• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

IV Subutex

elduce

Greenlighter
Hey everyone-hope you are all well. I am new to the board and was directed here from the new members section regarding my quick but urgent question and I hope you guys can help!! :)

I normally take suboxone (about 6 mgs a day) but I can't pick up my scrip for another 4 days. When my bf and I ran out of suboxone on Monday, we got some subutex and having heard you can shoot it, we decided to try it-and liked it. Then I read HORROR stories on here and on opiophile. I know IV'ing any drug is dangerous. (I am a recovering heroin addict.) I have actually been entirely clean off that since the end of October. But that is a whole other story. Anyway, we have been doing about 10-12 mg each since Monday-and don't get my suboxone til Sunday. I know you can take the tex sublingually but being an addict it is so hard to do that.....:X I'm just wondering if anyone has had a personal experience or a friend who has of doing around that much tex that often(about 3 shots a day). It's really crappy cuz I have to do some to just get out of bed....(i work EARLY) so tomorrow I am going to do a shot in the am and take the rest under my tongue later in the day...Also I'm finding I need way more of just plain bupe than suboxone. Probably because I'm using it IV. I don't know..But I'm terrified of the whole corn starch filler and other ingredients..My bf says he will stop IVing when we get the next scrip of tex & when we get subs which is soon-but I don't know how much longer this can go on w/o severely bad things occuring...Ok, I'm getting a tad redundant here. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you. :)

The Suboxone/Buprenorphine Megathread and FAQ v6.0 would be a good place to check :)

You can IV both Suboxone and Subutex but they won't last as long as dosing sublingually as you've noticed. Personally I stuck to sublingual cos the IV habit has to be broken sometime and the risks of IV subz just ain't worth it for me. It's missing the vein that's the big risk with bupe, I believe - amputations a-go-go. Check out the Case Studies (It could happen to YOU...) **UPDATED: 15 JAN 2010** thread for the grizzly details and make up your own mind.

And welcome to BL :)

I IV subutex multiple times a day. Have been for almost 3 years. Use good IV preperation and administration practices to lower risks. Do so and you should avoid problems.

It's the soluble fillers that worry me when people choose to IV 'boxes n 'texes :\ ...
Definitely check out that Case Studies thread and make a wise and informed decision.
Hope you manage to keep on it and carry on doing well :)

Thanks for the responses guys/girls. I have to get ready for work but I will definitely respond more later. Thank you!!!!

Omg................I just had a whole thing written out........and I tried to post it and it said I had to relogin to post which I did, and then it was gone. LOVELY. Anyway, that SUCKS. this will have so much less than what I intended to post.

Thank you for the welcome and the advice everyone. Much appreciated. Reflecto, you have subutex correct-not temgesic which I think is just plain bupe hci, no fillers. I know the basics of safe iving unfortunately but how exactly do you do it? Maybe you could pm me and let me know if u don't want to specify on here. Do you use a wheel filter? Well we're off to the store to get alc wipes fresh points and neosporin at least......Cant wait to get my suboxone and stop doing this.......

Thank you all. Much love.

Subutex and Temgesic are essentially the same thing, except the Buprenorphine content in Subutex is much higher of course. All pills have filler and binders. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to see most of them.

Also, Suboxone is essentially the exact same thing as Subutex, because Buprenorphine has a higher binding affinity over Naloxone.

As far as prepping them for IV it's basically the same as for most anything. Crush, add water, filter. Use no heat either. Whenever I iv my Suboxone I find if you use luke warm water it's much easier to draw up.

A micron/wheel filter is always a great thing to use whenever possible too.

Yea Subutex

Yeah im positive they are Subutex. name brand. Those white football shaped
B8's =)

these are my steps, in order. WASH YOUR HANDS, Crush, add water (i find using a full 1cc for anywhere between 2-3mg doses works best), DONT COOK (buprenorphine is absolutely water soluable), filter (micron-filter being best choice due to pill fillers, but cotton would be better than nothing... and better than a cigarette filter), disinfect the injection area, bang with new rig and enjoy.

And i filter my shots with a 1cc rig with the needle cut off, when i dont have a micron filter at hand. i press the tip very firmly into the cotton as i SLOWLY draw the plunger back. the water comes up crystal clear every time. if u got floaters, filter again. the time you take to do these steps right will benefit your health more than it will eat up your time.

I dont want to jynx myself so i am knocking on wood now... but i have been doing this for over 3 years and i have never had any problems. no abcesses, no collapsed veins, no discoloration of the skin. I have regular doctor appointments and have blood work done often to ensure the state of my health, and there are no problems within my blood system or organs.

Oh, and im still a Greenlighter >_< i cant send PM's yet... atleast i dont think i can.

If you need more details, post in here and i will give more info. hope that is allowed? if not, i can give you my e-mail adress.

sorry for all my post one after another. just scrolled up and read

"Suboxone is essentially the exact same thing as Subutex"

chemicaly, yes. like you said, naloxone being the difference. i have banged both, and subutex gives me a nice clean euphoric buzz, while suboxone doesnt do jack shit. except maybe make me a little sweaty or anxious.

mmm dont think its a good thing to iv pills on a regular basis its not great for long term health but i suppose you will do what you want oh just a thought you can get buprenorphine in amps called buprenex there kinda nice havent had them for ages as im heavy opiate user but that would eliminate the health risks of iving pills

Thanks Reflecto. And I can send pms either. =( You can totally email me*snip* we are out of subutex til next month and I have my suboxone now. I haven't taken any yet and it has been like 40 hours since my last shot of tex(i did about 120 mgs of tex in 5ish days). I know suboxone has bupe in it too so I shouldn't go into precipiated wd..At least from what I understand. And megawoof-thx. I knew there was some kind of bupe that wasn't AS bad for you. Of course shooting anything on a regular basis is horrible and I don't wanna do it anymore!!!!!! At least not for a long while. (I threw away every rig and other things we had) Yesterday I was offered some free fent and it started a huge argument between my bf and I. I've only smoked it once years ago(and it did nothing-prob did it wrong)-before my IV use started-and he's never done it in any manner. I just don't see how shooting an alcohol based gel can be ANY good for your body....ugghh. Long story short, we didn't do it. At least I know I didn't..I hope he didn't.

But like I said we have suboxone now. Does anyone know if I can take some and be ok? I'm not in full withdrawal. But slowly starting. I don't wanna be miserable before I dose just a quarter tablet(sublingually of course.)

Ohhh and reflecto I almost forgot, ours are generic. But from what I've read both brand name and generic contain corn starch and the magnesium stearate and whatnot. So I don't think it'll make a difference w/ your preparation method. And thanks for lettin me know btw!! email me anytime. sucks we can't just do it on here. how long does it take to get 2 bluelighter status anyway??!? haha thanks every1

Last edited by a moderator:
ugh screw it, im just gonna take a lil bit and see what happens..im sure ill be fine. *knocked on wood* thanks again.

yeah ive never shot suboxone i've only seen it do nasty things to ppl. whether or not they've been using other opis recently. only reason i thought subutex was ok cuz the active ingredient was a straight opi. no blockers. but yeah....foul play, i added you on my aim list. since i can't pm you. maybe we can talk on there.

The naloxone in Suboxone is inactive - shouldn't make any difference. Most find Subutex and Suboxone impossible to tell apart IV. Neither is good to IV of course so good luck switching to sublingual. As a dyed in the wool needle fetishist if I could stick to sublingual and avoid shooting it anyone can :D

You can PM BLers when you have 50 posts - can PM staff if you have reason to however many posts you have.

Yeah I was fine within 20 minutes of taking the sub. But I waited QUITE awhile. Won't need to next time cuz I'll be taking it subilingually and all will be well. :) Thx for the info on pming, working on my 50 posts as we "speak"! Thx again

I thought that iv'ing the sobo's activated the naloxone? if is completely inactive what is the point of it? I just got my script for sebutex today and I want to try Iv'ing it. I had to take my first dose in the dr's office so I have already taken about 12 mg's today. i'm gonna wait till the am to iv it I want to be able to feel the rush if three is one. What is it like when yuo shoot it? Do you get any type of rush. I only get a weeks worth of sebs then they switch me to sobo's so i might as well try shooting it while I can. I know Ican probally find the answers ti this shit in the mega thread but it is sooooo long. I can't read all that, besides Im a junkie i need instant gratification. lol