• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long can a person stay awake before they go mad?

I've stayed up for 4 nights from methamphetamine use. The third night is when I start seeing shadow people, become paranoid, think cops are coming and begin looking out the curtains and peep holes. I became confused on who is real or who is a shadow person by the fourth day.

Ask for some "z drugs".. Zoplicone, etc..

LOL, those lost any effect years ago. I still have some, took about 10, made me drowsyish for about 15 minutes and doesnt help the anxiety that overrides and sedation or compulsion to do wakeful activities such as scrub floors and do laundry repeatedly. Ive washed my bedding, including the comforters several times this week and the irony is that I havnt slept in my bed once. Aaaahhh yay OCD

Im more just wondering if I can wait this out or if I should just resign myself to benzos and neuroplytics

I've stayed up for 4 nights from methamphetamine use. The third night is when I start seeing shadow people, become paranoid, think cops are coming and begin looking out the curtains and peep holes. I became confused on who is real or who is a shadow person by the fourth day.

LOL...I kinda wish I had shadow people. Its lonely here all night!

I got ridiculously paranoid when I first stopped the clonazepam and was having acute withdrawl. I actually caused a code white (violent patient) and a code yellow (missing patient- I stuffed myself in a locker and hid during the nursing shift change) on the psych ward =D I wish I could watch a replay of that it would probably be pretty hilarious to see a 70lb girl go apeshit on several large male nurses 8o

12 days is my personal record. This was part of an experiment (that's my story and I'm sticking to it) on the affects of using DXM to reduce prevent methamphetamine tolerance. The experiment worked better than my wildest dreams

12 days is my personal record. This was part of an experiment (that's my story and I'm sticking to it) on the affects of using DXM to reduce prevent methamphetamine tolerance. The experiment worked better than my wildest dreams

Well your tolerance reduced because you stopped taking it for 12 days. Was it really worth it though, I mean 12 days is ridiculous. :\

Well your tolerance reduced because you stopped taking it for 12 days. Was it really worth it though, I mean 12 days is ridiculous. :\
That the weird part, I didn't even realize how long I'd been up until my wife mentioned it and I looked at a calender. No paranoia even though I was involved in some things which gave me ample reason to be. No increase in either dose or frequency.

But yeah, 12 days is pretty ridiculous.

Last edited:
^^ fryingsquirrel, I've often been unaware of how many days have actually passed when awake for many days at a time. Its strange to come to realize that you have been awake for 4 or 5 days but it only feels like 2. I've stopped viewing time in terms of days- I tend to use terms like "before the last time it was dark out" instad of yesterday heh :/

ETA- Despite large doses of clonazepam, seroquel, and assorted sleeping pills (zopliclone etc) not having any affect on my insomnia...went back on my antidepressant and now Im sleeping fairly regularly. Even with heavy use of stimulants. Go figure

^^ fryingsquirrel, I've often been unaware of how many days have actually passed when awake for many days at a time. Its strange to come to realize that you have been awake for 4 or 5 days but it only feels like 2. I've stopped viewing time in terms of days- I tend to use terms like "before the last time it was dark out" instad of yesterday heh :/
lol, yeah I ordinarily don't pay much attention to time when i'm tweaking. my wife however kept very accurate count. One of hundreds of reasons we aren't together anymore.

4 days without sleep and i went into a pharmacy with a kitchen knife ;)... is he joking?

i stayed up for five days and went mad
i started hallucinating
i was skitzin out
there was a hell demon that followed me around >>>>
it scared the living shit out of me and i ended up at a mental hospital

I wound up at a mental institution also from staying up to long. I was up for like 4 days and I thought the neighbors to the left were plotting to kill me and neighbors on the right talking so much shit about me. I got so angered that I threw a rock in their pool and tossed all my garbage in their backyard. I was then taken to a psych ward, they drove up to my driveway and took me away.

I got the first stages of stimulant psychosis after being awake for 5 days and 5 nights on Desoxypipradrol !

Did not know I was consuming this substance.. fun times

I suffer from extreme insomnia and for more than a SOLID year. Yes literally 365+ Days I have been getting anywhere from no sleep to 7 hours a night and I do not take ANY STIMULANTS what sooo ever except some MDMA recently or maybe some green tea every now and then but Caffeine never did shit to me. I know for a fact that the reason I do not sleep is 80% to blame on stress. I did not sleep for 5 straight days and this was with intense physical exercise. Seriously the worse most cruel painful form of torture known to man kind. The only thing that is worse than extreme sleep deprivation is maybe Kidney stones and or child birth.

I do not know how long I might be able to force myself to stay awake but I do know that I do meth for three days so that I can go slightly nuts and get all twisted the third day. Never been out of control, I just have really learned that it's all about the third day for me, and enjoying feeling really REALLY high.

My personal best is 4 days & nights on desoxypipradrol (shitty, shitty stimulant btw). Night 3 is when things get weird. I felt pretty crazy by night 4, took a bucketload of diazepam to calm me down.

I thought I heard on an episode of House that the longest you can stay awake ( no REM sleep) before you die is 10 days. umm , it was because your brain needs REM sleep to heal and repair or something, and 10 days without it would cause brain death.

??hmm is it true?

No it's not. Look up fatal familial insomnia; it's a rare condition wherein you lose the capacity to sleep entirely. Takes a couple of months before you slip into coma & die.

I got the first stages of stimulant psychosis after being awake for 5 days and 5 nights on Desoxypipradrol !

Did not know I was consuming this substance.. fun times

Ooooh I didn't see this before I posted! Yeah great fun isn't it :\

lol, yeah I ordinarily don't pay much attention to time when i'm tweaking. my wife however kept very accurate count. One of hundreds of reasons we aren't together anymore.

Heh, the scariest part is that it wasnt correlated with my coke use. Seemed not to make much difference. I was in hospital for a few months in the summer, a locked ward which I wasnt allowed to leave untill I slept for 2 consecutive nights. Didnt happen the entire time. They would come with a flashlight and log my sleep every half hour. That made me more paranoid than Ive ever been when Im cracked out in my apartment lol. I spent most of the night under my bed with a flashlight cuz I thought they were watching me from some secret hidden camera LMAO Poor nurses!!

Anyway... now Ive gone from sleeping 10 hours/week to sleeping 10+ hours everyday. Im becoming a narcoleptic, sleeping all the time, any time, at random despite increased use. Fell asleep halfway through cooking the other day, woke up on the floor with the stove on fire 8o I cant win....middle ground? Whats that?8)

Last edited:
My personal best is 4 days & nights on desoxypipradrol (shitty, shitty stimulant btw). Night 3 is when things get weird. I felt pretty crazy by night 4, took a bucketload of diazepam to calm me down.
QUOTE]

7 full 24 hour periods (lost track of night and day) and part of the 8th. Then passed out in the middle of attempting to eat cereal, only to wake up 4 hours later rolling around in said cereal. Talk about waking up on the wrong side of bed =D

I recall at one point believing it was necessary to wrap my head in saran wrap...wish I could remember why hahaha. It wasnt very funny at all at the time tho :(