• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Prevagen and MDMA?

misterpicky

Bluelighter
So I was geting some juice about ten minutes ago, and the radio was on. ONe thing caught my attention immediately. 'Memory loss.'

Well, MDMA does tend you decrease your memory skills, right? It makes you forget a lot of things, gives you brain farts and waht not. And not just MDMA, a shitload of other drugs in pills do that as well. But this new... drug[?], called Prevagen, is used to stop memory loss, for older people, by 50%. So, old people would be their customers, since they're, well, getting old and forgetting things. But what if you used it for MDMA and other drugs found in pills? So you wouldnt forget as much?

'Laboratory research has demonstrated Prevagen has potent cell protecting activity through its ability to bind calcium ions. University studies have shown a reduction in brain cell death of up to 50% when compared to non-Prevagen treated cells.

Prevagen's active ingredient is the calcium-binding protein apoaequorin. Apoaequorin helps maintain calcium ion homeostasis, which helps control the proper balance of calcium ions within the cell. Calcium is important for healthy bones and teeth, but calcium ions play a far greater role in your brain. Calcium ions are responsible for millions of cellular reactions and essential for brain cell health.

Throughout our lives, we lose calcium-binding proteins. The loss of these calcium-binding proteins becomes more pronounced with increasing age. Older cells are more susceptible to damage and have a greater need for the protection Prevagen provides.

Laboratory research has demonstrated that Prevagen has potent cell protecting activity through its ability to bind calcium ions. Studies show a reduction in cellular death of up to 50% when compared to non-Prevagen treated cells.'

http://www.prevagen.com/science.html

Hmm...

I dont know, its just a thought. The main ingredient comes from a jellyfish. Who wouldve known? =D

I'd call 'bullshit' on this one.

If nothing else, their explanation of what it is and how it works doesn't make any sense, biochemically speaking.

"Supplement" is a magic word, legally speaking. "Supplement" (as opposed to "drug" or "medication") means that there is NO scientific testing or evaluation required. You don't have to demonstrate that it either works or is safe.