• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

my body wont feel right

caprice

Greenlighter
I did ex for the first time last saturday for a rave downtown. I only did one pill and the roll was very mellow, i didn't sweat hardly or clench my teeth. Ever since then though the back of my head/neck feels very weird. I can feel my muscles working more behind my head. Sunday was nice but weird, i can't seem to fall asleep well. when i lay in my bed i can feel my heart beat rapidly and it makes me worried. i smoke cannabis too, but lately its been making me feel weird.

monday night i smoked with some friends after drinking a strong cup of coffee and i got very nauseous and sick. i smoked more and it alleviated the pain but when i got home to sleep my pain started beating rapidly and i couldn't sleep. luckily i took half a friends ambien and went to sleep.

tuesday was a better day, i felt like i was going back to normal. i had started eating yogurt monday, i regularly eat bananas and drink whole milk, and i started eating turkey to help replenish the serotonin. i worked and felt alright, although i think the ex has changed my personality a little, the way i interact with people. im louder i think. that night i went on a drive with friends smoking joints and it felt really good and i slept good that night without ambien (i ran out by this point).

wednesday i drank alcohol for the first time in a week at a pub and got tipsy off 2 beers. i went and hung out with a friend watching a movie then drinking some herbal tea and i felt fine. my friends were having a bad night so i went to talk with them and comfort them and we ended up smoking. last night though has been the scariest night. i rode my bicycle home and noticed my butt felt weird. i undressed for bed and found the veins in my legs were bulging like i had never seen before. i immediately calmed myself and noticed the veins went down in my leg but then the back of my neck started feeling that weird pain again, then i heard this pop kind of sound and my neck felt fine but when i laid down to sleep my legs starting twitching like they were cold, it really scarred me but i just calmed my breathing and somehow went to sleep.

needless to say im freaked out by whats happening to my body. i used to smoke copious amounts of cannabis until the past 2 months, where when i smoked my head would feel a pressure that would just make me feel bad. i got a CAT scan 2 months ago and my doctor said the results were "normal" but he suspected i may suffer from silent migraines but he's not sure. After i took the EX though nothing has been normal or steady.

is my body just reacting differently than most people without it's normal levels of serotonin? ive only taken ex once in my life, that time, and i dont want to take it again. all my friends have taken ex a lot and they all seem fine and live normal lives.

i don't want to smoke for awhile though now after last night, that bit with my legs really got me scarred. any ideas?

Are you sure what you took was really MDMA and not a methbomb or a mixture of MDMA / Meth. If we knew more about what you did during your roll, it might give us an idea of why your neck hurts or feels weird. Meth can mess you up for days.

Weed after rolling seems to be an issue for some people (myself included). Increased heart rate could be a result from anxiety, a temporary side effect from MDMA (and meth?) which is sometimes made worse by weed. From the sounds of it, your pill wasn't pure MDMA because you couldn't sleep. I dunno it's a lot of guessing. This isn't a 'typical' reaction.

All I can say is try and stay healthy and lay off the weed for a bit and see if you feel better. The most likely/worst explanation is that the pill (whatever was in it) is messing with you, but you should be back to normal in the next few days.

I will bet London to a brick that you suffer from anxiety.

I would strongly suggest that drugs are not a good mix for you with your anxietal problems and you should not be using anything else ever again. Especially weed which is well known to cause anxiety problems.

Stop worrying, none of what you described has anything to do with a single use of mdma.

Go and get your anxiety sorted and stop using drugs.

i really dont think it was pure. i know it wasn't molly for sure because we didn't buy it as such. it was an orange pill shaped like shaggy from scooby doo. the actual roll was very mellow. i read about how for some it is hard to achieve erection while on ex and that was true for me, my dick shrank while rolling for sure. my breathing was calm throughout and i did get some cotton mouth but i had water the whole day and had some while rolling. i did notice the back of my head felt different. ever since, this whole week it seems like the back of my neck is warmer than usual. the whole experience was fine its just afterwards. even still i have a diminished sex drive, but i can get it up if i want to it just takes a little more work.

i do have a lot of anxiety and depression in my life, thats why i used to smoke so much weed. but smoking too much makes me sick now, ive started detoxing today and i feel fine but my heart circulation is crazy, i can feel my heart beat in my feet! it just, it feels like my overall body temp has been warmer than before i rolled.

im not touching drugs for awhile. thanks for all the input. i am seeing my doctor tomorrow and i plan on coming clean with him.

That's great that your detoxing/going to see your doctor. Be sure to update this thread eventually. Best of luck.

it sounds like what you're doing is best for now, just stay awway from drugs, see your doctor, and unless something is seriously wrong, which is unlikely, he is just going to tell you to keep up with vitamins and water. Just take a break for a while, recently I took an 11 day break from smoking and i smoke pretty habitually, about 2 times a day every day, and 11 days did me good.

UPDATE:

went to see my doctor told him i did EX and he just laughed and called it a "stupid drug", which i did take offense to because i think EX is a good thing, but around here, his reaction was welcoming. He said by now (today is friday i took it last saturday) the EX should be out of my system and im just experiencing the lack of serotonin. My blood pressure was fine and my body temperature was a bit on the warm side (99F) but he said i wasn't sick and i looked normal. He asked what after effects i was experiencing from the EX and i told him i dont really feel depressed but i feel anxious and nervous a lot more, not really nervous just jittery. he said that its just my body living without its normal amounts of serotonin.
On the dilation of veins in my legs he said that runners will experience that sometimes after running several miles, their veins in their legs will get huge like mine did. He thinks that i have an abnormality in my body, it being my body doesn't know how to regulate body heat too well.
he asked me how hard is it for me to sweat from my head, like, a dripping sweat from my hair and i said very hard, i have to really push/strain myself to sweat from my head or most of my body for that matter. On riding my bike home that caused that, he thinks i overheated my body quickly because it was a hot night (at least 75F that night) and i dont have AC in my apartment. he said this isn't normal and i need to worry about dehydration. theres nothing he can do, its just one of those peculiarities that people have that im going to have to live with.

he told me to drink gatorade and wear light clothing, like shorts, to compensate for my abnormal cooling system. He also said that it was a GOOD thing that i decided NOT to get the serotonin supplements as they would have off-setted my body even more, and it was good that i was naturally trying to build my serotonin back up by eating the right things.

so the verdict:
my body doesn't know how to regulate body heat to begin with so taking ex and depleting the serotonin just threw everything out of whack but i should be back to normal soon with a healthy diet and Gatorade.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Thanks caprice. Very glad you went to the doctor, I wish a lot more people would do the same.

Best wishes.

You took a cutout pill? Sorry, I'll put money that that pill wasn't even legit.

oh well, hope you get better!