• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Any info for a simple dextroamphetamine sulfate ir prep?

OpiYum

Greenlighter
Hi,
I have UTFSE and found only a couple of postings, but nothing to confirm a simple method for minimizing the fillers/binders in a Dextrostat IR 10mgs.

Dextroamphetamine sulfate is freely soluble in water (about 1:10) and slightly soluble in alcohol (about 1:800).

Each tablet, for oral administration, contains Dextroamphetamine sulfate, USP, 5 mg or 10 mg. Inactive ingredients: D&C Yellow No. 10, FD&C Blue No. 2, FD&C Red No. 40, hydrated alumina, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, and stearic acid.
The 5 mg also contains: mannitol, povidone, and starch.
The 10 mg also contains: lactose monohydrate, maltodextrin, and sodium starch glycolate sugar compressible.

I went through each ingredient and looked at water and organic solvent solubility.

It seems like a cold water extraction (using at least 10:1 water to d-amp sulfate ratio) may filter everything except for the d-amp sulfate, lactose monohydrate, maltodextrin, and sodium starch glycolate sugar compressible, and colorings.

To use an organic solvent next, what would be the point?

Since I am not an experienced chemist, I may not attempt anything more than a CWE.

Any input or experience or references would be appreciated.

I don't think a simple CWE will remove MCC. Just a thought.

If you know the particle size of MCC please let me know. I think we determined it could be as small as 5 microns, and I don't think a simple CWE will remove it.

When injecting any pill it's best to use a micron filter.

I've only shot methamphetamine once, and haven't shot d-amp at all (especially in pill form), so I can't really help you. Sorry. The way I prepped the meth was I put it in water, stirred, and pulled back. It was very high quality, and was a very nice experience. I am not usually into stimulants though so I can't really tell you much about how to specifically prep d-amp pills for IV other than prefilter with cotton at least, and use a micron filter if you are concerned about your health/have the $ and can afford it. :)

I assume you are referring to microcrystalline cellulose?

Hmm, according to this website: it seems like it is not very water soluble and that <10% has a particle size of < 5 m m.

http://www.fao.org/docrep/w6355e/w6355e0l.htm

Microcrystalline cellulose is a purified, partially depolymerized cellulose prepared by treating alpha-cellulose, obtained as a pulp from fibrous plant material, with mineral acids. The degree of polymerization is typically less than 400. Not more than 10% of the material has a particle size of less than 5 m m.

Insoluble in water, ethanol, ether and dilute mineral acids. Slightly soluble in sodium hydroxide solution

Are you trying to prepare this tablet for IV use? If not; I have found that if I don't agitate the solution of water when I go to plug I can end up with a small film of d-amphetamine on the surface that has fallen out of solution and if I move the solution around and pull it up the syringe and push down a couple of times I can get most all of it.

I want to IV it.

However, I am trying to follow your process for plugging, but am not getting a clear picture. Isn't plugging and IV prep kind of similar - want to get a clear, purest form possible?

I want to IV it.

However, I am trying to follow your process for plugging, but am not getting a clear picture. Isn't plugging and IV prep kind of similar - want to get a clear, purest form possible?

With plugging, it's OK not to filter. Injecting into the anus is not like injecting directly into the vein.

CH - re the talk about MCC particle size, it was in Tchorts "micron filter : what can get through" thread wasn't it?

even if it (MCC) isn't very water soluble particles suspended in the solution are going to enter the end solution. what type of filter you have will basically determine the amount of those particles that are going to get through. so if you have a 0.2 micron filter only those particle smaller than 20micros are going to end up in the end solution.

^ Hey I was wondering if micron filters affect the potancy of your solution.

they can, yes. some of your final product will be trapped in the filter. simply draw and squirt some fresh solution through it into the final syringe and you'll have the majority. or you can simply add a little extra product from the start.

^ Thank's I am thinking about getting them as they are way better for your health then with just a piece of cotton.

Thank y'all. I am finally convinced to use a micron filter and change my lazy ways.

so if i wanted to do a simple CWE for dextroamphetamine for plugging and intranasal (with addition of the above mentioned extras)
would this drastically reduce the size of my product?
basically asking - will i be able to effectively rail the d-amphetamine with little worry about binders? ...and therefore higher BA

as i have 5mg IR dexamphetamine tablets, so railing without some sort of extraction seems fairly pointless
can anyone head me in the right direction?
cheers
=D

Why not use rectal? Anything up your nose isn't great. Bioavailability is 20% higher (or so says wikipedia and other bluelight posts).

edit...for rectal admin that is

I just used rectal again and I keep forgetting how great it is and safe, compared to IVing and railing. I am glad I have people on BL to remind me.

From someone with experience IV'ing with wheel filters, Oral, and Insufflating. I would say within a few weeks, month you will have a tolerance so high that you will be using huge barrels and doing like 10 shots over a bender (because noone can stop). It's not worth wasting it. And when you can't use dex anymore you will regret it.

Sure do it once if you want to see what the rush is like but you will skyrocket your tolerance. This is best done as a "once in a special occasion" time. I assure you if you do this like I have within a short amount of time even 40 pills won't do much IV. And you will have punctures all over your major mainlines and be using 10ml huge barrels like I was to do 10 pills at a time.

You won't be IV'ing for longer than a month or so that's unique factor of IV dex.

Best to skip it for special occasions and use orally for daily use, insiufflation here and there, and IV only on special occasions. IV stimulants just makes your tolerance skyrocket waste of time doing it often.

Don't IV pills; let alone Amphetamine pills, they're probably the worst and dumbest of all pills to IV... Eat/plug them.