• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos they won't show up in my pee

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwe

Bluelight Crew
i know there arent pee test questions, but this is more a biology question related to pee tests. im not asking any basics. i really want to get to the bottom of this because i'd rather not health professionals assume i am selling pills

i take 0.5mg x3 daily. i never skip a day. yet it never shows up on pee tests (private and public health center pee tests; i assume GC MS was used)

only possible interaction would be if marijuana could do this

any similar experiences? anybody know why clonazepam may not show in the urine?

my only guess would be that theyre using a 5-panel which doesnt test for benzodiazepines. or they may ignore a test that clonazepam shows up in since they know you're scripted it?

also GC MS is a pretty costly way to analyze urine tests...they usually just use the panel test unless theres a specific reason to do a more complex test. A GC/MS test is almost impossible to fool without masking the peaks on the readout with other things, but to my knowledge marijuana doesnt do this.

^it must be a 5 panel. but the clinic said they do test for benzos, and kpin shows up in others' pee there AFAIK. my counselor said one other person had kpin not showing up in the pee, but she said she was pretty sure he was selling them

Do you smoke qwe? As Nicotine (or other constitutes of Tobacco) speeds up the elimination of most, if not all Benzos. Could be that they're not checking for them though as was suggested up theyer ^ :)

they specifically test for benzodiazepines. they're anal about benzos because of how many opiate ODs involve benzos

i don't smoke or use any nicotine or caffeine

my best guess is, that with all the tagamet i used when i was on poppies, my liver enzymes UPregulated and are now killing off opiates fast. (my doc concurs too, but it seems too simple a solution; if it cleared out to that extent, i'd be in withdrawal, and i take it three times a day so there should be a little in me at all times)

if they upregulated, my guess is that metabolism of benzos would be sped up too, but like you said, that probably wouldnt be enough to completely clear them out. maybe you have a unique set of enzymes that makes some undiscovered metabolites? XD

also i thought a 5-panel only did pot, coke, amphetamines, opiates, and pcp. Maybe the person who they suspected of selling was given a 10-panel test, which would look for benzos too.

That's very odd qwe :$ Ah well, I guess it's nowt to complain about ay? =D (Not that you are lol)
Cane dem Benzos t'fuck!!! ^_^

Don't take this the wrong way, but you can get clonazepam without having to submit urine analysis.

Just go to a different doctor, and bring your empty medicine bottles. You shouldn't have too hard of a time getting prescribed clonazepam.

If it was something really good, like temazepam, triazolam, etc, I can imagine it's harder to get from a doctor. But clonazepam? That's every doctor's favorite benzo to prescribe.

I can't explain why the drug test isn't showing up as positive for you, I wouldn't know if there's a way for your body to break down the drug differently than most people, or if you're metabolizing it much quicker or whatever.

I would attribute this to a false negative. False positives and false negatives aren't common but they do occur in drug testing. This is why drug testing questions are inherently not allowed...there's no real way to explain to someone why a crappy 5 panel drug test fucked up, whether it's a false negative or a false positive.

Most importantly, if you take all of your pills, they have no proof you sell your pills. They have no way to legitimately kick you out, unless they're going to take a drug test as the truth and don't actually care what's literally happening to/with you. That would indicate they're piss poor doctors, and you're better off seeking assistance from a more caring doctor.

if they upregulated, my guess is that metabolism of benzos would be sped up too, but like you said, that probably wouldnt be enough to completely clear them out. maybe you have a unique set of enzymes that makes some undiscovered metabolites? XD

also i thought a 5-panel only did pot, coke, amphetamines, opiates, and pcp. Maybe the person who they suspected of selling was given a 10-panel test, which would look for benzos too.
them being anal about benzos, fyi every pee test gets tested for benzos at the methadone clinic

i don't know what kind of test it is; i asked the main nurse if they used GC MS. "oh yeah they do all that chemicals stuff", she had no idea what kind of test they do

yeah, benzo metab would be sped up too. that's the core of the hypothesis about the upreg. CYPD-whatever names they are, benzos and opiates do share enzymes

marijauna shows up fine; i wish it was the other way around! LOL that'd be nice
Don't take this the wrong way, but you can get clonazepam without having to submit urine analysis.
sorry misunderstanding. the pee test is at the clinic for all patients, and now im no longer at the clinic but my suboxone doctor gave me a pee test

im prescribed clonaz by my family doc, and she's never pee tested me

It's possible that you are an ultra rapid metabolizer or that drug tests just don't work on you. I have had three urine and three blood tests which multiple drugs should have shown up on, but did not. The head doctor at the rehab I went to came and talked to me and pretty much said drug tests may not work on you. Also, my former shrink said that he has treated 3 people including myself that react the same way. My former shrink told me I was an ultra rapid metabolizer.

I just re read the thread and I have no idea why benzos wouldn't show up when other drugs will show up. I've never heard of anything like that.

^ that would seem to support the enzyme hypothesis. in your terms, by taking too much cimetidine, i turned myself into an opiate&benzo-only (since they share enzymes) rapid-metabolizer. plus of course a few other endogenous and exogenous chemicals, i assume, are a little off compared to my body's previous stable configuration

qwe 2.0, or 0.9, depending on how you look at it

^ that would seem to support the enzyme hypothesis. in your terms, by taking too much cimetidine, i turned myself into an opiate&benzo-only (since they share enzymes) rapid-metabolizer. plus of course a few other endogenous and exogenous chemicals, i assume, are a little off compared to my body's previous stable configuration

qwe 2.0, or 0.9, depending on how you look at it

I skimmed this thread and see a lot of complicated theories and the answer is much simpler.

Drug tests for benzos are simply poor and inaccurate, especially with the shorter acting low dosage benzos like alprazolam, clonazapam, lorazapam, etc...

I had a piss test today and I take 2mg klonopin a day and didn't test positive for it. The technician said this was normal and happens all the time with the benzo tests because they are simply not accurate enough to detect low concentrations of benzos. She said xanax and klonopin don't show up a good percentage of the time and the tests are only really accurate for picking up the older long acting benzos like diazapam.

I got sent away for testing NEGATIVE for benzos on my tests that were being sent to labs. I was getting prescribed .5 3xdaily of xanax from the program that I was in. After 6 months my private councelor asked my if there was something that I was hiding from her because she just realized that all of my tests were negative and she knew what I was being scripted.
The bitch called up my P.O and said to move me into a 30day inpatient rehab, mind you I was going 1 day a week to outpatient at the time.... I have thought about seeking legal reparations for all the money I laid out. Only thing I admitted was taking 2 vicodin once when I couldnt sleep from back pain.
So it is def possible, the saliva tests often came back negative after I got out of inpatient and had to go back to a diff outpatient.

^that's really not cool. good luck and let me know if there is any justice. i know plenty of people IRL being fucked by the criminal justice system. everybody knows that there are too many laws, that they are too complex. court used to be a human judgement thing. we can't internalize the laws, and we can't rely on somebody in the court to be able to make the case "he may have technically broken this regulation, but he was acting reasonably and/or this regulation is evil itself"

*using evil as a political term :p

sorry misunderstanding. the pee test is at the clinic for all patients, and now im no longer at the clinic but my suboxone doctor gave me a pee test

im prescribed clonaz by my family doc, and she's never pee tested me

Oh...I get Suboxone without having to submit a UA. I'd say the same thing still but Suboxone is a bit more special than clonazepam.

And that makes a little more sense now. :)

yeah, benzo metab would be sped up too. that's the core of the hypothesis about the upreg. CYPD-whatever names they are, benzos and opiates do share enzymes

CYP450.... and more accurately for like 95% of drugs; the 2d6 and 3a4 pathways. I had my chromosomes examined after showing no response to convention psychotropic substances at insane doses and it turns out it can really be a bitch if you are trying to get high (check out my 800mh of oxy and still not high thread! 8o)

But something useful to the OP; when I was tested after entering into a pain management clinic that had me take a drug test which I was told was the same used for all hospital staff. I turned up positive for diazepam a full 10+ days after I had taken it last and the pharmacist who oversaw patient tox-screens called me and asked about it and was able to just explain it as residual leftover from before I signed a contract in which I promised that I would not take any illegal drugs because she said she had a computer readout of specific markers and levels that can tell a trained observer more about your drug panel than the laughable 5 panel dip-stick and done method!

Just go to a different doctor, and bring your empty medicine bottles. You shouldn't have too hard of a time getting prescribed clonazepam.

Now where have I heard this before!

Edit: P.S.: I am pleasantly surprised and relieved you got that stock of temazepam refilled baring the ridiculous nature in which they cut you off cold-turkey. You really could have a claim for medical mal-practice for someone to just drop you from a benzo regiment for such a unloving attitude which says "I won't touch that man with a 10 foot pole!"

Last edited:
Edit: P.S.: I am pleasantly surprised and relieved you got that stock of temazepam refilled baring the ridiculous nature in which they cut you off cold-turkey. You really could have a claim for medical mal-practice for someone to just drop you from a benzo regiment for such a unloving attitude which says "I won't touch that man with a 10 foot pole!"

LOL! I really should but I knew I'd just get it later in time.

I finally have had good sleep for the last few days. I'm really excited to keep the correct sleep cycle going.

I had an opposite problem today. I tested positive for bezo's and I haven't taken them since before christmas... How long does that shit stay in your system? The only drugs I ahve done is roxis.. oh and I put a lidocaine patch on my back the other day but don't see how that would do anything.

I had an opposite problem today. I tested positive for bezo's and I haven't taken them since before christmas... How long does that shit stay in your system? The only drugs I ahve done is roxis.. oh and I put a lidocaine patch on my back the other day but don't see how that would do anything.

Could of been stored in your fat or even bones depending on how much you were taking and body chemistry/composition, then you lost some fat or some how sped up your metabolism, some was burned off and released and there you go. It doesn't just show up out of nowhere, and I somewhat doubt that there is a magical clonazepam fairy throwing clonaz dust into your mouth when you're sleeping. ..well I guess it's possible... anyways, lol, there's always the likely hood of a false positive or even mixing up urine samples. Are you sure you handed them your dick?

Drug tests for benzos are simply poor and inaccurate, especially with the shorter acting low dosage benzos like alprazolam, clonazapam, lorazapam, etc...

clonazepam is one of the longest acting benzos there is. The only thing it has in common with alprazolam and lorazepam is that it comes in a .5mg pill.

Definitely not that long!

False positive.

Drug tests are notoriously unreliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.