to come up, causing him to be 'zombified'? Or is it just simply that his body cannot take MDMA anymore?

Should he be looking to try something else?

BABS is desperate for some advice on the matter!

Doing MDMA in any quick succession is never advised. What you could be describing could be loss of magic, but it could have just been the wrong atmosphere.

It could also be the return of this "hit or miss" you mentioned. It should also be noted that four doses over a three hour period is excessive and more than on redose on MDMA isn't going to do much. I'd suggest taking what seems like a good, strong dose for you up front, and a slightly smaller booster on the peak if you need it to extend effects. That's how I do it, at least =)

What exactly is a dab? Please tell me he wasn't just sticking his finger in the bag and licking it...

very sweaty and had massive pupil dilation

Sounds like it could have been serotonin syndrome. He probably took way too much, especially if he wasn't measuring his dosage properly.

Also, keep in mind that once you lose the magic from MDMA, waiting for a while won't necessarily bring it back. It's probable that he had begun to lose the magic towards the end of his first crystal binge, and it's still gone/damaged.

Tell BABS that I know his friend SWIM, and neither of them are welcome on these forums.

Thanks for the responses guys.

Dayman - yes, a 'dab' does involve dipping finger into a bag and licking. Clealry this is not advised then. Also, it seems that it was a case of taking too much before coming up. Unfortunately, the long come-up tends to cause a bit more to be consumed. I guess patience is the key.

It was a shame, as it wasted a potentially good night.

Let's hope the 'magic' hasn't gone. As I say, there's been some amazing nights previously. Maybe piracetam could be worth a try.

ChronicHD - sorry, I don't know what you mean. Hope I haven't done anything wrong with my posts! :s

With MDMA you need to find your 'sweet spot' taking too little is imho pointless (dabs etc). People have mentioned having a cross tolerance with Meph and that when they started doing MDMA again it didn’t feel the same (It’s like using MDMA too often).

You / your friend needs to have a break! Also if this was in the UK there seems to be a lot of MDEA around that lacks the empathy and has a mongy feeling to it.