• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc what is the best first level filter for IV pill prep?

OpiYum

Greenlighter
So let's say I have a pill and need to do a CWE, then a ether wash.

I have a micron wheel .2, q -tips., coffee filters.

I am guessing that I use the micron wheel filter last for its not easily clogged. But for the first CWE, is it better to use a 1-tip, cotton ball, cheese cloth, muslim, tampon, or what size pre-wetted coffee filter?

I'd say a couple coffee filters are sufficient. I believe the #2 coffee filter is what you want in order to fit into a funnel properly, and just cut it to fit.

Last edited:
Yeah I would definitely recommend pre-filtering with cotton, or a coffee filter.

If you're only putting a few pills through the micron filter you should be OK, especially if you pre-filter with cotton or a coffee filter.

out of curiosity what CWE product are you going to IV? oxycodone is the only one i can think of that'd itd be really desirable to shoot.

What pills are these and do you mean a full on CWE to get APAP out or just mixing some pills in cold water using maybe 3ml tops to first filter out the major gunk? For the latter the best first filter is to take the needle off a syringe, stick a good sized cotton ball in the solution, press the syringe end down hard on the cotton and draw back. That will get all goopy crap out.

If you are doing a full CWE extraction on some shit to then inject, well I hope you have a lot of pills and know what you're doing to make it worth it.

What pills are these and do you mean a full on CWE to get APAP out or just mixing some pills in cold water using maybe 3ml tops to first filter out the major gunk? For the latter the best first filter is to take the needle off a syringe, stick a good sized cotton ball in the solution, press the syringe end down hard on the cotton and draw back. That will get all goopy crap out.

If you are doing a full CWE extraction on some shit to then inject, well I hope you have a lot of pills and know what you're doing to make it worth it.

I believe the OP is just going to combine crushed pill(s) with a reasonable amount of water, and do a CWE to remove some inactives, so as to prevent the micron filter from clogging.

I believe the OP is just going to combine crushed pill(s) with a reasonable amount of water, and do a CWE to remove some inactives, so as to prevent the micron filter from clogging.

I see, in that case instead of using a lot of water that you would then have to evaporate he should just crush the pills in a small amount of solution and filter it through the back end of a syringe barrel stuffed with cotton. Do that twice if needed. That will take care of everything that would clog a micron.

Thx guys. I do the cotton pre-filter first, then the micro wheel filter, works great.