L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

acne on genitals

U

Unregistered15984

I do sometimes get acne on my genitals though and I want to know how common this is and if its ever happened to anyone else?

before someone suggests it i do not have warts, herpes, or an other STD as i have been checked for those

Honestly, only once or twice. I don't think I exfoliated enough before/after a wax. But the earth didn't stop revolving. I think this happens to a fair number of people.

Male/female? If you feel comfortable answering the question, which genitalia? Is it a recurring problem? If you do get a pimple or two, the situation will resolve pretty quickly. I'm not being glib, I just don't think it's something to stress over. It happens. I understand why someone would want to avoid putting benzoyl peroxide on their tender bits, but if it's happening frequently, there must be some treatment available that's relatively gentle.

As unpleasant as it is to say there's a zit on my clit*, that brief explanation should reassure your partner that it's not an STD.

* or other gender-appropriate location

I'm a guy. it's not a lot of acne like you'd get on your face it's more just like a few and it's more of an annoyance or just odd that I sometimes get it there at rare times.

The timewave ah! This happened to me recently, although they started to freak me out as they looked like cysts. Two small bumps there for almost 2 months. One day I got fed up and popped it. It hurt. It's gone now.

^a similar thing happened to me, except it only last for about a month.

op, wash the area several times a day and apply pimple treatment several times also.

^Washing too much can exacerbate the problem.

There's a product called Tend Skin that works wonders. It's meant for ingrown hairs and other irritation from shaving anywhere on the body, and it helps your skin shed faster so that none of that stuff can happen. Anything with same active ingredients works, really. If you do get Tend Skin, you'll have to find out what the right "dose" is for you - if you use it too much, your skin will get visibly flaky (it scrubs right off with a loofah or whatever and it's not really a problem, but you have to keep up with that if it becomes an issue cuz you're using it too much).

^ ha you took the words right out of my mouth. I use tend skin for ingrown hairs but it's also great for blocked pores and other annoyances. Alternatively used a gentle exfoliator a few times a week and a non perfumed moisturiser which is designed for sensitive skin. You need to experiment and find out what works for your skin. It can be a bit costly and annoying to start off with but once you figure it out this acne thing shouldn't bother you again.

With my lubed up hand on my BF's wang, I noticed this too!

He totally had like a huge blackhead/blocked pore on his shaft! It was crazy! I'm a picker though, and could not wait to squeeze it. I found 2 more on the underside closer to the um...sac region.

He looked quite uncomfortable. I bought his some neutrogena acne body wash. In the 2.5 years we've been together, this has only happened once before.

So, yeah, that's what I was thinking, OP, it's not a constant problem, but rather a very occasional problem that's nevertheless a pain in the ass. So that's good news. If you suffered from chronic acne downtown, it would be a different story. I think there are more than a few good suggestions contained in the responses to your thread. So basically, you're good. Apply the advice and you won't have to worry about it anymore.

^Washing too much can exacerbate the problem.

There's a product called Tend Skin that works wonders. It's meant for ingrown hairs and other irritation from shaving anywhere on the body, and it helps your skin shed faster so that none of that stuff can happen.

Tend Skin sounds interesting. Trial and error will determine what the appropriate dose is, yeah?

^ ha you took the words right out of my mouth. I use tend skin for ingrown hairs but it's also great for blocked pores and other annoyances. Alternatively used a gentle exfoliator a few times a week and a non perfumed moisturiser which is designed for sensitive skin. You need to experiment and find out what works for your skin. It can be a bit costly and annoying to start off with but once you figure it out this acne thing shouldn't bother you again.

The last option in bold is what I've always gone with. When I first started shaving and/or waxing the tender bit area, I got a very unattractive ingrown hair pimple the first and second times. Ugh. Only twice though.

Because I interwebzed and found out that exfoliating in the area (GENTLY) will probably prevent any acne down there by removing dead skin cells that are just desperate to find a nice beautiful clean pore in which to bed down for the night/week. Once those dead skin cells are in the pores, the bacteria that naturally hangs about in the pore waiting for its chance, will start to feed and multiply: hence, a ZIT for USers/a SPOT for the Britishers.

Exfoliation can really improve your life. (yes, that was stated slightly tongue-in-cheek to poke a jab at fashion magazines' articles titles and marketing phrases in general.) If you gently exfoliate with a cheap rice bran/oatmeal/kaolin scrub (you can even make your own if money's tight), you'll be surprised at the smooth quality of your skin. The exfoliation is removing the conditions that allow pimples to grow. I think most pimples in the genital area are caused by blocked pores as opposed to hormonal-induced acne in the sexy regions.

Yeah, Tend Skin is just a liquid that you put on a cotton ball and wipe over the affected area. You can use it as little or as much as you need. Essentially it just dries your skin out really fast (not quite like that, but you know what I mean) and encourages exfoliation so you can't get all blocked up with ingrown hairs or dead skin or whatever it may be - it's more common in the no-no zone because it's usually warm and moist with clothes rubbing all up on it all the time.

I exfoliate like a maniac because of a skin condition, but I also still need to use Tend Skin on my bikini area because I'm really prone to ingrowns. I always tell everyone to exfoliate more often though, even myself - it makes your skin softer and prettier. :)

Thank god this came up, needed to read it i have 5 and they havent gone in the last 2 months so tendskin it is.

I get little hard bump things, and have had them ever since i was about 13... almost like studs. they're under the skin, and just hard little bumps all over my dick, i get them on my balls too - but those are more like some kinda pimple which i can squeeze the white shit out of and they go out - the ones on my shaft are hard, and if squeezed forcibly, get inflamed.

I've had doctors confirm its normal - and if you look at most dicks, they appear to be there.

It's not like acne though, that'd be pretty gross to have on ya dick

dawg, I dunno what your talking about. I can handle having dick pimples to pop once and a while, but ball pimples that puss?

I get little hard bump things, and have had them ever since i was about 13... almost like studs. they're under the skin, and just hard little bumps all over my dick, i get them on my balls too - but those are more like some kinda pimple which i can squeeze the white shit out of and they go out - the ones on my shaft are hard, and if squeezed forcibly, get inflamed.

I've had doctors confirm its normal - and if you look at most dicks, they appear to be there.

It's not like acne though, that'd be pretty gross to have on ya dick

yep i've sucked lots of cock and they are common, yes you can sometimes squeeze stuff out but it hard to do. i think they a sex sweat glands or something:\

Maybe they're just small sebaceous cysts, expecially if they cannot be squeezed / do not mature...