PDA

View Full Version : (opioids) how much opium can i get from one poppy

vl014721
21-04-2010, 00:54
i wanted to know this so that i would know how much i would need to grow

Confederate
21-04-2010, 01:00
Typically range from 30mg to as much as 80mg - depending on the size of the pod. My own (see anecdotal) plants have reached the 100mg mark a few times.

morphonorconic
21-04-2010, 01:27
Not very much; growing poppies for personal use is risky, tedious, and often not very rewarding in the end. That's why you see fields of poppies, rather than patches, or indoor set-ups. Not saying, however, that it's impossible to get a little stash of opium from a backyard poppy patch.;)

jackie jones
21-04-2010, 01:32
^Well said.

psychomimetic
21-04-2010, 01:44
It depends on the pods. You can get really good opium poppies, but don't expect much from random ones grown from plant store seeds. A few grams can generally be gotten from backyard grows, although you'd probably be better off making tea.

pstyles89
21-04-2010, 01:56
I know different poppies yield different amounts of morphine, thebaine ect. but I dont know how this will affect your opium yield. Can anyone specify? I'm not interested in growing poppies myself, just a little curious

weekend addiction
21-04-2010, 02:56
You sound interested in growing them. If you get caught and they can prove you were extracting them it's a drug manufacturing charge. That means federal prison...

negrogesic
21-04-2010, 03:06
Morphine content will vary greatly depending on strain, how well its grown, if its been overwatered or not given enough exposure to the sun. They can be grown hydroponically in which you can artificially create an optimal environment, but this requires a commitment, resources and understanding of the botany...

P. somn. will vary from 10-100mg, 100mg being a rare case (large pod grown in optimal conditions).

pstyles89
21-04-2010, 03:52
You sound interested in growing them. If you get caught and they can prove you were extracting them it's a drug manufacturing charge. That means federal prison...

Nah man, I'm just eager to learn. I'm smart enough to know that growing poppies is a bad idea, and educated enough about drugs to know that buying some heroin or buying an oxy is much safer and more convenient than trying to extract/refine/distribute purified opium in significant enough quantities. I'll leave that to the burmese and middle easterners.

Plus, who has access to large amounts of acetic anhydride anyway?

stupidretard
21-04-2010, 04:01
Every time I get excited about trying to extract goodies from poppies and do other things with it, I look into the actual methods to do this and lose interest fast. Why does making awesome stuff from poppies have to be so damned difficult? Ha...

weekend addiction
21-04-2010, 04:04
...buying some heroin or buying an oxy is much safer and more convenient than trying to extract/refine/distribute purified opium...

Gotta love prohibition!

Mr Blonde
21-04-2010, 04:15
I was gonna grow poppies once, if not for the opium then for the cool factor, it did indeed seem like a waste of time for a high. Unfortunately I no longer have a backyard.

pstyles89
21-04-2010, 04:53
Gotta love prohibition!

Haha indeed

psychomimetic
21-04-2010, 05:24
I know different poppies yield different amounts of morphine, thebaine ect. but I dont know how this will affect your opium yield. Can anyone specify? I'm not interested in growing poppies myself, just a little curious

Some types also just generally provide more opium in terms of mass. Gigantheum comes to mind. Also different kinds have different quantities, like you said- I think Afghani are high in codeine and Tazmanian are high in Thebaine, generally speaking.

So it's all about the different types. Some yield more, some yield different alkaloids, etc. Well bred ones yield a lot. Ones not bred for opium content tend to barely yield.

Mr Blonde
21-04-2010, 05:39
^ I think with the Tasmanian ones, they have specifically bred them to be thebaine mostly to prevent people using them to get high.

psychomimetic
21-04-2010, 05:55
^I think they're supposed to be pretty good anyway. The morphine content is also high apparently, from what I've heard from people who knew about the different types.

chérie.la.vie
29-04-2010, 00:31
Found about 6 poppy plants in my backyard just recently. Anyone know any good websites to classify what type of poppy is which? ex: petals=reddish/purple

jackie jones
29-04-2010, 00:50
http://www.erowid.org/plants/poppy/poppy_images.shtml

Tchort
29-04-2010, 01:27
Presently growing Papaver Rhoeas (a non-opium producing Papaveraceae) to go with my red Chrysanthemum's.

10mg of Opium yields approx. 1mg Morphine (Morphine Meconate & Morphine Freebase both being present in the Opium poppy and Opium itself-not sure in what concentrations). A patch for one harvest might yield enough opiates for one person to consume for recreational effect.

Gardening is a wonderful hobby in and of itself.

Jim Hogshire's article about the ridiculously bad idea that is growing Papaver Somniferum for the purposes of Opium cultivation for self-consumption can be found online below.

One gardener's encounter with the war on drugs

http://www.wesjones.com/pollan1.htm

chérie.la.vie
04-05-2010, 06:59
http://www.erowid.org/plants/poppy/poppy_images.shtml

these are awesome pics! unfortunately i now think the poppies in my backyard are not somniferums =/

poppies are so beautiful... in a unique way.

suessmayr
30-01-2011, 06:06
Nah man, I'm just eager to learn. I'm smart enough to know that growing poppies is a bad idea, and educated enough about drugs to know that buying some heroin or buying an oxy is much safer and more convenient than trying to extract/refine/distribute purified opium in significant enough quantities.

Shame, shame SHAME that the state of things imports truth to this kind of sentence!

ech0s85
30-01-2011, 09:00
when you guys say 10-100mgs, are you talking straight from the poppy latex or the washed smokeable end product?

NiteShadeX
29-06-2011, 01:00
Not very much; growing poppies for personal use is risky, tedious, and often not very rewarding in the end. That's why you see fields of poppies, rather than patches, or indoor set-ups. Not saying, however, that it's impossible to get a little stash of opium from a backyard poppy patch.;)

Its obvious you never grew poppies before. Man the internet is full of discouraging people....

Each "bulb" contains anywhere from 20mg - 80mg of opium, and each plant has anywhere from 3 - 7 "bulbs".

Lets say you make a garden and grow 50 plants (which is very easy, and they will grow in any climate). Each plant grows 4 bulbs, thats 200 bulbs, and each bulb contains 50mg of opium, thats 10,000mg of opium.

So after spending a good 4 hours in your garden, you manage to scrape out all the opium from your 200 bulbs, and youre left with a container with 10,000mg of opium. Morphine makes up 10% of opium, and a small amount of codeine and thebaine are present also.

Here comes the fun part....

Lets say your opiate tolerance is 40mg Oxycodone, or 1 baggie of H. All you will need for a good high is 20mg of Morphine (assuming you will be smoking your opium). Do the math, 20mg of morphine = 200mg of opium. Time to divide up your 10,000mg of opium into single "hits". 200mg divided by 10,000mg = 50 HITS. Isn't that great? 50 free highs! What I like to do is buy some menthol tobacco from a smoke shop and some rolling papers. Ill roll the tobacco with a single hit of opium (200mg), smoke it up and it's nodsville from there, and its not like a quick oxy high, its a numbing sedating high that lasts HOURS, even if youre opioid tolerant.

Every summer i harvest roughly 1000 bulbs, which really comes in handy because my roxi script always seems to run out early every month. Theres nothing better in the world than smoking a tobacco/opium joint then snorting a couple of roxis.... ahhh heaven. Have fun people.

Cane2theLeft
29-06-2011, 01:50
^ sorry but posts with no harm reduction value that promote illegal activities don't really fit in Other Drugs. PM me if you have any questions about this.

(also, your H connect kind of sucks if a bag is on par with a 40mg OC).