PDA

View Full Version : Morphine experts needed! Will 15 mg MS Contin kill me?

ReadingRithing
26-02-2010, 04:43
I have a pretty high tolerance for morphine, but just have no idea how much is in 15 mg MS Contin (morphine sulfate extended release, like Oxycontin). The narcotics converter doesn't work for extended-release drugs.

Does anyone here have the expertise to know how much morphine is in 15 mg MS Contin?

Or, has anyone every tried crushing up 15 mg MS Contin in hot water and lemon and swallowing it? Or know what would happen if I did that while also taking oxycodone and maybe MSIR (morphine sulfate immediate release)?

Right now I'm taking 115 mg MS Contin every 8 hrs for pain, with 30 mg oxycodone to be taken every 3 hrs for breakthrough pain. Because I sleep a lot, I miss some doses of MS Contin. I average probably 2.5 of the 3 daily doses.

Because there's no such thing as breakthrough pain for me, just constant pain period, I've been taking 60 mg oxycodone during the day and none at night, so not exceeding the prescribed amount of 8 per day. I supplement the oxy with 60, 90, or even 120 mg MSIR which I have leftover from previous months.

Prior to this month I was taking 40 mg methadone every 8 hrs with 30 mg MSIR every 3 hrs for breakthrough pain.

At the beginning, this worked well enough that I had a lot of MSIR left over. Later, though, I was taking more MSIR, sometimes up to 120 mg at a time, during the day.

But I frequently missed a dose of methadone, as is happening with the MS Coniin. So I have leftovers of methadone too, and I've wondered about taking 10 mg methadone along with the MS Contin and oxycodone now.

I've posted this question at least twice with no answer. Is the post too long? Is it confusing or breaking some rule?

I'm really desperate because the pain is atrocious and my doctor is away for a week. Even when he comes back I know he won't prescribe more narcotics, and I'm willing to try Neurotin and other things. But right NOW I'm in severe pain and need HELP!

Is there someone here with experience taking a lot of morphine? I don't want to kill myself or even try to get high (I realize that wonderful feeling is gone forever since I developed chronic pain, I'm not trying to get it again). I just want some relief from this awful pain.

Can someone please answer. I am new so can't answer PMs, apparently.

Violenza666
26-02-2010, 06:33
15 mg of extended release morphine sulfate. lol None of that made any sense. If you are taking 120 mg at a time then 15 mg wont kill you.. What exactly are you trying to say?

The Chemist
26-02-2010, 06:34
15mg = 15mg.

is that easy enough to understand?

subox1
26-02-2010, 08:19
Yeah I don't really get what you are trying to ask. Are you wondering how much morphine is in a 15 mg extended release? There is 15 mg of morphine in a 15 mg morphine er pill. Its not like its a 150 mg pill that gives you 15 mg of morphine every hour for 10 hours.

Are you trying to ask if taking this pill will kill you? No on its own it will not kill you. If you have taken a large amount of methadone and morphine ir and then take this pill it is possible that it will kill you. We can't really tell you if taking x amount of methadone, x amount of morphine ir and x amount of morphine er is going to be lethal.

Oh and btw the way these ms contins suck IMHO. I used to be able to get really high from 60 mgs of oxycontin and when I would try and get a buzz from ms contin I could do over 200 mgs and not feel even close to what the 60 mg of oxy would do to me.

P.S.- In the future try and clearly state what it is you are trying to ask. Your question doesn't make much sense.

phatass
26-02-2010, 09:28
can you lease make sure your question is clear!

NCUK
26-02-2010, 09:54
wow!!!! thats alot of powerful opiates!!!!!! my sugestion would be to drop everything except the methadone and get it increased. what your taking there is a death cocktail and its no way to live no mater how much pain your in

BIGsherm7272
26-02-2010, 10:02
lol wat

DynoSpec
26-02-2010, 10:18
15mg ms contin is the same as 15 mg msir, after you crush it, and add citric acid to ur gelly liquid then its good to swallow.

ReadingRithing
26-02-2010, 12:38
Thanks for the replies. I'm sorry the question wasn't clear. Well, actually, it was clear because most of you obviously understood it but just didn't like what I wrote. I apparently said too much trying to describe the situation, and I apologize for that.

Yes, I was asking, is there 15 mg of morphine sulfate in 15 mg of MS Contin, or is there more.

And yes, I did think there was more... not 150 mg, but some increased amount that would be released slowly so I'd always have 15 mg on board (at least at peak level).

If I'm on 15 mg MS Contin does that mean I actually get less than 15 mg per hour? No wonder it's ineffective.

I'm just surprised that 15 mg of MS Contin is the same as 15 mg morphine sulfate ir, so 15 mg of Oxycontin is the same as 15 mg oxycodone HCL and so on. If that's the case, why break up the Oxycontin to get a high? Why not just get the same mg of oxycodone? It's easy enough.

Thanks also for the advice regarding other drugs. I get so sleepy from methadone I doubt that I could go with increased methadone alone. It was the reason my doctor switched me to MS Contin, with oxycodone for "breakthrough" pain because it's stronger orally than MSIR.

Yes, I realize it's a ton of narcotics and I probably do have opiate-induced hyperalgesia, but so what?

Why are people being judgemental about this, while everyone would be happy to instruct me if I came on wondering how to inject heroin or play with Vicodin and Percodan over the weekend?

Thanks to DynoSpec for being the only person to give a plain answer without being an asshole about it.

Slapdragonx
26-02-2010, 16:36
I'm just surprised that 15 mg of MS Contin is the same as 15 mg morphine sulfate ir, so 15 mg of Oxycontin is the same as 15 mg oxycodone HCL and so on. If that's the case, why break up the Oxycontin to get a high? Why not just get the same mg of oxycodone? It's easy enough.
MS Contin has the same amount of morphine, but it is time released. Same applies to OxyContin. If you crush them you get it all at once versus released slowly over time.