• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

New hydromorphone ER - Exalgo

I'm confused why Purdue hasn't made HydromorphContin available in the states, it's extended release Hydromorphone HCL and comes in 3,6,12,16,14,30mg sizes we have it here in Canada :\. Palladone was taken off the market because alcohol would defeat the time release and FDA thought warnings weren't enough right?

Exalgo was approved on March 1st 2010 by the FDA. The extended release they employ for the matrix of Exalgo is very interesting... hopefully it will work out better than Palladone. Still waiting for other opiates to be approved... Chronogesic, Instanyl, and Nasalfent.

http://www.combinatorx.com/products_pain_exalgo.php

~BIG~

If I'm not mistaken, that system is also the one used for Concerta brand extended-release methylphenidate

I'm confused why Purdue hasn't made HydromorphContin available in the states, it's extended release Hydromorphone HCL and comes in 3,6,12,16,14,30mg sizes we have it here in Canada :\. Palladone was taken off the market because alcohol would defeat the time release and FDA thought warnings weren't enough right?

Yes, people would drink even the smallest amount of alcohol and it would totally defeat the extended/time release system... releasing all of the Palladone which dosed all the way up to a 32mg Hydromorphone ER...
So your HydromorphContin can take that!;)
But seriously... it would ovbiously be AWESOME if HydromorphContin was available in the USA... but the FDA do whatever they please. With that being said the Exalgo will be FINE. The extended/time release in Exalgo will only be defeated by crushing it and taking it intranasally... dont know about injecting it... I would say NOT being able to inject it based on the polymers in this Osmotic extended/time release system. YEAH! you heard me... FUCKING POLYMERS... YAY!

If I'm not mistaken, that system is also the one used for Concerta brand extended-release methylphenidate

Yes, many medications use a similar or exact Osmotic extended/time release system.
http://www.pharmainfo.net/reviews/review-latest-advancement-patented-controlled-sustained-release-drug-delivery-system
It is the OROS PUSH-PULL system.

~BIG~

rant

8o why the fuck would anyone want hydromorphone er. Every ER pill made sucks. ER Opanas blow, so I thkn ER Hydromorphones would suck as well. You can't boot Opana ER's if you say you do then more power to you, but I don't believe you, its like people who snort or try to get off on MS Contin. I dated the daughter of a very high up at working on MS CONTIN. ER pills. He literally had samples and bottles of tens of thousands legally and legitally I wouldn't even bother taking them. I have would rather be sick than take an ER pill or put the energy into telling myself I was high after I snorted/shot something that didn't work. Have fun wasting you're money. The only way these would be worth a damn is if the Extended Release was easily, and safely removed, which just like with the TimerX or w/e in Opana will suck and end up causing more arms to fall off than fill up.

Sorry I hate ER's. :!

Well as you guys know I'm sure I've been RX'd Dillies for a loooooong time now. I'm currently taking 120 8mg's Instant Release Dillies a month & now just last week my Dr. decided he wants me to also try this "new" drugs as he put it and wrote me an RX for 120 8mg Dillies as usual plus 60 12 mg Exalgo ER tablets. After closer look I realized they were these extended release Hydromorphone tablets. SO I guess my new dose is 24mg Instant release with 24 mg's extended release a day.

We all know I'm not shy with the spike, I may not IV as much as before but you best bet I'll be back real soon with a report on how easy or hard these are for the IV'ers out there. We all know a dillie isn't worth being called a dillie If you can't bang it. If these are just a harder way to get the same thing Iw ould out of 1 1/2 of my 8's (which are CRAZY easy to fix up. Probably easiest pill to ever bang) than they won't be worth much to me. It's almost re-fill day so full report from me coming soon.

I'll be back real soon with a report on how easy or hard these are for the IV'ers out there. We all know a dillie isn't worth being called a dillie If you can't bang it. If these are just a harder way to get the same thing Iw ould out of 1 1/2 of my 8's (which are CRAZY easy to fix up. Probably easiest pill to ever bang) than they won't be worth much to me. It's almost re-fill day so full report from me coming soon.

It should be near impossible to IV them due to the polymers in this Osmotic extended/time release system. So I believe if you want to come back with your report it will be more on the hard to not-be-able-to side.

ok the exalgos. all of em. 8,16 so on.
first get the cating off completly. you will notice one side is gray and one side is white and has a pin hole. you need to geth the grey sid off the white sid completly. seperate them with a pair of vice grips, plyer, whatever. split it. you will have excess grey matter on the white. you need to get a file or seraded knife and shave that off. this took some practice and was not simple. now. theese things wont crush for shit. so you have to shave or file them down. you can have some chucks in there. but the more and bigger chunks the longer it takes to disolve. ok,. here latley this thing with the pills is that you dont add heat. heat gels them. i use and i knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww this sounds crazy. water with ice cubes in it. ice damn cold water. the colder the better. put the shavings into you resivoir. (i suggest a bigger one than spoon sinse lots of water should be needed. add about 4 cc ice cold water and just keep stirring and knocking it around, crushing on it with your finger mayber or anther object. you will begin to see it dissolve,. and eventually it will all dissolve. you will still have the casing in there. it may take a good while. and some practice. but im telling you when you get the reward. its actually pretty good. now iver never tried heating theese as heat will draw the hydromoraphone into the was. i actually havnt noticed much residue left back or was so heat may be a good idea here. im out. so somone try that and let us know.

i meant wax. sorry. heat draws hydromoraphone into wax. like i said. i have ived them. yes preperation takes some time. but it was a powerful rush.

8o why the fuck would anyone want hydromorphone er. Every ER pill made sucks.

I know where you are coming from... but you gotta remember, these tablets were designed as an analgesic, not a recreational drug. In fact, they have aspects in them specifically to discourage misuse.

this seems like a thread and discussion that members are interested in, but it is not a BDD question.

OD, it's yours.

BDD---> OD

ok the exalgos. all of em. 8,16 so on.
first get the cating off completly. you will notice one side is gray and one side is white and has a pin hole. you need to geth the grey sid off the white sid completly. seperate them with a pair of vice grips, plyer, whatever. split it. you will have excess grey matter on the white. you need to get a file or seraded knife and shave that off. this took some practice and was not simple. now. theese things wont crush for shit. so you have to shave or file them down. you can have some chucks in there. but the more and bigger chunks the longer it takes to disolve. ok,. here latley this thing with the pills is that you dont add heat. heat gels them. i use and i knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww this sounds crazy. water with ice cubes in it. ice damn cold water. the colder the better. put the shavings into you resivoir. (i suggest a bigger one than spoon sinse lots of water should be needed. add about 4 cc ice cold water and just keep stirring and knocking it around, crushing on it with your finger mayber or anther object. you will begin to see it dissolve,. and eventually it will all dissolve. you will still have the casing in there. it may take a good while. and some practice. but im telling you when you get the reward. its actually pretty good. now iver never tried heating theese as heat will draw the hydromoraphone into the was. i actually havnt noticed much residue left back or was so heat may be a good idea here. im out. so somone try that and let us know.
The ice water meathod works great for dissolving, after smashing w/ a morter&pestal I cut into tiny shreads w/ a razor (I swirled 32 mgs. around in a shotglass, put in freezer for a few minutes, took out swirled again for 5 minutes)
Took about half an hour total...my question, the half oz. or so of water is a little
"slimy" from whatever the binder is that makes it (plastic-like) I dont IV and was wondering if it is safe for anybody to, would cotton or filter prevent the "slimy" part from being in the pull ? Im going to drink the liquid & report back if anybody is interested...

The ice water meathod works great for dissolving, after smashing w/ a morter&pestal I cut into tiny shreads w/ a razor (I swirled 32 mgs. around in a shotglass, put in freezer for a few minutes, took out swirled again for 5 minutes)
Took about half an hour total...my question, the half oz. or so of water is a little
"slimy" from whatever the binder is that makes it (plastic-like) I dont IV and was wondering if it is safe for anybody to, would cotton or filter prevent the "slimy" part from being in the pull ? Im going to drink the liquid & report back if anybody is interested...

I just realized (while drinking) the binder doesnt dissolve - It bound itself into a small thin floater, chewed it up to be sure...mmmm crunchy Will report more...
I know my tolerance is gonna shoot fast w/ these, (like any good opiate/opiode) I'm mainly going to use the Exalgo to cut down on the withdrawls Im gonna start experiencing quitting 60 mgs. of daily methadone...Its a purty' shiddy drug for pain -hopefully I will end up liking the Exalgo taking them the (proper) way...

Last edited:
8o why the fuck would anyone want hydromorphone er. Every ER pill made sucks. ER Opanas blow, so I thkn ER Hydromorphones would suck as well. You can't boot Opana ER's if you say you do then more power to you, but I don't believe you, its like people who snort or try to get off on MS Contin. I dated the daughter of a very high up at working on MS CONTIN. ER pills. He literally had samples and bottles of tens of thousands legally and legitally I wouldn't even bother taking them. I have would rather be sick than take an ER pill or put the energy into telling myself I was high after I snorted/shot something that didn't work. Have fun wasting you're money. The only way these would be worth a damn is if the Extended Release was easily, and safely removed, which just like with the TimerX or w/e in Opana will suck and end up causing more arms to fall off than fill up.

Sorry I hate ER's. :!

Idk if I'm mistaken, but aren't the yellow 40mg Opanas extended release? If so, I blew a shit ton of those, and while they do gel up, if you take it slow and do small lines it most certainly gets you off, at least it did for me. If they aren't ER, then my bad. ;)

If you go into the hydromorphone thread there's a post on how to break the exalts down for iv use. I've done it myself and it works.
Here's how to do it.
-wash/rub the coating off. You will see half is white and half is gray.
- cut the pill down the center of the white and grey.
- throw out the grey part(there's no drug in it)
-scrape off any gray left on the white half.
- you will notice there's a thin clear coating around the white part. Carefully shave/peel it off
- crush the white part in a mortar and pestle as fine as possible
- put crushed hydromorphone into spoon
- add very very cold water
- filter and enjoy!!!

***I've done this many times and it works great!! Amazing rush. I had the 32mg ones I think. I only did half of the powder and got a super good rush and high. This method is also in the hydromorphone mega thread.

Hope this helps anyone who has these that's trying to beat the oros system for snorting or iv'ing. Again I've done this method quite a few times. I'm not one to say something works if it clearly doesn't. Good luck!

If you go into the hydromorphone thread there's a post on how to break the exalts down for iv use. I've done it myself and it works.
Here's how to do it.
-wash/rub the coating off. You will see half is white and half is gray.
- cut the pill down the center of the white and grey.
- throw out the grey part(there's no drug in it)
-scrape off any gray left on the white half.
- you will notice there's a thin clear coating around the white part. Carefully shave/peel it off
- crush the white part in a mortar and pestle as fine as possible
- put crushed hydromorphone into spoon
- add very very cold water
- filter and enjoy!!!

***I've done this many times and it works great!! Amazing rush. I had the 32mg ones I think. I only did half of the powder and got a super good rush and high. This method is also in the hydromorphone mega thread.

Hope this helps anyone who has these that's trying to beat the oros system for snorting or iv'ing. Again I've done this method quite a few times. I'm not one to say something works if it clearly doesn't. Good luck!

I dont know if they made 32mg. when they were new on the market last year...
I do know that the only available now are 8 12 & 16 mg tabs'