• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tambourine-man

Bluelight Crew
D: Breck Eisner
W: Scott Kosar (screenplay) and Ray Wright (screenplay)
S: Timothy Olyphant

NSFW:
Crazies_3.jpg

Remake of George A. Romero's 1973 original (why not, Hollywood's remade just about every other of his films?). The original is an undervalued gem IMO.

It looks cool. Im gonna see it. The name is a little goofy. But does look like fun :D

I'm downloading the original now. Heard it was pretty good

This sounds interesting, the remake not so much but I'm going to download the original. I had no idea that this movie existed because I wasn't even a zygote when it came out.

The original is an undervalued gem IMO.

I could never get passed the terrible acting to fully appreciate it. I've tried on numerous occasions, but still only managed to get about half way through. This was back in my, 'buy anything that looks remotely interesting on DVD' days. :D

I've got over that now. :|

*Snoops on imdb*

Why was I expecting that twat Melissa George to be in this?. I actually like Radha Mitchell (she reminds me of a young Jessica Lange), but I'm still not totally sold on it.

the Crazies will probably suck, but I will see it because I am a sucker for zombie-horror (and these look like zombies in the loosest sense of the word).

Last edited:
I watched half of the original version but I was too fried to understand it. I'm pretty sure it's not a zombie movie though, I'm going to start it over in the morning. The few parts that made sense were pretty good though. I doubt the remake will be on par with the original.

they are zombies in the loosest sense of the word. more like crazy people who come under the influence of a virus.

the original movie is more of a critical take on the extreme powers and stupidity of the armed forces.

just came out in the states this weekend. saw it last night. i was highly impressed. id have to say one of the better "scary" movies ive seen in a long time. had one arm around my girl, my other hand, clenching the lap of my jeans. lol. but yeah, really really intense from beginning to end.

we had to go home and watch pit boss on animal planet to take are minds off it. :)

fwiw, dont go into it looking for academy award winners. its just entertainment. havent seen the original so i cant say whether or not it was a true "re-make", but highly entertining nonetheless.

the car wash scene was one of the best in the movie! and the helicopter, holy shit , i did not expect that!

Will check this out, don't think much of the original though - although Romero's other work is fantastic.

I thought the original was incredibly bad, but Romero freaks seemed to like it. I met him at a festival in Melbourne last year. Nice guy. Can't make films for shit though. Probably why he's still milking the zombie genre, forty years later.

at the end i saw that romero was the executive producer, but we all know that doesnt mean shit. i just imdb'd the movie and one of the writers did the ryan reynolds amityville horror remake. the other writer did the american version of pulse. both (imo) equally creepy movies fwiw.

I thought the original was incredibly bad, but Romero freaks seemed to like it. I met him at a festival in Melbourne last year. Nice guy. Can't make films for shit though. Probably why he's still milking the zombie genre, forty years later.

yet another outrageous remark posted here in F&T by you. while I respect the opinions of all intelligent beings here, some of your Film opinions make me wonder if you even watch movies at all. like that one time where you disregarded all things Quentin Tarantino and condemned Inglorious Basterds to sucktitude before seeing it, but upon seeing it, saw the light and instantly loved the movie.

come on man! George Romero revolutionized the horror genre, and no one like him has been able to capture social satire/commentary as fine as he has since then. it is absurd to think that he has only done zombie movies - he actually has a decent repertoire of films under his belt.

anyways - I saw The Crazies and it was actually a decent horror movie. lots of fun, and deliciously nihilistic. I like how it keeps the theme of the incompetence/disservice to the people of the Army.

Romero fan boys seem to see something that I'm missing. I know people whose opinions I respect that would argue the same thing, but then when I ask them to explain to me some of the brilliant social satire/ commentary, they are incapable of doing so for some bizarre reason.

Maybe 'The Crazies' and 'Night of the Living Dead' are two brilliant and complex works of art. Maybe I just thought they were utter crap because I'm ignorant. Seriously, I'm not being sarcastic. Perhaps there is some genius at work behind what I perceive as relatively shit zombie films.

Enlighten me.

George Romero revolutionized the horror genre, and no one like him has been able to capture social satire/commentary as fine as he has since then. it is absurd to think that he has only done zombie movies - he actually has a decent repertoire of films under his belt.

Back this up. Point out some moments of 'the finest social satire in the horror genre'. Direct me towards some decent films that Romero has made that aren't about zombies.. (I liked Monkey Shines far more than his zombie flicks).

...like that one time where you disregarded all things Quentin Tarantino and condemned Inglorious Basterds to sucktitude before seeing it, but upon seeing it, saw the light and instantly loved the movie...

I had very low expectations and yes, I had become jaded to everything Tarantino. After all, the early part of his career was brilliant and then he made some serious crap before returning to form in 'Basterds'.

Isn't it better to admit that I'm wrong rather than just sticking to my preconceived ideas?

Last edited:
Night of the Living Dead
The Crazies
Dawn of the Dead
Day of the Dead
Land of the Dead
Diary of the Dead
Survival of the Dead

His "of the Dead" films are kind of embarrassing if he wants to take himself seriously, then why churn out as many sequels as possible?

He seems like a sell out to me.

Dude, what the fuck?

What horror movies do you like?

Few directors come close to Romero in the horror genre.

Sell outs pervert their art to make money. That's probably the last thing you could ever accuse Romero of.

Night of the Living Dead:

Wikipedia said:
The initial budget was $6,000 with the ten members of the production company investing $600 each for a share of the profits. When it was found that another $6,000 was required another ten investors were found but this was also soon found to be inadequate. Image Ten eventually raised approximately $114,000 for the budget.

The small budget dictated much of the production process. According to Hardman, "We knew that we could not raise enough money to shoot a film on a par with the classic horror films with which we had all grown up. The best that we could do was to place our cast in a remote spot and then bring the horror to be visited on them in that spot".

Dawn of the Dead:

Wikipedia said:
Principal photography for Dawn of the Living Dead (its working title at the time) began on November 13, 1977 at the Monroeville Mall. Use of an actual, open shopping mall during the Christmas shopping season caused numerous time constraints. Filming began nightly once the mall closed, starting at 11 PM and ending at 7 AM, when automated music came on.

Day of the Dead:

Wikipedia said:
Romero originally intended the film to be his undead epic; "the Gone with the Wind of zombie films."[2] Following budget disputes and the artistic need to release the film unrated, the budget of the film was cut in half, dropping from $7 million to a scant $3.5 million.[2] This forced Romero to scale back his story, rewriting the script and adjusting his original vision to fit the smaller budget.

He's always had to do things the hard way yet has never given up.

Land of the Dead was the first film in his entire career he was actually given a reasonable budget to work with.

Whilst a lot of the social satire in his films involves reading between the lines, there are overt moments you'd have to be an idiot not to recognise:

*Spoilers*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cikP6C_BqJw

Pull your head out of your arse?

Last edited: