• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin how to help veins heal

liquify

Greenlighter
so lately ive been having a really hard time hitting. ill miss 90% of my shots where as the last 6 months before i went on this streak it was rare for me to miss. my veins are gettin beat up so i figure i gotta take a break. its friday now and im getting money tuesday or wednesday so thats how long my break will last. is there anything i can do to help speed up the process? i was thinking about working out my arms get some blood flowin through em again, but thats about all i can think of

Your gonna have to stop using for longer than a couple days man...
Only thing i can think of is shooting it in another part of your body to give your arms a break

a couple days break isn't going to miraculously reheal your veins, more an extended break like a couple of months is going to help. yes, exercise will promote better health to your veins but if you continue to beat them up with missed shots it's going to be a fruitless exercise and you'll end up with none. you need to work on your technique if you're going to continue to IV.

are you treating your missed shots at all? by applying hot compress on them afterwards or applying anti-bacterial creams?

i'd suggest changing to a different ROA for a month or two at the least to give your veins at least some time to heal. and in between that time i'd be exercising as well.

check out the search engine on this topic, it's been covered extensively. there's also an IV complications thread worth checking out.

you could try smoking or sniffing!? ive never IV and some ppl say theres no looking back but its gotta be worth your health,,

Some Good IV Tips

* Muscular and cardiovascular exercise
* Using smaller gauges like a 31g
* Rotating injection sites
* Reduce how many times per day you IV
* How your veins are as is - genetics influences ones vasculature
* Low body fat %age (lose weight)
* Using triple antibiotic ointment on scar tissue
* Develop your technique, and be able to make your IV shot without damaging the vein unnecessarily (puncturing through the other side, missing your shot partially or completely, etc)

Exercise and L-Arginine, which you can get at any GNC or Vitamin Shoppe. It increases blood flow and will help your veins recover. It will take time, but even with the most miserable damage, as long as they aren't 100% shot they will recover within a year's time.

work out, take daily vitamins, don't smoke stoges(thins your blood), take a fuckin' break lmao jus smoke some weed for a lil while.

exercise, vitamin c, folic acid, vitamin b6, potassium, triple antibiotic ointment (neosporin) on sites after injection, warm compress, and give about a month of not using that area while your doing all the exercises and vitamins, and of course when you continue to IV in that spot after giving it time to heal ,you can keep taking vitamins and exercising to keep good vein health.

Instead of shooting your dope, why don't you just snort it for a while and give your veins a break. The likelihood of collapsed or damaged veins exists and you want to get a grasp on this before it's too late. And believe me, snorting H after a few days break will silll give you a decent rush.(Of course not as intense as mainlining it, but your body will ultmitately thank you in the end when you decide to clean up, if ever.

How would snorting give a rush? I mean a faster onset yes a rush no. The only rush'es I have had were from IV.

Yea peaking is great on snorted sub It last's so much longer than IV. I never snorted h so I don't know about that only shot up to get the great rush that you can't get with snorting. But I do prefer a longer peak over the rush most of the time.

Yea peaking is great on snorted sub It last's so much longer than IV. I never snorted h so I don't know about that only shot up to get the great rush that you can't get with snorting. But I do prefer a longer peak over the rush most of the time.

For sure me too.

When I used to snort heroin, I would get a 4 hour long peak and an 8 hour long duration.

When I shot heroin, (which was not often to begin with), I would have a half hour long peak, with about 2 hour duration (give or take).

Even if you snort 2x as much as you would shoot, it lasts more than 2x as long.

The elongated snorted heroin peak was too good to be true which is why I had to quit.

Snorting is the only ROA I would use with cocaine now adays. I would probably rather snort 80% coke (if there was no horrible cuts in it) than I would IV pure cocaine, mostly because the duration is so short and if you overshoot it your experience can be dysphoric, not euphoric.

Plus I don't really use cocaine, I haven't for over a whole year, it's not a drug I've grown fond of.

For sure me too.

When I used to snort heroin, I would get a 4 hour long peak and an 8 hour long duration.

When I shot heroin, (which was not often to begin with), I would have a half hour long peak, with about 2 hour duration (give or take).

Even if you snort 2x as much as you would shoot, it lasts more than 2x as long.

The elongated snorted heroin peak was too good to be true which is why I had to quit.

Snorting is the only ROA I would use with cocaine now adays. I would probably rather snort 80% coke (if there was no horrible cuts in it) than I would IV pure cocaine, mostly because the duration is so short and if you overshoot it your experience can be dysphoric, not euphoric.

Plus I don't really use cocaine, I haven't for over a whole year, it's not a drug I've grown fond of.

Yeah man that sound's so fucking cool 8 hours =D my heroin high lasted about 2 hour's everytime I used. I guess every ROA has it's pro's and con's.

I only wished I would have stuck with snorting it. I knew what was coming with the needle but still chose it for that quick "rush". I'm not naive, I know shooting it gives the true rush you're after, but snorting sometimes surprised me with how strong it was and definetly the length. Good info, yet again, Captain Heroin. I always take what you say at high value because I usually always agree hehe. Take it easy guys.

^ CH is the best..

just noticed i already posted in this thread.. i almost just posted the same thing about the vitamins to take all over again and said oh shit i already did this lol

and everyone better remember that if we don't reach our goal to keep the site up, it will shut down.. so donate or take the survey -> http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?p=8174477&posted=1#post8174477 i will be putting this at the end of all my posts, kinda like a signature..

Last edited:
^ CH is the best..

just noticed i already posted in this thread.. i almost just posted the same thing about the vitamins to take all over again and said oh shit i already did this lol

and everyone better remember that if we don't reach our goal to keep the site up, it will shut down.. so donate or take the survey -> http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?p=8174477&posted=1#post8174477 i will be putting this at the end of all my posts, kinda like a signature..

Thanks guys!

And yeah, the stimulant prescription survey is important, everyone at my end of the computer has taken it already. :)

You think you got it bad man...my feet arms legs hands finger tips nuckles both sides of my beck are completely shot out....i got so frustrated and fed up that i quit...i am 4 and 1/2 days off of dope right now and doing ok...used OC to kick. Dont let it get so bad bro...its really depressing and frustrating especially if you have friends like me that hit right away and your struggling for 2 hours turning yourself into a human pin cussion. Warm compresses and warm showers help bring them to the surface and doing excercises especially bicep and forearm excercises are good and other then that just eat healthy stay hydrated and do your best start looking for wierd small viens youve never thought about hitting before. Ive had veins on my knuckles that have lasted for many issues. good luck and wish me luck because im gonna need it.

Can't guarantee it really works but I think for me it does, at least it warms the veins, the legendary Vietnamese Golden Star balm:

images
images