• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

~Bill in memorial

mort

Bluelighter
This coming weekend will be 1 year since the tragic weekend when Bill, friend and companion to many of us, lost his life after attending an outdoor party in bushland near Melbourne.
All evidence suggests that he passed away on the evening of Sunday, 17th March 2002 - although he was not discovered until several days later. See this thread for details of what went on at the time.
I would like to ask 2 things of those who knew Bill.
Firstly, please take a moment this weekend to reflect on his passing. And second, please visit http://www.talentedman.com and put something on there - even if it's just a message of respect (although photo's and stories would be really, really appreciated if you have them). I know his parents enjoy hearing what an effect Bill had on people's lives.
Thanks everyone.
[ 13 March 2003: Message edited by: mort ]

Love ya Bill.
Miss you all the time - until I stop and reflect on what a great great life you led.

a year already...seems just like it was yesterday :(

wow... I wasn't part of BL when it happened, but I just spent the last half an hour reading the original thread- the tears are still streaming down my face.
much love to all those who grieved and are still grieving. My heart goes out to you. From what I have read he was a fantastic man.
xx

Bill was without a doubt THE most happy-go-lucky guy I ever met, he had a great capacity to bring a certain craziness to any situation, bush parties have just never been the same without him :(

The DFC are already (semi) in the process of organising a gathering or something this weekend. If you knew bill then you probably knew some of the DFC too, so get in contact with one of them and find out what's planned.
Unfortunatly I'm bogged down with work all weekend, but Bill will definitely be in my thoughts. I can't believe it's been a year without him - he'd be proud to see how far some of his friends have come in that time, and I can only imagine how far he would have come himself...
RIP Bill... miss ya heaps... :(

I never knew bill either – but when I heard about what happened a year ago it really touched me.
On the site http://www.talentedman.com under writings is a eulogy that Bill wrote for his cat Thomas. This piece of writing by Bill really talks to me. I have it saved on my computer and nearly every time I read it, I am reduced to tears.
I hope that Bill and Thomas are having fun together wherever they are…

its been a year already? *pauses for a moments silence* *hugs people*

Gawd, a year already. It's amazing how life goes on but there's never a wrong time to sit and reflect on how great a person was.
Originally posted by anna!:
And I still have his headphones.
I still do, too. hehe. Little reminders :)

I am a tough bitch who never cries but I just read Toms Eulogy and that had me going.
Nothing like a cat story to get the waterworks going.
Reminds me of my cat who I saved from being put to sleep when I was working at the Cat Haven a few years ago.

Wow nearly a year ago. It seems like only yesturday I read that Bill had passed away. Its funny, cause one of the best things I remember about all the parties I went too, was spending one Saturday at Bills house (PeterPoppa's Birthday) and how I think that was one of the best days I had.. and I still remember Bill letting me use his shower and toothbrush. Really silly little things actually but that day was such a fun day and I think I will remember it always. RIP Bill.

It's good to hear everyones wishes. However, I'd like to ask that anyone go and put their comments onto the website http://www.talentedman.com so that his parents and non bluelight friends can see them too.
I'm sure it would be really appreciated.
Also - for those who visited the site before but didn't post anything, it's now much much easier to add stuff to it. So please have another go.

Dammit Bill....
Of all the places you leave your bulberator.
In my cupboard.
God bless that man..........
:)

i didnt know Bill either but my thoughts are out there 4 the ppl that did *hugs*