Posting pics in a thread

deadhead507461

Bluelighter
I know how to insert a pic into a thread from a URL
but
how do you insert a pic from your computer into a thread??

thanks

I think you have to host it somewhere first, I dont personally know of any way to upload an image from your computer, but maybe someone else does.

You will need to upload your picture onto the internet and then you can use it just like any other.

Try photo bucket but there are plenty out there. photo bucket is free.

use imageshack to upload your image, it even provides the code for you to use it here (the "Forum code").
you can upload directly to bluelight by using the "manage attachments" button in the advanced post editor :). Easier/better to use imageshack though IMO :).

Just fyi, photobucket provides the code for you as well ;)

so does www.tinypic.com ;)

but yeah, it's best for our server storage space to host image files elsewhere. in this day and age i don't really see the point of allowing image attachments... hmmm.

Just fyi, photobucket provides the code for you as well ;)

but you have to sign up for an account and they're the quickest at deleting boobs :(

but yeah, it's best for our server storage space to host image files elsewhere. in this day and age i don't really see the point of allowing image attachments... hmmm.

Yeah, kind of an unnecessary server strain in these days of so many image/file hosting services...

Thank you.
Photobucket, Imageshack, I cant believe I didnt think of that earlier.
Thanks, everyone:)

hi
some help please ....
I tried to post a new thread about master degree in physics but every time a warning message appear <<your posting contains words that are not allowed by our spam filter. please check and try again.>>
but I failed to find any word ….
please help ….how can i post my thread..
thanks

Head over to Testing Grounds, start a thread and post your post bit by bit to isolate which section is not letting you post the whole thing.

Eg paragraph by paragraph or sentence by sentence etc.

Are you trying to post pictures or did you just happen to post in this thread? Sorry, that made it sort of confusing, so I'll answer both:

Answer 1: I could be wrong on this, but I dont think greenlighters can post pictures.

Answer 2: I've never seen that message before. Assuming you arent trying to post spam, when we've had similar problems in the past the only thing you can do is go to testing grounds (like Klue linked you to) and play with it there, the easiest thing to do is go through, paragraph by paragraph, and take them out until it works. Once you find the offending paragraph, go through line by line and do the same thing, then moving to individual words. Once you figure it out you can change the words or something until it works. Good luck