• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Out of body experience/ Astral Projection

Ravr

Bluelighter
Always found the subject fascinating. I have been able to have out of body experiences a dozen or so sometimes in the past couple of years(without the aids of drugs or anything). I would very much like to have more out of body experiences. I have been meditating and whatnot, yet nothing. I was wondering if there is a more ‘easier way’ to have an OOBE. In terms of drugs, the only thing that has come close to simulating the experience is ketamine. However, I found that ketamine is way unpredictable( at least the ones sold in the streets) and most of the time you are actually in a ‘fantasy’ world you have created. So, I was thinking the best substance to assist in such a journey would have to keep your body asleep while your mind is conscious. Any suggestions? Anybody else do this regularly? What methods do you use?

DMT my friend DMT....

I read some of the experience people who have used DMT and some of the worlds they go that they describe doesn't really sound like the astral world or perhaps it is the astral plane but in far places I and others who 'naturally' project don't know how to access. It is interesting you mention DMT because when you dream and project, I heard the pineal gland produces DMT

I believe when you die, it does the same thing... another cool thing about it... at least for me its interesting :)

^this is a theory put forth by rick strassman in his book the spirit molecule. there is no scientific evidence to substantiate it, a theory and nothing more. since the book came out sooo many people are taking his theories as truths, the only truth we know is that miniscule amounts are produced naturally in the human body, there is absolutely no evidence to suggest it is used in dreams, near death experiences or death itself.

I have only done Astral Projection a few times.....
I am still unsure of whether I feel like my spirit had left my body and was able to see things or if it was more concentrating my energy to mentally 'see' sort of like a psychic experience.
I felt myself rise above my body, could picture myself, then pictured myself traveling over certain areas and into a store- I mentally went into a store and sort of ran into this wall of something red and blue.....
So then later that afternoon I actually went into that store to see what was what and they had created a display of red and blue coolers.....
I know, random and weird but it was a little cool :)

I have only done Astral Projection a few times.....
I am still unsure of whether I feel like my spirit had left my body and was able to see things or if it was more concentrating my energy to mentally 'see' sort of like a psychic experience.
I felt myself rise above my body, could picture myself, then pictured myself traveling over certain areas and into a store- I mentally went into a store and sort of ran into this wall of something red and blue.....
So then later that afternoon I actually went into that store to see what was what and they had created a display of red and blue coolers.....
I know, random and weird but it was a little cool :)

Cool!!! What method did you use, or did it happen randomly?

Ketamine and PCP are a sure way to induce OBE. With training and the aid of drugs you will reach it. Then eventually you wont even need the drugs. I also find I can get an OBE whenever I have sleep paralysis. I don't know if you get that, but if you do when you find yourself buzzing like a dildo and can't move or scream, calm the fuck down and start rhythmic breathing, once your calm look forward with your eyes closed into the blackness and focus like your actually trying to look at something. Then try to move your astral hand out of your physical body. A lot of it is mental imaging, imagining your leaving your body. And just having the faith that it will happen WITHOUT fear. You can get to the buzzing place through meditation, yet I've only gotten it a few times. But I'm no mediation guru. If you have any other questions message me I'd be glad to help you. Oh and binaural beats at specific wave lengths have helped me too. I always tend to come to my body too fast, so I'm no pro. But I had an OBE on accident durring sleep paralysis as a kid and have been trying to grasp them in their entirety. I find that the astral plane and DMT are way different. DMT is a whole other complete something. Like you said maybe DMT takes you to a really hard to find area of the astral, Who knows? Ask aleister crowley, if you can find him out on the plane. Hehe

Those isolation floaters cost $10,000. Also for an hour session, one would have to pay $100.

Ketamine is unpredictable, unless it is medical grade, which is hard to find.

Is there not a substance out there, other than ketamine, which can immobilize the body while keeping you conscious or semi-concisious ?

high doses of LSD have done it for me. i didn't even try

eating mj makes it easier to induce

as for methods, i find the least amount of effort and visualization is best. trying not to try is the best.. feel yourself rocking back and forth & getting lighter till you feel vibrations. that's the way i always did it. the least amount of mental effort & energy used up the better

Last edited:
Cool!!! What method did you use, or did it happen randomly?

No method really.
Just sort of tried to put myself into a trance and take my spirit out of my body.......
I have done it in other instances but there was no proof to it, ya know?
So there is always that thought in the back of my mind- COuld it have been imagination even though it felt so real?

i would suggest DMT
most volunteers in the spirit molecule said it was like there mind was ripped out of there body
im sure lucid dreaming could also give you a couple, as I sometimes watch myself dream, yet im still not quite sure if its me imagining it, or if im actually looking at myself. does it matter though? =)

^^ +1 for lucid dreaming
from what I have read on it, it seems to be a lot like what you are looking for. a mind awake, body asleep state. however, if you're using your mind that's not really an OOBE.

^this is a theory put forth by rick strassman in his book the spirit molecule. there is no scientific evidence to substantiate it, a theory and nothing more. since the book came out sooo many people are taking his theories as truths, the only truth we know is that miniscule amounts are produced naturally in the human body, there is absolutely no evidence to suggest it is used in dreams, near death experiences or death itself.

even that may not be true as DMT is such a simple product that while looking for DMT it may have accidentally been created.

I posted this in the other thread too, but i'm not sure which was correct.

Tips to achieve Astral projection:

Firstly for about 3 weeks you will want to practice dream recall; Keep a notebook and a pen beside your bed. When you are just about to fall asleep at night use a simple mantra for example chant "I will wake up after every dream, and I will remember every dream in full detail" about 30x or until you drift off, this should be the only thing on your mind when you begin to nod. It takes a few nights to discipline your mind into this habit but you should wake up about 25 - 40 times if done properly and write every dream in full detail. You will not recall waking up through the night until you read your notes in the morning and you feel well rested provided that you were dreaming for 7 hours or so.

Next step is something that I picked up from a documentary and it actually works, every time I walk through I door I tough the frame and ask myself if I am dreaming, sometimes you are, you will be surprised with the results.

You will begin to notice the differences between dreams, the dreams that are in full color are the dreams you can control, and the dreams in dull colors or black, white, gray, and brown are dreams about the past. These dreams you have no control over at all.

Once your brain is trained to notice dreams and not wake up then you have a better shot at astral projection.

My favorite way to do astral projection is to lay in bed on a quiet dark night and stare at my ceiling. While staring at the ceiling try to imagine your own body staring back at you, his back against the ceiling as yours is on the bed. You will find it hard to create a mirror image of yourself, but you start to feel tired and almost enter a trance like state, and suddenly your self image gets more vivid. I never notice the switch over but eventually I end up looking down at myself on the bed from the ceiling. (not sure if I am asleep or awake during this time) Then I see an energy force or spirit (extremely hard to describe) sit up out of my sleeping corpse and then my vision merges with this spirit and I am free to roam the astral planes.

Some people have told me that I have brain washed myself to believe a lot of bullshit and achieved success through a creative mind, but I have explained this to my ex girlfriend's family who belong to a Pagen religion and they swear to it that I am talking about the real-deal, these are the same people who do summoning rituals and protection spells, and claim to be protectors of the astral realm.

^ Best way.
If you have trouble inducing lucid dreams I suggest you look up "WILD lucid dreaming". This is the process of going from a waking state directly into a dream state about 6 hours after you fall asleep. Very interesting indeed.

The thing about DMT induced astral travel or OBEs is that it isn't something that you can really control. Some people with very much experience may have more of an ability to guide it somewhat, but for the most part it's out of your control.

It's not like your mind is separated from the world as we know it.. thats an oversimplicfication..
Your normal objective self is not what is being taken to these realms.. if it was you would be able to come back with more memories..
It's more like removing the barrier of your subconscious mind and letting it engulf what you faintly perceive as you seperate from other things. It lets you know that your normal capacity is finite, and that it is infinite, so it swallows you up and you are one with it... and you come back not remembering 99.9999% of it.. If you could remember even half of it, you would be able to initiate it at will without the chemical trigger.

I cant remember what part of your brain controls language and speech, but this is definatley overloaded with the information that can't be subdivided into compartmentalized fractions of meaning i.e. words.

When you start to come back you start thinking normally and you start thinking in words and fragments again. They seem almost like deja vu, because they are there right were they were, but you were somewhere else.. I usually blurt out random words of whatever crosses my mind and I feel like a baby grasping the simple concepts... the comeack is about as good as the blast off-- maybe better knowing you are back here in one piece and you still have a mission.

I have had 22 breakthroughs and this is where I stand at the moment..
Everytime I go there there is no more I, so DMT will not LET you necessarily see past or future events.. though it may MAKE you.

It's one of the closest things you can compare to death, but its ego death, so you are unable to be able to carry your bias, emotions, and questions the that space and look at them to see what it looks like there.... Ive tried.

It is like reaching Kether without having to start from Malkuth... which in theory can be dangerous because you make things unbalanced.. but it's here and there is no denying its capabilities..

Pure unadulterated Gnosis..

But just know its not a tool that you use.. its more of the universes way of letting you know it's using you..

Last edited:
Honestly, every OBE I've read about was done without drugs. There are supposedly ways of meditating, thinking, and orienting the body that can enable some to do it at will. I've tried, but only gotten as far as an "electric" feeling.