PDA

View Full Version : Doxylamine and diph hard on body?

zombiesarepeaceful
24-02-2010, 20:57
I've read about this before. Where, I don't remember. I've done both drugs recreationally many times and I know diph drains the body of B vitamins and is hard on the brain and heart. But is doxylamine succinate worse or better in terms of being hard on the body? And in what ways?

Thanks...don't hate on the antihistamines...

Captain.Heroin
25-02-2010, 19:57
Don't bump your own thread you'll get an answer when the regulars wake up, get their fix on, and then after they've shot up they'll be right with you. ;)

What I can tell you though is responsible amounts of doxylamine (or diphenhydramine) should be just fine.

Exactly how much do you plan on/have you taken?

zombiesarepeaceful
25-02-2010, 21:42
Well, I've used both drugs recreationally in the past. I think the most diph I've taken at a time is 12 pills, so 600mg. But don't quote me on that. The most doxylamine I've taken at a time is...shit...I don't know. I'd say 9 pills. But I've also split up 75ish mgs at a time of diph, multiple doses a day. I haven't experienced any negative side effects except for when I took massive amounts at once, i.e. the 600mg experience. I'm on just 100mg right now. Takes the edge off, gives me that 'diph space' without making it too intense or anything. Maybe I'm strange, but some people do have a thing for this drug. I can't remember ever really taking it for sleep.

DangerChamber
25-02-2010, 22:03
Why anyone would use dipenhydramine as a recreational drug I will never know. The experience is beyond dysphoric, the dementia sounds like you're walking through the 7th stage of hell crossed with the 6th sense, and there's absolutely zero chance of going to sleep past certain amounts. I'd like to meet the badass who finds that fun.

BIGsherm7272
25-02-2010, 23:54
lol yea I never really understood the appeal of tripping on deleriants, especially diphen.......I guess if you like seeing big nasty fucking spiders and talking to phantom people and believe everything that is going on is real and pretty much have a mindfuck of a time, then go ahead.

zombiesarepeaceful
26-02-2010, 20:05
I don't see "big nasty fucking spiders", nor do I talk to random people. Maybe I'm strange. It just calms me down, makes me think in a more trippy perspective. But the question was..how is it hard on the body?

Korn3x
26-02-2010, 20:30
lol yea I never really understood the appeal of tripping on deleriants, especially diphen.......I guess if you like seeing big nasty fucking spiders and talking to phantom people and believe everything that is going on is real and pretty much have a mindfuck of a time, then go ahead.

lol. one time i had stayed up for an entire night cuz i was cramming for a test, and i had taken some benadryl to potentiate the high. i had taken 50mgs first, but then i took another 25mg an hour later after i had just dosed some oxycodone and dilaudid.

anyways, when i was walking back to my dorm i had caught myself having a conversation with someone who wasn't even there. i just remember looking to my left and catching myself speaking to someone who had just vanished lol. i was also in this really dreamlike state, and everything just seemed really weird and fucked up, as if i had just smoked some weed or something. i've pulled all nighters and dosed opiates the following night and never had an experience like this. i attribute it to the lack of sleep combined with more benadryl than i usually take. the effects might have been potentiated from my lack of sleep.

however it was a rather curious state of mind, and maybe i'll try popping 100mgs later to see what's up.

zombiesarepeaceful
26-02-2010, 20:48
See, I find it hard to hallucinate on drugs. When I take the exact same drug as another person, they're usually like OMGORZ LOOK AT THE VISUALS and I'm just standing there, squinting at the wall, trying to see what they're seeing. I rarely hallucinate on anything.

QuasiStoned
27-02-2010, 08:42
^^^
They're not "hallucinations" per se, it's a delirium.

My experiences with diphenhydramine were usually about 75% negative, 25% positive. The positive effects were dreamlike experiences behind my closed eyelids, this was pretty cool but otherwise the "high" felt terrible. My body would flush and feel hot, my heartrate would increase dramatically, my pupils would dilate and all sources of light were too bright and hurt my eyes. Then there's the lethargy and inability to do anything productive... my body always felt so heavy and it was like hard to move.... then I'd get restless legs when I'd try to sleep it off.

The ONLY time I will use diphenhydramine now is using 100mg to potentiate poppy tea, and it's only an occasional thing for me. Sometimes diph can really add to the sedation and make the nod a little more interesting ;) Other than that, I wouldn't take diphenhydramine "recreationally" even if you paid me to do it.

phatass
27-02-2010, 15:06
See, I find it hard to hallucinate on drugs. When I take the exact same drug as another person, they're usually like OMGORZ LOOK AT THE VISUALS and I'm just standing there, squinting at the wall, trying to see what they're seeing. I rarely hallucinate on anything.

off topic... but have you tried 2Cx's? if you're after hallucinations, 2C-E is a pretty sure bet in my books

zombiesarepeaceful
27-02-2010, 19:38
^Nope. I'm waiting to try acid.