(answered) Postcount going down?

chrissie

Bluelight Crew
Not that it's of any real significance, but I noticed my postcount going down. I've heard others say the same.

I remember passing 18k months ago. This post shows that I am down almost 200 posts from two months ago?

Surely an individual user didn't mass delete their threads affecting my postcount that dramatically. Any ideas?

hi chrissie :)

i do know that the recent pruning programme shouldn't have affected postcounts, but the TTYS threads in the Lounge get deleted and will decrease them.

TLB might be able to answer this better...

I've only posted in that thread a handful of times. Was anything else hard-deleted?

Thanks, fellas :)

^Yes. We've recently gone through musty dusty old archives in staff areas and hard deleted a buncha crap in there that was of no use (ie, "Hey are we going to www.threads for the next upgrade?" circa 2001; and many, many, many old staff threads on troll discussions, etc). So it shouldn't have been more than a few hundred, should only have really effected people with significant time on staff, and was a one time deal as we weeded through those old things and properly set the needed things into a staff (mod level) archive vs the admin archive (there were more than one of these containing such things). Should be done now.

aha! thank you, oh knowledgeable one :)

*wonders how many posts you lost, the super-staffer you are*

/edits his own post count back up....and then some.. ;)

Yeah, I think I lost some.

Can someone force B9 to lose, like, 40,000 or so? :D

This is me UTFSE. I just noticed my post count go down by roughly 400. My posting has been slow lately, but I'm not sure where I would have lost 400 posts.

Staff Forums?
RP?

There must be shitloads of ancient crap in there that would be ripe for deletion. Although reading through five year-old threads full of bickering and outrage always provided me with some entertainment.

I'll probably lose thousands if they clean out staff. :D

Staff forum has been put on the chopping block, but technically not lost anything yet. The only place where an admin has removed content is from TL, and this was done via the admin tools (PRUNE). I cannot say how many mods may have UA'd or soft-deleted mega-threads in various places in an effort to help, which would in fact be lowering post counts.

From the staff thread regarding the PRUNE

Okay, just a heads up

Post in a forum that counts toward your postcount = +1

UA a post = -1
Soft Delete a post = -1
Hard Delete a post (Thread Tools) = -1 << Only admin should be able to do this

Admin's Prune->delete a thread = no postcount change....verified here on BL proper.

Mods, please do NOT UA or 'soft delete' threads in your forum in an effort to help us out with the prune. If you do either of those, they are still there, still bloating the server database....just not visible to mere mortal members. HOWEVER, as you see above, if you UA or 'soft delete' things, it WILL lower people's postcounts.

If an admin does the prune, it DOES NOT lower the postcount. Leave the machete in our bloody hands, please.

I haven't been able to see why people have lost postcounts (if staff have UA'd or soft-deleted....vs a glitch in Admin pruning processes), but so long as none of the regular staff are UA'ing or soft deleting posts......we should have better control on the situation. I'll be culling out the TPH Pending Deletion folder today. Nobody else should have UA or delete power here - let's use this to ensure the admin process DOES NOT lower postcounts, m'kay?

Since the initial burning of some LOUNGE threads, we (admin) haven't removed anymore. I'll be watching the next burn or two to ensure things are going as planned, but if people continue to notice a loss of postcounts, please let us know.

I was wondering if the massive prune would kill peoples postcounts. The difference between moderator soft delete and admin delete is interesting.

Thanks for the response. To add to these mysteries, I noticed, after refreshing the last page I viewed last night that my post count actually added one post. This can easily be explained by something getting un-UAed or undeleted, I just found it odd. I don't believe that anyone is stealing my username/password.

We just un-UA'd a bunch of posts (pre-burning admin style) so the counts should have started coming back up a bit.